5k run times

Options

Replies

• Rmoots
    Rmoots Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That really is fantastic!!

My first 5k I thought I was going to die...and it took me 49 minutes....

I am happy to say that I have done about 4 now (2 years time) & I am clocking in at 33 minutes!

I am impressed with all of your times...Next goal has to be to get under 30 minutes!
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My first attempt was 36 min. My latest attempt was 31:15. My goal is under 30.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My best race time is 24:40, but I'm out of shape from that these days, it's around 28.
  • pars1981
    pars1981 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i completed my first 5k yesterday in 28:13.

now cant wait for my next one in January!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I can't run because of the pain is causes in my back, but I walk 5k's a few times a year. Best walking time so far is 43 minutes. Finished one yesterday with my 5 year old daughter in 1 hour 5 minutes, carrying her the last 1/2 mile.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    My first was 40 minutes, my PB is 34 min. I have COPD from years of smoking so struggle with my breathing, but I refuse to quit
  • WAMarathoner
    Options
    Terrific! I tend to do longer races, but when I do speedwork I can run 5K in about 25 minutes. Those younger kids can run me off the road (one of my son's friends has a PR under 17 minutes!), but it's plenty fast enough for me.

Everyone's goals are different (age, gender, body type, etc.), but maybe we should all have one goal in common: keep getting faster!
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I did my second 5K Saturday at 51 minutes, and it was as fast as I could possibly go. I'm 100 pounds overweight, and I stilled jogged a lot of it. Go me.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Great reading about all these running achievements! :bigsmile:

My avatar is me completing my first ever cross-country half marathon in 2 hours and six minutes! Amazing to think that 2 years ago I was an overweight, chain smoking wine guzzler...!
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My first was 33 Minutes and I got down to 23:54 in the same race a year later. It's amazing what you can do with dedication. Good luck going forward!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Just had to share and wanted you to share too!

I finished my FIRST 5k at age 47 in 31:39. I placed 734th out of 1851 entries and 100th out of 280 in my age group! (Yay me!)

Come on runners-share your accomplishments!

WOW that's excellent! Congrats!!
    My fastest time was 34 minutes but I'm looking to beat that during the Thanksgiving 5K in my town.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Just had to share and wanted you to share too!

I finished my FIRST 5k at age 47 in 31:39. I placed 734th out of 1851 entries and 100th out of 280 in my age group! (Yay me!)

Come on runners-share your accomplishments!

My first ever 5k race was timed at 28:35, that was eighteen months ago. I now run it in 25:34.

Running's great, I luffs it :heart:
  • ganaz23
    ganaz23 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    did a 5k this past Sunday and did it in 30:25. I did my first one 2 yars ago and it took me about 37 mins.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I drove a route around my neighborhood, trying to figure out what path would be around 3.1 miles, which equals a 5k.

I've done that route twice now, as I'm training for my first non-walking 5k which is on Oct 20th.

29 and 27 minutes so far.

I'm hoping my measurements are accurate, as my goal was to do it in under a half hour.

There are tons of websites you can use to measure your routes. They are very accurate. Here's one.

www.gmap-pedometer.com
  • Teko03
    Teko03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My best official 5K time is 24:21 (back in August). I went for a 3-mile run yesterday and completed it in 22:45, so I'd guess with the extra 100 meters (0.1K) it would have been just over 23 minutes. Never thought I'd be able to get it down to that.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i have only done 5k mud runs (and a color run). this past saturday i ran my first 10k (normal race). finished the 10k in 1:17. as for the mud runs (and the color run):

rugged maniac 5K: 1:20
    zombie escape 5k mud run: 1:05
    color me rad 5k: 36 minutes (probably the closest thing to a straight 5k race)

in 2008 i ran an 8k (very first race ever) in: 1:25
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I drove a route around my neighborhood, trying to figure out what path would be around 3.1 miles, which equals a 5k.

I've done that route twice now, as I'm training for my first non-walking 5k which is on Oct 20th.

29 and 27 minutes so far.

I'm hoping my measurements are accurate, as my goal was to do it in under a half hour.

There are tons of websites you can use to measure your routes. They are very accurate. Here's one.

www.gmap-pedometer.com

Ahh I love that gmap!!

Great little site, can save all different routes on there too. Added a new route to it this morning in fact, my 36th pmsl.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    First 5K time was 36:49, second one was 33:35. So I'm making progress. hoping to eventually get it under 30 minutes, but that'll take a while. Never been a runner, never thought I could be, so I'm pretty happy about this.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Never done 5ks'. My 8k best is 36minutes and change.