Fell off the wagon yesterday

Options
2»

Replies

• Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Only worry about today & tomorrow, yesterday is in the rearview mirror...don't look back.

Don't fast, just go back to your normal routine.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It must've been in the air... I too had a bad weekend, just letting myself overeat. I didn't go too too crazy but that's because I put the brakes on (sometimes)... It could have been way worse.

I did have two days in a row (Friday and Saturday) where I consumed processed bread... one not so good white "bun" and then the 9-grain Honey Oat from Subway.

Too much too much too much.

I'm here to say that this too will pass and I will continue on and so shall you. Hope your food fog ends soon so you're feeling better!
  • buda12345
    buda12345 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was on vacation last week and I ate over 25,000 calories for the week where I normally eat around 18,000/week. And they were not good calories(burgers, fries, ice cream). It's not a big deal. The key is not worrying about the past.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Well, actually, it was more like I jumped. I usually eat 1450 cal and most of the time I am under, but yesterday, tsk tsktsk. I ate and ate and ate. Of course I didn't want everyone to view my diary for the day but I was curious about how many calories and fat and all that were actually consumed, so I starting putting down everycrumb and I almost fell off my seat! I had 4300 calories! It was WHAT I ate more than how much. I haven't had any butter or bread since I started back on here and barely any sugar but I had a lot of high calorie food and sugar and fat and sodium yeserday. I am back on track today but I feel soooo sick and like, in a mental fog this morning. I feel hungover! I realy don't feel like I could eat another bite today. Would that be fine to fast today- I am not going to force myself to eat anything today if 'm not hungry...

It was Canadian Thanksgiving yesterday....You are supposed to overeat on Thanksgiving. Write it off and get back on track today.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I drank a bottle of wine yesterday. Yep. A bottle. Today I'll get in a good run and stay under for the day. No worries. :happy:
  • fernandesg
    fernandesg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I totally fell off the wagon too - I just stopped counting, but I think I was 1500+over. But this weekend was our Thanksgiving, so I guess that's a good reaons to have a blow out. Now, I figure it's time to get back on the wagon and move on. As the others said, yesterday is over, just concentrate on today! Fasting will not change the past.

BTW, I find I feel almost 'hungover' too when I have an 'over' day, even sometimes as low as 500 calories over, so it makes me less inclined to do it again any time soon :wink:
  • ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Some studies actually suggest "shocking" your body with large calorie intake (more than it's used to), to prevent plateauing. Just like you would vary exercises so your body does not get used to it.

Smile, carry on and be good today (that means extra exercise and watch your calorie intake).
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Well, actually, it was more like I jumped. I usually eat 1450 cal and most of the time I am under, but yesterday, tsk tsktsk. I ate and ate and ate. Of course I didn't want everyone to view my diary for the day but I was curious about how many calories and fat and all that were actually consumed, so I starting putting down everycrumb and I almost fell off my seat! I had 4300 calories! It was WHAT I ate more than how much. I haven't had any butter or bread since I started back on here and barely any sugar but I had a lot of high calorie food and sugar and fat and sodium yeserday. I am back on track today but I feel soooo sick and like, in a mental fog this morning. I feel hungover! I realy don't feel like I could eat another bite today. Would that be fine to fast today- I am not going to force myself to eat anything today if 'm not hungry...

My yesterday looked a lot like yours did, but you still have to eat; just within your normal calorie goal. losing weight is easier when you still allow yourself to eat what you like moderately. (HOWEVER; there are some things I can't eat moderately and i choose not to start, lol) but it'll help prevent binges to still treat yourself. good luck
  • 724a
    724a Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Urges happen. As many have said, just get back on plan. I wouldn't bother fasting. I know Thanksgiving (US) and Christmas are going to be a couple tough days. But, I'll enjoy a couple days without guilt and move on because they will only be a couple days. Just consider it a night out.

The question to ask yourself, however, is what triggered the 'jump'? Why? That might help you learn from the experience.

And, most important: you didn't just quit. Good on you!
  • IzzyBmydog
    IzzyBmydog Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's in the fall air....Been craving sugar and bread really bad lately...having a hard time...
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Well 4000 calories equils a pound. So now you know how we all got to being over weight so easily in the first place. fast and get all the yuk out of your system is not a bad thing, but know you also learned why we all felt like crap eating that stuff our whole lives. Take it as a lesson learned.:huh:

So with that being said, I say burn the wagon, you dont need it anymore.:smokin:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel like eating today, I wouldn't. But... if you're at all hungry later, eat a little something. Just don't force it. Fasting today won't make up for yesterday, necessarily... but, just keep moving forward from here. One day is not falling off the wagon. I would call it "turned around". But... you'll get back on track. There's so many people here that can help keep you motivated. You got this.

Don't look too much at one day. It's the whole process you need to worry about. Don't make yesterday an everyday occurance... but, don't beat yourself up too bad, either. You'll do just fine. :wink:
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    I've been known to enjoy chocolate fountains and all you can eat buffets, but you know, sometimes you need to indulge. It might set you back a few days, but weight loss isn't a race, it's learning experience. Just right your ship and carry on. :)
  • mama4loca
    mama4loca Posts: 181
    Options
    I drank a bottle of wine yesterday. Yep. A bottle. Today I'll get in a good run and stay under for the day. No worries. :happy:

LOL
  • mama4loca
    Options
    THANK YOU all for taking the time out of your busy lives to answer me back and give me support. I did very well today and didnt work out but painted the bathroom- up and down the ladder! So TY and I am all good now!
  • mama4loca
    Options
    Maybe it's in the fall air....Been craving sugar and bread really bad lately...having a hard time...

I hear ya- Fall makes me want to cook meals in the crockpot and bake. Well, that's what I used to do, which is why I'm fat. lol