Just bought first bottle of sriracha

Options
13»

Replies

• meganb_17
    meganb_17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just bought first bottle of sriracha

Oh! Is that what it's called?? My husband always called it 'male chicken' sauce (insert the other, censored, term into that statement). How funny!

Ha! I told my mom I had bought some c*** sauce and she was like, MEGAN ELIZABETH what in the world is that?! Hahahaha
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I put it on everything! I absolutely love it, and my 19 month old now asks for it on everything. I've created a monster!
  • meganb_17
    Options
    Tuna, little mayo (or substitute of your choice), onion, cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice, and Sriracha....I was skeptical about how the ingredients would mix (especially the cilantro)....but it is the BEST tuna salad I've ever tasted.

Awesome! I love tuna salad, always up for trying new recipes!
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I kind of just use it a condiment.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!:happy:

squeeze it on everything you like!!
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    My daughter just told me about Sriracha and after reading this thread I am definately trying it! :smile:
  • meganb_17
    Options
    Where are you buyin this at? I'd like to try it.
    I see it at amazon, but wonder if I can get it locally?

I'm pretty sure you can find it in any grocery store. I got mine at Target for like only $2 something. It was by all the soy, teriyaki type sauces and marinades.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    as per Frank's Red Hots, I put that *kitten* on Everything.

so... how is it different from Franks? I use Franks on everything people here have mentioned....
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Eggss Oh my goodness! It is so good!
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    A bartender once told me that they use it in some shots too...literally everything! lol
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    eggs, soup, and anything asian in my opinion. My sister has a love affair with sriracha and dies for it on mac and cheese, chicken, etc. She'll add it to any meal.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I had it on whole wheat couscous last night with chopped grilled turkey burger all mixed together. It was fabulous!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Oh man Sriracha, so many things you can do! I put it on everything! ..literally everything.
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I put it on everything too! Just a little bit adds a depth to the flavor of any dish. I put a little in my split pea soup even! I love it on pizza, pasta, eggs, whatever.
  • meganb_17
    Options
    Just had it on my eggs this morning...SO TASTY
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    your life is now complete.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    as per Frank's Red Hots, I put that *kitten* on Everything.

so... how is it different from Franks? I use Franks on everything people here have mentioned....

Franks is comparable to Tobasco, has vinegar-y taste. Sriracha is garlicky, tomatoey and the burn lasts longer. A lot more fulfilling IMO... My husband prefers Franks.