How long before marriage proposal?

Options

Replies

• Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    He proposed 3 months after we met, we were married 6 months later, and have been married 3 wonderful years :)

Lots of folks told us we were rushing and couldn't be happy together for long...except my parents and his grand father :) - my folks were married 9 months after meeting as well :D
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've been with my boyfriend just over 2 years, and still nothing... :frown: lol
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    He proposed when we've been together for 1.5 years.

This
  • Assassins_Angel24
    Options
    Mine proposed 4 years after we met and have been together for almost 8 years, Though we haven;'t set a date yet as we wanted to live together first due to him living in the Netherlands and me orginally from the UK and the financial issue as we are probably paying for it ourselves due to my parents not been well off. But I'm not in a rush we are in love and already act married, it would just make it official and legal. :):heart:
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    He proposed one our one year anniversary... got married 2 years later.... been married 6 years--together 9.

And he stuck around when I was "fat" too.. lol. Soooo it must be love ;-)
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    DH proposed after about a year or so.
  • Bigsur2
    Bigsur2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Took me and my wife 12 years before committing to marriage......and we're still not sure :laugh:
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    You're only 24, don't be in any rush, there's a lot of world to see before you get married!!!

I hate when people say that! You can see then world when you're married too!

TRUUUUUUUUU!!!!! Who wants to see the world alone!?
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I waited 8yrs
  • tinz75
    tinz75 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    When it feels right for you.

My first marriage was after 12 years, and we had 6 years together married.

My second time around, we've been together 7 years and I proposed last spring.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Once you find out that she has everything that you want, go for it. Marriage is not work if you are truly compatible. And if it feels like work before you get married, just walk away.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It depends on the couple. What works for some may not necessarily work for others. My husband asked me about 2 years after we'd started dating. We had been living together since 3 months after we met, though. :) (Some would say that's crazy - and they did!, but it was what worked for US.)
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    First time hubby asked was 2 weeks after we started dating. I said yes the third time, 2 or 3 months after we started dating. We were married 4 months later. No, I wasn't pregnant. It's just how we roll.
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We talked about marriage pretty much immediately - 2 months in, he gave me a "promise ring" (which I thought was silly, but he said it was a place holder until he bought me something better... and he did). On our 1 year, he proposed for real, and then 7 months later, we got married. January will be 6 years since we got married. :) We were friends for about 6 months before we started dating, if that matters at all.

And that whole "see the world" thing bugs me, too. We chose to get married and start a family first. We didn't have the money for traveling at that point in time anyway. Now, our kids are old enough to stay with grandma for a couple of days, and we're taking our first trip/delayed honeymoon (Punta Cana). I honestly believe we'll appreciate it more now than we would have as a pre-children couple. We obviously loved being together before, but time together, alone, is much more precious now than it was before, because it happens a lot more infrequently.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I been proposed to 3 times:

1st was after dating for 2.5 years. I said yes but never got married
    2nd was after 3 months of dating, I said hell no
    3rd time was after 8 months of dating. I said yes, got married a year later, been married 4 years now.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I too was proposed to 3 times. Only the 3rd person was the one I wanted to marry. We dated for 2 years and then I politely said I wanted to get married, was not prepared to waste my life and he had six months to propose or I would move on. At the very end of that six months, he did! 25 years later we are still together. Hurrah!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    You're only 24, don't be in any rush, there's a lot of world to see before you get married!!!

I hate when people say that! You can see then world when you're married too!

Exactly! People always tell me that, and it annoys me so much! I'm happy being married and seeing the world with my husband.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Hubby waited 9 months. Although we knew we were getting married before then, that's just when we made it official.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My ex husband only asked me because I was knocked up with his baby, and we had a lot of family pressure to get married. I had just turned 20, and he was 25. We had been dating for the 3 years prior. Bad bad bad bad bad idea.

My husband asked me a little over a year after we had been dating. It seems fast to alot of people, but we were grown adults. Before he asked me I would have been content just living together and never remarrying anyone. My first marriage left me with little desire to do it again. However, I don't for a second regret our decision to get married. It's different when you're relationship is based upon desire vs nessecity.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As of today my bf and I have been together 2.5 years. No ring yet, but it's coming in the next few months. We've already talked about it, now it just needs to become official.