300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• chickie11
    chickie11 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Way to go!! I did a 5K over the summer in July...I was 291...I used to be 400+ so yes it felt really good to do something rather than lay on the couch and watch the runners on tv!
    I cried too..it hit home at how far I have come and gave me the strength to keep going...
    Great blog and thanks for sharing!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    YOUR AMAZING!
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Awesome job!! You are on your way to a healthier life. What an inspiratation.
  • Anamdalta
    Options
    internet-high-five-place-hand-here-480x444.jpg

That is AWESOME!!!

This. You are fantastic, truly!!
  • BigMan_D
    BigMan_D Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You are such an inspiration and your post really touched me. I can't wait until I can run and experience that wonderful feeling of accomplishment you describe.
  • Tanimom
    Tanimom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Fabulous and inspiring!! Both yours and the other comments from other good sized gals who haven't allowed size to dissuade then from running. I'm so encouraged. No more excuses!!
  • claudyteare
    Options
    Oh i absolutely love your story... You are so cool, I am struggling with walking but after hearing your story, everything is possible and i cant wait to put some spring into my step, well done!!!!
  • gypsythis
    Options
    Rock on girl! Yeah US! Being healthy is the best decision ever!
  • karabff
    karabff Posts: 98
    Options
    You rock girl..thanks for sharing my girlfriend an I are doing our 1st 5k in 3 weeks...you inspire me that I can do it
  • Davisc28
    Davisc28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You have inspired me to see how far I can run! Way to go lady!:flowerforyou:
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. i have done the Ck25 but never completed it because of fear.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Wow so inspiring! I just started training, I'm hoping to do a 5km next summer.
  • BelieveInMe27
    BelieveInMe27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring! Great job!!!
  • DixieStarr76
    Options
    Woooofreakinhoo!!! :smile:
    You rock that running thing, girl!! Way to move it, move it!!
  • ShaleHera
    ShaleHera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    super brilliant and inspiring! well done :D
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    A huge kudos to you. I admire you so much. I am under 200 lbs and I can't even run for 5 minutes. I get scared that I might hurt my knees. I had started accepting that probably it is beyond my reach. You are such an inspiration to many of us and give us hope. I will try again. I will be happy if I can run 1 mile without stopping one day. Congratulations.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Kudos :):):)
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration! my first 5K is next month.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    wow
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    internet-high-five-place-hand-here-480x444.jpg

That is AWESOME!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!