How long before marriage proposal?

Options

Replies

• dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    It took 6 years before we got engaged. :happy: Sounds long, but we were both really young when we first started dating and we were mainly just trying to save up money so we could have a nice wedding and honeymoon. We already knew we were going to get married eventually, so it wasn't a rush. We just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last month.
  • GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    1 year 2007-2008
    (not married yet, want to finish college)
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    A year and 10 months. But we knew as soon as we met we were gonna marry each other, but he wanted to not only ask for my hand to my parents, which he did a full year before even getting a ring, he wanted to propose in front of all my family--and since we live 1200 miles away from them, it took a while! :laugh: But he proposed Thanksgiving of last year because when else is all the family together at one place without seeming suspicious? lol
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It was about 2.5 years.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    We were together for 4 years before I proposed.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Six weeks. We've been married for over 25 years.
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    A year and a half here, but he told me at 6 months that he was going to marry me one day.
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My husband proposed on the one year anniversary of our first date, at the same place we had our first date. :)
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Five months for first husband. I was widowed less than a year later. Three and a half-years for second husband and we've been married almost 33 years.

Now one of my sons started dating his sweetheart in high school and took 10 years before proposing. They were married last summer.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    We got engaged after aboutttttt 3 years? Four? I don't honestly remember. I know we both knew we would. And had gone ring shopping a year or so before that...
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    He never proposed!
    We will have been married 30 years in Feb
    But he never proposed!
    A ski trip was planned for Tahoe and when we got there, I said what the hell we may as well get
    married and call this our honey moon!
    So we did
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    dont do it...
    marriage is the debil

please rethink it..

never

say no to marriage....

useless contract....
    say no....
    please dont do it.....

get help first....
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    His first proposal was on our offical 1st date (I was 16). His second was 2 years later at my high school graduation. We've been married for 13 years.
  • thejesspress
    thejesspress Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Two years-- then we were engaged for two years before we got married!
  • AlissaFL
    AlissaFL Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My husband proposed after one month, but I didn't accept. I proposed to him after one year and two months, and we got married that same day..3 kids and 16.5 years later, we are more in love now than ever. Good luck to you!
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My wife officially proposed after 5 months of dating. The conversation about who would propose came up about 3 weeks before that. But we were living together after a week from the day we met, married after 14 months of meating, and married now for 1.5 years.
  • djs0208
    Options
    Been married 17 years and never really had a proposal!! lol Don't rush - if it's meant to be, it will happen!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Never had one (which was a relief)

i'm good the way I am.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Proposed after 2yrs of dating. 1yr to plan the wedding. Married 19 yrs & counting.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    We were together about 4.5-5 years before I got a "proposal" and I didn't even get a proposal...we were spending a day running around shops just looking at jewelry and other stuff to pass time and on the car ride between shops he said "well, just make sure you pick one you want to be stuck with forever".

yup..ever the romantic...that's my husband...