Eliminating belly fat?

Options

Replies

• pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I can tell you comes from personal experience. Watch your sugar intake. This includes natural sugar. I find when I do not go over (or when I come in under :-) my alotted sugar for the day my stomach is much flatter. Also, make sure you are getting enough water and fiber some of that "fat" could be bloating...which sugar can also make worse. Hope this helps.
  • sjdavis1960
    Options
    All great advice, I think patience is the key.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    did anyone say to do squats and dead lifts yet? because you should be doing those. and do them as heavy as you can.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Eat super clean and keep your carbs under 80. No grains or processed sugars.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I started getting belly fat for the first time since I lost my weight when my body stopped responding to my normal step aerobics and light weight training and pilates. So I started ChaLEAN Extreme...worked like a charm! I'm doing round 2 in a couple of weeks. You ought join me! Add me if you're interested in the challenge!
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    Crunches also can help. They're not fun to do, but they tighten the abdominal muscles.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Remember, abs are made in the kitchen.

this. My belly is a problem for me. Some of it is from bloating, some from drinking a lot in my early 20's, some just genetics. The only thing that is helping me is watching my sugar and alcohol intake and moderating my carb intake. When I stop doing that, bam! Bloat city.
  • RobynMWilson
    Options
    First off, you're a woman, so you're going to naturally have a little poof down there lol.

There are no easy tricks, obviously, but like others have said try to reduce sugars if you can. I have found the belly really is the last thing to go, even with incorporating ab workouts a good amount.

Just keep at it and be sensible!

I'm a woman and no poof here. And I'm not naturally thin either...my high weight was 192...
  • RobynMWilson
    Options

this. My belly is a problem for me. Some of it is from bloating, some from drinking a lot in my early 20's, some just genetics. The only thing that is helping me is watching my sugar and alcohol intake and moderating my carb intake. When I stop doing that, bam! Bloat city.

^^^I drank like a fish in my 20s. I drank most men under the table. So much so I'm a recovered alcoholic with 12 yrs sober. Past drinking doesn't create bloating unless you have cirrhosis or hepatitis...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Crunches also can help. They're not fun to do, but they tighten the abdominal muscles.

on the floor crunches could honestly be one of the worst exercises ever. if you really want to target your abs with a crunch, try them on a swiss ball http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVBddP5oW8Y

however, spot training abs is something unnecessary for most people. abs can be targeted by doing heavy compound lifts such as dead lifts, squats, lunges, push ups, and pull ups.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ok. :) thanks for all the tips.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    try watching your carbs? cut out all the white carbs and replace with smaller portions of whole grain and see what happens
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

^^^I drank like a fish in my 20s. I drank most men under the table. So much so I'm a recovered alcoholic with 12 yrs sober. Past drinking doesn't create bloating unless you have cirrhosis or hepatitis...

I can't do anything about my alcohol intake... I'll have to find another way.. lol
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I know you can't "target" certain areas, but

And that was the end of the post
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

I can't do anything about my alcohol intake... I'll have to find another way.. lol

Lol. I'd drink to that. JK. Personally, I'd give up bread before alcohol.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    It's not 80% diet and 20% exercise....

It's 100% gym and diet. Period.

You have to burn fat in order to lose the belly fat. I started with Insanity (intense cardio) and now I'm doing resistance training (P90x) PLUS my cardio-core elliptical. My stomach has decreased quite a bit.

Read this to understand the dynamics of belly fat and what Dr. Oz suggests (not a long article):

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/get-rid-belly-fat
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Lol. I'd drink to that. JK. Personally, I'd give up bread before alcohol.

That's a no-brainer. Bread shmread.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I can tell you comes from personal experience. Watch your sugar intake. This includes natural sugar. I find when I do not go over (or when I come in under :-) my alotted sugar for the day my stomach is much flatter. Also, make sure you are getting enough water and fiber some of that "fat" could be bloating...which sugar can also make worse. Hope this helps.

That is perhaps the strangest observation I have seen yet. If you stay under the MFP recommendation for sugar then your stomach is flatter?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Increasing your lean muscle mass through strength training/ lifting weights and lot's of protein! It helped me knock off a few pounds...I was fortunate that it came from my belly:)
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    lose more weight. you can't pick and choose where the fat comes off

Isn't that the truth. My boobs are always first.....