Last 10lbs Group - March Challenges

Options

Replies

• ellipse22
    Options
    I'm a supervisor at Canada Post. I spend a lot of time on my feet walking about the plant/dock. I personally can't sit for long periods of time anyway.

I am quite busy with the kids too so it's not like I sit alot anyway. I just need my darn shoes & orthotics to come in so I can be more active!!
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like the 21 day challenge idea... I am a fan of everyone having the same challenge though, so that we all can root each other on and give tips and pointers along the way. I feel that we would have more of a bond as a team if we did it together. :smile:

I think checking in on the challenge daily would be a good idea.

A suggestion to make it easy is.... Try to follow me here : )

If we are all myfitnesspal friends, everyday one person.... ellipse22 maybe? Or whoever logs in first for the day.... could post in the News Feeds (which shows up on our homepage of my fitnesspal) the challenge. Then we all could 'check in' by making a comment on our outcome underneath the News Feed. : )

This way it is easily accesible everyday on our home page and we don't have to search for it, and we all can easily cheer each other onto success!

Just an idea! Let me know your thoughts......
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like the 21 day challenge idea... I am a fan of everyone having the same challenge though, so that we all can root each other on and give tips and pointers along the way. I feel that we would have more of a bond as a team if we did it together. :smile:

I think checking in on the challenge daily would be a good idea.

A suggestion to make it easy is.... Try to follow me here : )

If we are all myfitnesspal friends, everyday one person.... ellipse22 maybe? Or whoever logs in first for the day.... could post in the News Feeds (which shows up on our homepage of my fitnesspal) the challenge. Then we all could 'check in' by making a comment on our outcome underneath the News Feed. : )

This way it is easily accesible everyday on our home page and we don't have to search for it, and we all can easily cheer each other onto success!

Just an idea! Let me know your thoughts......

That sounds like a great idea to me!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a normalcy for me anymore....water and no sugar - that's a challenge!

I'd rather not have a new thread everyday-maybe once a wekk....but I'll do whatever.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've given up sugar for Lent - but it's actually more of a push to see if I could do it for 40 days. I'm anxious to see the results. I think the push is to do all of these goals together. It sounds like each of us have one of these goals down to a science, but not all of them together - which we need to do to be successful in our weight loss.
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to work on drinking enough water :smile:
  • ellipse22
    Options
    I apologize to everyone...a new thread once a week or when the thread itself ends (auto through MFP) is good!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I prefer just let it keep rolling!!!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    MFP will automatically create a new thread when this is full!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    ellipse-sounds perfect!
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    Oops...still getting the hang of this blogging!!! My bad!
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    luv2run4fun ......do you run a lot?
    [/quote]

Yes, I run 3 times a week and teach women's cardio fitness classes at our local YMCA twice a week. Would LOVE to run more but it would be too much cardio! How about you?
  • francis_adriro
    Options
    No exiciting plans for the weekend yet... lame lol. If the weather stays nice up here in WA., then a nice picnic at the park sounds wonderful.
  • gym_rat
    Options
    No exiciting plans for the weekend yet... lame lol. If the weather stays nice up here in WA., then a nice picnic at the park sounds wonderful.

I live in Washington State! On Fort Lewis.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Friday checking in, down 1/2 pound from last week, i'll take it!

I probably wont do the water challenge but will definitely do an exercise challenge. Love to run and play soccer so anyone has any goals i am up for that.

have a great weekend!!
  • PinguimPraiero
    PinguimPraiero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone!

I will take the exercise challenge.

Twelve pounds on a 4' 11" woman is something to work on. I am a little squirt. But a little squirt after the Tae Bo Boot Camp Elite is a bada**. :laugh:

Enjoy Living!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    Morning all!

Nothing planned for the weekend other than cleaning!

I'll be back later :wink:
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Checking in, I'm down .8 pound :smile:

This will be a busy weekend. I have my twins' 14th birthday parties today and tomorrow :drinker: . It's going to be a tough weekend with all the cake and goodies around :laugh: Next week's weigh in will be interesting :ohwell: .
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I am down 3 lbs since my last check-in! That seems crazy fast, considering I barely lost a pound in November and December (although I also wasn't logging my calories). Anyway, I don't trust that all 3 lbs are gone for good, but I'll take it if I can!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a normalcy for me anymore....water and no sugar - that's a challenge!

I'd rather not have a new thread everyday-maybe once a wekk....but I'll do whatever.

I agree. Exercise is pretty much normal but it's the whole water thing that is getting me!

I ate like crap this week so I didn't lose anything. BOOO! Freaking happy hour and pizza! Next weeks goal is to be REAAAALLLLY good with dinner. During the day I eat GREAT.....and then I get home and mess it all up with dinner.