Sooo cooking is an 'exercise'....

Options

Replies

• HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    log sex as "walking the dog, 2.5 mph" like the rest of us do

Now this makes me look at my 40s+ ladies in a whole new light, as many of them 'walk the dog' every day! lol

THIS lmao.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    yoga!! xD
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I always thought of it as doing a load. of laundry people! doing a load of laundry!:blushing:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm married, so it's unicycling for me.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Haha. I put it down under "that thing you do."
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    On a serious note (yawn...): On the weekend just been I made and decorated a two tier 21st birthday cake and prepared a third. I spent close to six hours in the kitchen. I logged this because my activity level is set as the "sit on your butt all day" setting. So six hours standing in the kitchen is definately in my usual day to day activity!
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    yeah, so is housekeeping :huh:
    I'm thinking if a person has to put that much effort into housekeeping that it is logged as an attainable goal in exercise, they might need more help than weight and fitness.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    On a serious note (yawn...): On the weekend just been I made and decorated a two tier 21st birthday cake and prepared a third. I spent close to six hours in the kitchen. I logged this because my activity level is set as the "sit on your butt all day" setting. So six hours standing in the kitchen is definately in my usual day to day activity!

THIS! I'm a student but I work in a kitchen part time so I'm chopping and running around and making different things...so I log that because I'm on my feet for 6-8 + hours on those days. I don't log the whole day but I log a couple hours of it becasue honestly I'm doing so much of it and I wouldn't be normally doing anything if I was not at work, I'd be sitting doing homework etc.
  • cardenalera
    cardenalera Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I log the cooking marathons I do during the winter. 4 pots of soup, a roast and a batch of cookies and I'm WIPED. I do not log the 20 minutes or so I do every evening when I'm helping my husband put dinner together.

I'm with you on this, since I own a really small cooking business and do basically all the cooking myself (that's the "small" part of it). Usually is just about 20 or 30 minutes on slow days but sometimes can go up to 3 or 4 hours, and since I run from here to there the whole time I count it as an exercise. I don't deny sometimes it makes me feel a little guilty, cause I know is not proper exercise, but if it makes my heart race and end up tired I gotta log it.

As for the sex part.. Yeah, I tried a custom exercise but it raised too many questions. :happy: I calculate about 150 cals for half an hour, so I log it now as Walking at 2.8 mph..
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options

THIS! I'm a student but I work in a kitchen part time so I'm chopping and running around and making different things...so I log that because I'm on my feet for 6-8 + hours on those days. I don't log the whole day but I log a couple hours of it becasue honestly I'm doing so much of it and I wouldn't be normally doing anything if I was not at work, I'd be sitting doing homework etc.

My job keeps me walking, cleaning and lifting things for hours at a time, too. I will log about half the time I am at work as exercise. I also log laundry and heavier cleaning that takes a lot of time. It does cause a rise in heart rate a lot. I have my activity level as light, so I feel this is accurate. I am not really sure how it would be anyone elses business anyway, though.

Also I log sex, if I ever have any, as calisthenics, because it is generally similar for me, ;)
  • Ash2712
    Ash2712 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    All of these comments made my whole night!!!:laugh:
    I have always wondered why sex was never in the database lol....I never knew it was a secert was "walk the dog"
    Good to know:happy:
    I will never look at others who post this the same way now!!

But now I'm interested to know just how many calories are burned when I "walk the dog" ...
    I am so wearing a heart monitor the night my hubby gets home:blushing: lol

Thanks for the giggles everyone!
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start logging it as "uni cycling". I don't think that will raise any eyebrows. It seems legit.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Pshsh. I think I once even came across some logging 'Driving' as an exercise. -_-

If you're gonna call me out, at least do it to my face! Driving is hard, especially when you have DOMS and trying to turn the wheel is torture. Shifting is evil and trying to push the clutch in...forget about it! I just drive around in 1st gear everywhere.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    In another thread it was mentioned someone logging mowing lawn as exercise, even though it'd been done on a ride-on. HMMM...
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Gosh. All your "alternative" suggestions:

walking the dog
    calisthenics
    dancing
    food preparation

Has someone been peeking at my exercise chart?!
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    But sex isn't! How come?

Sometimes i spend just as much time upstairs as i do in the kitchen and certainly break more of a sweat!

Perhaps i should log it as more belly-dancing!

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
    you can find foreplay and sexual intercourse. then come back onto mfp and add it to the database! I added it but changed the name of it because i dont feel everyone should know when my husband and i make love haha. for 165 lbs, i burn 154 calories every 30 minutes! that is doing s.i.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Come on Ruby, we know you don't really have a horse.

plus, who would go all the way to the stables just to ride a horse for 2 minutes? :happy:
    [/quote]

Lmao 2 minutes!? ha that'd be nice :P

Sometimes I do feel the need to log driving as excersize. Car cruises I usually go on last about 8 hours... and we often call into private property for hooning activities which is actually quite aggrresive driving when your in a AWD Manual.
    Its not a daily activity for me, nor weekly or I wouldn't think about it... but if I go on a cruise every 1 or 2 months I think its kinda reasonable
  • Madein1971
    Options
    Should Unicycling be when you're doing it on your own?? ;^)
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    log sex as "walking the dog, 2.5 mph" like the rest of us do

Hahaha!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    But sex isn't! How come?

Sometimes i spend just as much time upstairs as i do in the kitchen and certainly break more of a sweat!

Perhaps i should log it as more belly-dancing!

Cooking's most likely been stuck in the database by members.

Personally, I do not class it as exercise.