Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pizza = win
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Pita pizza once a week and no one has gained from it so, it's all good. I love my pizza. Portion control is all it takes. So :drinker: to the pizza.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Once every couple of weeks we have homemade pizza. Just finished mine a few minutes ago...YUM! :happy: :drinker:
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    We use Flatout wraps and they make great pizza. Just bake them for 5 minutes first then add your toppings and cheese and bake again for another 5-7 minutes. Pure joy!
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    Pizza night (Friday night) is a tradition in my family. It's all about the calories! I just get to eat less of other stuff that day usually since pizza is somewhat high in calories. Thin crust (and no longer ordering alfredo sauce .. booo...) helps keep calories down. A cheese thin crust large slice at Papa Johns is 230 calories. 2 slices is 460. Pretty typical calories for a meal. And yes I've still lost weight while continuing to do this for months
  • saratf
    saratf Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We use Flatout wraps and they make great pizza. Just bake them for 5 minutes first then add your toppings and cheese and bake again for another 5-7 minutes. Pure joy!

One of my favorite lunches! I use lots of veggies and not too much cheese.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Wholeweat pizza homemade?

Looks awesome whats on there??!

Chicken, prosciutto, sage and smoked mozzarella
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have diabetes and, after being miserable for a few months depriving myself of all the food I love, I realized I can eat ANYTHING if I plan for it and watch my portions. It works the same for weight loss.
  • siralex0014
    Options
    That looks great!!!
  • siralex0014
    Options

Well if it's whole wheat then no, as that should prob never ever be eaten.

I made a pizza last night, chicken saltimbocca pizza

20121008_182147.jpg

I love the look of that pizza!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    any type! s**t's delicious!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

Well if it's whole wheat then no, as that should prob never ever be eaten.

I made a pizza last night, chicken saltimbocca pizza

20121008_182147.jpg

I love the look of that pizza!

bumping because I will have to try this pizza sometime...YUM!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza about once a week. Thin crust ceese with extra cheese.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options

Why do people think they cant eat? Im talkin real fried chicken, biscuits, mash potatos and mac & cheese?

PORTION CONTROL PEOPLE...

you are not always going to be somewhere, all the time, where your food choices are going to be perfect.

You are not always going to have money to go to the gym... to buy organic...

You need to learn how to manage you life, with no money, and no special equipment.. at the deepest darkest times in your life.. when everything is horrible.. when you are faced with death, depression and failures..

because when the going gets tough.. PEOPLE FAIL. PEOPLE STOP. PEOPLE GIVE UP.

When you learn to succeed when you are at your lowest, then you simply cannot go any lower.

Learn how to manage your daily lives as if all you can afford is a bushel of potatos, a bag of apples and the shoes on your feet. Thats how I live, and how i lose. It can be done. Im living proof.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Why do people think they cant eat? Im talkin real fried chicken, biscuits, mash potatos and mac & cheese?

PORTION CONTROL PEOPLE...

you are not always going to be somewhere, all the time, where your food choices are going to be perfect.

You are not always going to have money to go to the gym... to buy organic...

You need to learn how to manage you life, with no money, and no special equipment.. at the deepest darkest times in your life.. when everything is horrible.. when you are faced with death, depression and failures..

because when the going gets tough.. PEOPLE FAIL. PEOPLE STOP. PEOPLE GIVE UP.

When you learn to succeed when you are at your lowest, then you simply cannot go any lower.

Learn how to manage your daily lives as if all you can afford is a bushel of potatos, a bag of apples and the shoes on your feet. Thats how I live, and how i lose. It can be done. Im living proof.
    If all you can eat is a bushel of potatoes & bag of apples, why would you be ordering pizza or fried chicken...?
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I believe that maintaining the foods you enjoy (moderated) is necessary to make a lifestyle change over a simple diet. I don't even go so far as to make a healthy pizza. I work the local pizza joint pie into my daily calorie goals and enjoy.

Good luck.

This. My local chain has a nutrition calculator on its website. I plugged in the type of pizza and realized I had been over eating my favorite pizza by a LOT in the past. So, I just had a few slices and put the rest in the fridge. The slices I ate are accounted for, and I also exercised today. I'm still in the "green" :-)

I get a thin crust pizza, light on the cheese with Grilled Chicken and Green Peppers.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Once in a while? More like a few times a week for me! I :heart: me some pizza, so I found a way to make it for about 350-ish calories! I use Flat-Outs as the crust (90 calories), low sodium pizza sauce, a variety of cheeses and Quorn (vegetarian mock meat) product.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    What?? If I'm going to splurge and have pizza, it's going to be the real thing. ;P Now I may make a homemade pita/flatbread pizza, but that doesn't count as a cheat or splurge. Every once in a while, it's fine to have a little of the real stuff. As long as it doesn't form into a habit.
  • bamakmd
    bamakmd Posts: 34
    Options
    If I'm craving pizza, I always keep bell peppers (red and Green), spinach, and mushrooms on hand along with 100% whole grain wheat tortillas that are used for wraps. I use a little pizza sauce and load on the veggies. It's a quick fix for craving a pizza and it's pretty much a personal size.

I don't believe in getting rid of everything good. Just learn to moderate. If you're used to having cookies and cake, try making pudding or jell-o instead with a teaspoon of cool whip.

Don't make yourself suffer.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Make that every Friday night and eat regular pizza every Wednesday. No big deal.