Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello. Any over 45 yr olds out there?

Replies

• jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    I just turned 48 this year. I am active and always trying to eat healthier and keep up on my exercise. Does anyone else find it harder than it used to be??? I have actually not lost a pound in the almost year that I have been pretty diligent on here. I finally threw the scale away as it was too big of a deterent on my motiviation. I feel better, I have more energy so I do feel like I have accomplished something. I am doing Insanity - it has been on and off as my schedule makes it hard to do every day. I am walking/jogging and trying to up my durance. I am trying to cut more of my processed foods and eat healthy - which I find has been really hard to do when I am cooking for a 35 year old husband who can eat anything and everything! I love friends and support. Especially friends who are close to my age and going through the same battles. I have joined a couple of the "older" or "going through menopause" groups on here but didn't really find them that supportive - maybe we should form our own group. I'm open to suggestions. But feel free to friend me and let's give each other some support as we get better with age!
  • marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Hello, welcome. I'm 47yr.s
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    I am 52 and fairly new as well.

Feel free to add me if you think I can help!
    I use this daily through iPhone app and fully committed.....

Jim
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    47. Feel free to add me.:happy:
  • mcguvs
    mcguvs Posts: 49 Member
    Lean, mean, 57 year old, MFP machine.
  • gerimom17
    gerimom17 Posts: 24 Member
    Hello. I turned 45 in May and I still refuse to believe it! I am a mother to a 22yo, 18 (almost 19)yo, and an 11yo (who turns 12 in December). My husband is on the road driving long haul so I would love to have more friends to help me on my fitness journey.

Geri
  • I'm 45 and will be 46 in early February. I've just started (today!) so I could use some friends. :happy: Feel free to add me if you like.
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    42 and holding forever! lol
  • 54 and enjoying every mile of my MFP journey .........
  • 45 here and new to this site. Add me if you like.
  • I'm 47 and it's not easy. But I'm going for it. I've lost 23 pounds since August. Feel free to add me!:smile:
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    41 and full of fun here!!!!!
  • primalperson1
    primalperson1 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm over 50! Feel free to add me!
  • Aloha! I just had my 41st birthday! Feel free to add me!!! :)
  • Hi! Anyone feel free to add me; 50 years young, and on a MISSION!! :D I try to log everything, use a FitBit, and keep my logs open to anyone who wants to look..... you can't help me if you can't see what I'm doing...... :) Trying to focus less on the scale, and more on how I feel, how my clothes fit, and how I look..... I eat between my BMR and TDEE, and have started weight lifting..... :D
  • 46 just joined today
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    47 here, welcome to add me :drinker:
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    46 YEARS OLD FEEL FREE TO ADD ME
  • ladyslmn
    ladyslmn Posts: 11 Member
    52 over here in 29 days. lol Feel free to request.
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    51 here, and loving it !
    Haven't felt this good since my twenties, the weight loss (and other things) have turned me into a new man.

You can add me as a friend , and so can anyone else.
    One can never have too many friends.

Tim