What Is the most you've gained after a cheat day?

Options

Replies

• Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    3 lbs And it was just the other day or so... And in 3 weeks I put 8 lbs back on... got 3 lbs off and working hard on the rest..
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    On average it was 3-4. Gained 6lbs one time, so proud.
  • jlau13
    jlau13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Around a pound!! Sucks! Add me (anyone!!!!) if you need support!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    1 would never eat 3500kcal of extra food. that will set u back a week. i usually would do 500 i can imagine 1000. never 3500.

fooddiary942012.jpg

Made me feel gross for two days, but didn't set me back at all- def not a week. Just got back on the horse the next day and carried on.
  • kareinlib
    Options
    and thiiis is why I weigh myself at the very very most once a week, usually once every other week. I don't weigh myself after cheat days and if you just weighed yourself at the end of the week, you probably wouldn't feel so bad about it! Don't weigh yourself so much and by the end of the week you won't even notice that the cheat day happened :)
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I had my first cheat day today. I feel bloated and ill. I was around 2100, with normal being 1100-1200. Never again ... I don't weight myself until next Sunday, so I'll have to work it all off before then!
  • Cristofori44
    Options
    I just had a huge cheat on Sunday and weighed myself Monday.

Didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe a half pound, or nothing at all.

I will add, however, that a previous cheat (4,000 cals total) entailed about 1,000 calories of bourbon chased down with a chocolate-frosted doughnut. Not only did my sweat smell like Maker's Mark the next day, but my stomach seized during situps.

Kids, do not try this at home:
    chris_cheat.jpg
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    7 pounds. But was after pretty much fasting for 4 days because of a medication which makes it really hard to eat! The fist day after I stopped taking it I ate 3,000 calories I went from 113ish to 120ish I'd lost a few pounds overnight then I lost like 4.5 after a 2.5 hour work out (spin, run and lift) so no lasting damage but holy hell was i bloated!
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    And how long did it take to lose it?
    Had my first cheat day this week, 3 days later I still weigh a little over 5 pounds more than I did before my cheat day.
    I know, I know. .....it should come off plus some by the end of the week. I'm accepting that on faith at this point. Lol
    Been right back on track, nothing but water, keeping right on or just under my calories and working out.
    And waiting. ...lol

Wow, you ate over 5 lbs extra of food, not including the water weight in said food?
    Please read the entire thread......I am not concerned. I know the weight will come off . I know my body is retaining extra water. I know how many calories it takes to gain 5 pounds....
    worrying about the weight coming off isn't the point of this thread. As I have said several times (if you had read the entire thread you would know this) I am new to this and just curious how much others have seen their weight shoot up and how long it took it to drop. This a very interesting physiological event to me! Its like a magic trick!
    Getting some good stories here too!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I've had TEMPORARY gains- from sodium bloat, extra food in my digestive tract, and water stored with extra glycogen (carb loading) but never gained any actual weight from a single day. And on my birthday, I at 5300 calories (3500 over) of cake and fried food. It's really hard to gain weight from one day. This process is about a long term trend of deficit. Instantaneous spikes don't matter in the big picture if you don't do it often, except for giving you a nice leptin boost.

Agreed!!!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Ugh.. 8 lbs once. That was awful. It was me and my Honey's anniversary and the best cheat day ever :smooched:

But like everyone else mentioned it went away in the next few days after I drank a ton of water and ate my snazzy veggies.

edit: I just want to point out that what makes cheat days AWESOME is by jumping your calories like that you typically can avoid plateaus and long stretches of no weight loss! Love it. Something to do with staggered calories.
  • jojo4cats
    jojo4cats Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I do cheat weekend, not just a cheat day and I usually end up weigh around 2 pounds more on Monday and will be back to normal by Wednesday. However, I don't go too crazy on my cheat weekends, I mean, not every cheat weekend, every now and then is ok.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Don't do cheat days, but there was that one time when cheese fondue attacked me and forced me to eat it and I was up 5lbs that weekend and took 2 weeks to work it back off and get back to where I had been. Ahh such a delicious beat down :) I won't soon forget it :love: (Sodium and I have serious conflict issues. It loves me, and I do not love it.)
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I just had a huge cheat on Sunday and weighed myself Monday.

Didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe a half pound, or nothing at all.

I will add, however, that a previous cheat (4,000 cals total) entailed about 1,000 calories of bourbon chased down with a chocolate-frosted doughnut. Not only did my sweat smell like Maker's Mark the next day, but my stomach seized during situps.

Kids, do not try this at home:

omfg, talk about a great supper. You should totally have shared with me :sad:
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It is very hard to get control again when you over eat like you did!
    5 pounds has been the most for me and it takes a week and a half to get it "out"
    Just do not give up!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Why have a cheat day?? It is such a wast of all the hard work you put in! I can see having something you really want once in a while....but a cheat day will erase all your hard work over a week. It's just a bad idea!

Good luck with it!
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1 would never eat 3500kcal of extra food. that will set u back a week. i usually would do 500 i can imagine 1000. never 3500.

fooddiary942012.jpg

Made me feel gross for two days, but didn't set me back at all- def not a week. Just got back on the horse the next day and carried on.
    I just gotta say that YOU ROCK for being so transparent in this posting! DUDE! This would terrify me (worse than the wolfman) to post! LOL
    I ate some Newton cookies (like fig newton thins) yesterday afternoon with reduced fat peanut butter on them and I felt so blleehhh for over-doing it, that I skipped dinner! lol (I am in that last little homestretch (only 4# to go to my goal!)) I am concerned that these "splurges" will land me at 5-10- or worse, back at the 80# - heavier - that I was to begin with!!! ACK!

Thank you again for sharing and being so candid! Today I will burn my booty off with cardio, and give myself a little more grace and forgiveness for the indiscretion of the skippy peanut butter incident of 2012. lol

God Bless!
    Kimi
  • cedarghost
    Options
    Don't do cheat days, but there was that one time when cheese fondue attacked me and forced me to eat it and I was up 5lbs that weekend and took 2 weeks to work it back off and get back to where I had been. Ahh such a delicious beat down :) I won't soon forget it :love: (Sodium and I have serious conflict issues. It loves me, and I do not love it.)
    Hehe! :)
  • cedarghost
    Options
    So Wednesday is my magic day this first time. Weighed less than my pre cheat day weight and still 2 workout days to go before my regular weigh in on Saturday.
    I think instead of ’’cheat day", I'm going to call it my "dirty day", because that's pretty much what it was. I ate things I normally wouldn't BUT I didn't go over my TDEE. I went about a thousand over my normal daily goal. And the Earth is still spinning.....
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :sad: 2 lbs

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group