How do you squeeze in time to exercise?

Options

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I"m in the same rut - 4 kids and I would love to get up early and walk however it's still dark outside at 6:45 am. When I get home from an 8 hr job, pick kids up cook supper, get homework done and baths and kids to bed - there is just no time to workout. Yes I get a lunch break that is taken at my desk as I am a receptionist for a small company that I do not get to go walk at lunch. Guess I will try to figure out how to get this exercise in because I know it would help in losing weight. Where there's a WILL there's a WAY....somewhere.

Flashlight
    Reflective vest

There ya go!
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    STOP THE GLORIFICATION OF BUSY!!!!
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to carve out enough time to really exercise. How do you all do it?

BTW, not much I can give up at the moment to accommodate for exercise. I am tapped out.

Honestly I don't find time to squeeze it in. I rearrange my schedule and I MAKE the time. Do you watch TV? If so, cut out that 30-60 minutes and get your workout done. If you don't make time for it, you'll never have time for it. Plain and simple.

I changed my schedule around and wake up at 4:30am every morning (some nights not in bed until 11pm) so I can make sure I get my workout in first thing in the morning. Best way to start the day off.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i dont get these posts if people are to busy to excersize how do u enjoy life....if im ever to busy i cant take 30 min to sit down close the door and take a doo doo and leaf thru a cabelas master catalog then im chosing a different life path.
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was busy... then my dad told me I had exactly enough time... time for what I asked... time for what I think is important... now what I think is important now might not be what I thought was important yesterday... so it changes over time... but he was right.... I have exactly enough time... and not a minute more...

PS :: I work out at the gym during lunch... before that I walked during lunch... weekends are harder... not do to lack of time but more so motivation... it's harder to get my butt moving when I don't have a set schedule...
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Just gotta do it. I work full time, go to school full time, have a full time family, attempting a social life, and I try to be involved in church- find a 24 hour fitness center, buy a video and workout at home, make hikes/walks/runs a normal daily activity.. do it.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    24 hours in the day and 2 of them are dedicated to the gym... it may be hard to get started but once you get use to it things work out. stop making excuses for yourself and get it done
  • DontWeightStartNow
    DontWeightStartNow Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I never knew this until my sister pointed it out to me one day: EXERCISE IS CUMULATIVE!!! YAY!! 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there - if you put in little chunks of time throughout your day, at the end of the day you may find that you have a total of 40 minutes under your belt. Think small at first. "I'm just going to get in 15 minutes on the treadmill at lunch" or "after dinner a 20 minute walk with the dog" all of a sudden you've accumulated 35 totally aerobic minutes in your day!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 4:30am
    Same here!

motivational-gym-poster.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    didnt read responses. dont need to.
    make time. that is all.

also, hezzie, your avatar gives me vertigo.
  • CryBabyMommy
    Options
    Super early in the AM before anyone else is awake and I have time to talk myself out of it.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    20-30 minutes a day? If you can't find that somewhere then you're managing your time poorly and have overburdened yourself.
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who I realize is super busy, between her work, kids, school and other things I know it's hard but then every few weeks she always keeps saying that she needs to start something. With me having a different schedule than her, I can easily fit in a good workout 6 days a week...so I find it hard not to just tell her this advice but it's true...if you really want things to change you'll make time...maybe it means getting up 30 earlier or making the kids go outside with you or taking a class and having more things in the evenings but things will never change if you don't make the time for YOU!
  • KYBETH
    KYBETH Posts: 52
    Options
    my alarm at 5:15 am and I am usually up to 11:30 or midnight three or four nights studying.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    If you want to exercise, you'll find time to do it. Wake up earlier is probably the easiest.. go to sleep later.. do it right after work/school when you get home.. on your lunch break.. break it up into 10 minute exercises here and there throughout the day.. do you watch tv? if so, there's your workout time ;)
  • KYBETH
    KYBETH Posts: 52
    Options
    my alarm at 5:15 am and I am usually up to 11:30 or midnight three or four nights studying.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I go on my lunch break for 45 minutes and then after work for another 45. If I couldn't go on those times I'd wake up earlier in the morning to go. Allocating the time comes down to individual discipline. You can make time.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    You make time for what is important in your life. The other day I had to shuttle my kids from here to there and we didn't have time for me to get to the gym or run during daylight hours (I won't run at dark in my neighborhood). I figured I'd take a day of rest. Then I kicked my own *kitten*. While the pasta was boiling I got on the ground and did 50 crunches and 10 pushups....started something else in the oven, did one more rep. I ended up doing 250 crunches and 200 pushups before dinner was done. Added bonus, my daughter saw what I was doing and dropped down with me. I put the kids to bed, sat down to watch tv and decided to do flutter kicks and planks while I watched...why not? I was still able to watch, but got a little bit of a workout in while I was at it. And it's better than nothing. I had a very nice day off of work yesterday (while the kids were at school), but instead of going to get my nails done or shopping, I decided to take a 10 mile run because it's nearly impossible to take a long run when the kids are home.

So....long ramble, but if you want it bad enough, you'll find a way to do it.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I want to work out so I make the time...my alarm goes off at 4:20am and I'm out the door and at the gym by 5am, work out and am at work between 7 and 7:15am. I also sometimes will make time after work and do another 30-45 minutes
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I make time, get up earlier, go to bed later. I don't find the time, I make it.

I love this saying! I am the same...everyone's busy. That's just the way society is these days. Listen, if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to make it happen. If not, you'll find an excuse.

The other thing to do...keep coming on here. There is LOTS of motivation and support here. Get at it! :happy: