belly belly go away!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jujubeez330
    Options
    I just ate a low cal pudding cup and still have like, 350 calories left for the day!

I *heart* pudding :heart:

Off to bed :yawn:
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know Jujubeez..... love the pudding cups! but just 1!!! LOL
    Sorry Dogmeat... but your name is funny when inserted into sentences... Funny in a good way. Thanks for all the information from you and cmriverside. I always felt like i was doing something wrong and I am glad to know I didn't. I love to eat almonds, so i might pop some almonds, yogurt, or when i feel like i can indulge a pudding.

True or False- Someone told me that green olives help fight belly fat. Is this true? I usually have about 3-5 a day. I don't know if it fighting belly fat but they taste good! :love:

Sandy
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    My bad, dogmeat. I bow to the dog. Both points are well taken. . . . . . and. . . . . .

...but then again, I recommend nuts all the time and in every second post no matter what the topic is. Having problems filling up your calorie goals? Eat nuts. Don't get enough good fats? Eat nuts. Having steering problems with your Corolla? Eat nuts. And then take it back to the dealership for repair.
    thlmao-1.gif

your Corolla! Do they still make those?:noway:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Well, even this statement is somewhat confusing " Don't eat or drink anything high in carbohydrates 1 hour before exercise "

Because if it's weight training exercise then you want some carbs pre or even intra workout!

edit: I'd like to know how many carbs they consider high????

I agree.

Everybody has an opinion, most of them don't fit every situation. I find a lot of "errors" in most health articles. That's why the more educated we can become about our individual situations (for instance, I only do weights once a week)...the better off we are.

There are many different considerations even when it comes to "before bed eating". For instance, saving 800 calories for 9:30 at night so one can have a bag of trail mix is not a good idea. Trail mix in itself is good. In moderation. Eating before bed is fine; if you've eaten every few hours throughout the day and made good choices in your foods.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I know Jujubeez..... love the pudding cups! but just 1!!! LOL
    Sorry Dogmeat... but your name is funny when inserted into sentences... Funny in a good way. Thanks for all the information from you and cmriverside. I always felt like i was doing something wrong and I am glad to know I didn't. I love to eat almonds, so i might pop some almonds, yogurt, or when i feel like i can indulge a pudding.

True or False- Someone told me that green olives help fight belly fat. Is this true? I usually have about 3-5 a day. I don't know if it fighting belly fat but they taste good! :love:

Sandy

Apparently the cure for belly fat is eat more nuts, Sandy. That's my take-away point for today. :laugh:

The cure for belly fat is Cardio, and eating healthy foods. Olives won't help and won't hurt. You will lose weight in the opposite order you put it on. If belly fat is your problem area, and where your weight tends to accumulate, then you will lose that last. There is no way to spot reduce belly fat or see the nicely toned abs before you lose the fat layer over them. Keep doing core exercises though, those abs will pop through eventually once the fat layer is gone!
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    yes, i think it is all about the nuts! FOGL!!!! I did not know that about order of losing. So my butt is going last... DARN! I was kind hoping it would be the first... LOL I truly have learned so much on MFP about how and what to eat. I also was glad to learn i could eat and lose. When i upped those cals the lbs started to go. I went over to the sugar is not your friend site. It was very interesting. i think i will bump it so i can find it again.

Sandy
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Tips for Fat Loss - Not just Weight Loss

1) Keep blood sugar balanced
    1) Eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking up - mostly protein
    2) Have Mid-morning snack > Lunch > Mid afternoon snack > Dinner
    3) NO Eating after dinner - at least 3 hours before bed. Even if you get hungry before bed,
    don't eat. You will enjoy eight hours of solid fat burning. When in a "fasting" mode at
    night, the body will access stored fat for energy. That's why its important to wake up
    and eat breakfast.

2) Drink 2 liters or more of water a day.
    Water is the catalyst to flushing fat out and keeping the body
    healthy. It helps you feel full during the day. Thirst is often mistaken for
    hunger.

3) Don't Eat at the wrong times.
    Don't eat or drink anything high in carbohydrates 1 hour before exercise
    or 3 hrs before bed. During these two times of needed "energy", you want
    your body to burn fat not carbohydrates. The wrong food at the wrong time
    is a secret enemy of exercise. If you exercise regularly and don't achieve
    fat loss, its probably because your insulin levels were too high while working
    out which means your body was not attacking fat stores, but instead burning
    readily available carbohydrates. Limiting carbs (esp at bedtime & exercise)
    turns your body into a fat burning machine. Snacks should be healthy and small

4) Eat Enough Protein
    If you don't get enough protein, your body goes into a "starvation mode"
    which lowers your basic metabolic rate. People who east mostly carbs
    typically have high body fat, especially around the mid section.

5) Consume at least 1,200 calories A Day but not more than 1,500.
    Less than 1,200 - the body will again go into a "starvation mode" which will reset
    the metabolism at a lower rate making fat loss difficult.

Worst Food Additives That Interfere With Weight Management

Artificial Sweeteners (esp. Nutra Sweet)
    Has been proven to affect behavior of children (esp. ages 4-14). Causes migraine headaches, numbness, moodswings,
    linked with brain tumors and cancer, lowers acidity of urine making the urinary tract more susceptible to infection.
    All diet products, esp sodas, that contain nutra sweet will increase body fat even though they contain no calories because
    the chemicals interfere with the body's ability to metabolize carbohydrates naturally.

Margarine/Hydrogenated Oil
    When vegetable fats are heated to make margarine (hydrogenation) they become "trans-fatty acids" which have significant
    cancer-causing potential. Use tub butter (all natural), cold or expeller pressed oils (olive, walnut, sunflower, safflower, etc) Avoid
    cottonseed oils. Refrigerate all oils, they become rancid if left at room temperature. Avoid fast food - excess of fat, sugar, salt.
    Avoid foods with more than 2 grams of saturated fat per serving. Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3's) from cold-water fish oil and cold-pressed
    vegetable oils (small amounts) are essential for weight managment.

White Flour/White Sugar
    Bleached, enriched flours have been stripped of nutrients. "The whiter the bread, the quicker you're dead" Switch to whole grain, unbleached, unbrominated, unenriched. Replace white refined sugar with natural sweeteners like honey, fructose, maple syrup, etc. The fiber in whole grains bind with toxins in the body for removal. Also, fiber bulks up in the intestines to clean out the digestive tract which creates a feeling of fullness which reduces food intake.

All Non Organic Diary/Meat Products
    Contain hormones, antibiotics, steriods, etc that interfere with the body's natural slimming processes. These chemicals
    are given to livestock to "fatten" them up quickly. The same thing happens to people when they consume these non-organic meat/dairy
    products. The only way to avoid them is to eat organic meats and dairy.

Foods Highest in Chemicals that Interfere with Metabolism: (Any of these foods that are organic are fine.)
    butter - salmon - spinach - strawberries - cream cheese - raisins - apples (unpeeled) - dill cucumber
    pickles - summer squash - green peppers - collards - processed cheese from U.S.

Resources: A consumers Dictionary of Food Additives by Ruth Winter
    How to Be Your Own Nutritionist by Dr. Stuart M. Berger
    Foods as Medicine by Earl Mindell
    The Body Resotration Plan by Dr. Paula Baillie-Hamilton

Trude Muphy trudem@earthlink.net

Just a question... I always thought it was good to eat carbs before exercise? You know how whenever an athlete is training for an event they always eat a lot of carbs? When exercising are you supposed to eat the carbs after then?
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Jerzeebabie,
    Just a question... I always thought it was good to eat carbs before exercise? You know how whenever an athlete is training for an event they always eat a lot of carbs? When exercising are you supposed to eat the carbs after then?

Everybody has an opinion, most of them don't fit every situation. I find a lot of "errors" in most health articles - depending on what they are discussing. That's why the more educated we can become about our individual situations, the better off we are. Apply what you learn to your own individual life.

Eating carbs before an intensive cardio event, like a Marathon (Carb-loading) IS good. what they are saying is that before exercising, one hour before - maybe not so good. I think this may have to do with the "average" person - not athletes.

The "average"exerciser is trying to lose weight i.e. FAT. If you have a lot of carbs recently ingested, my understanding is that your body will use them for fuel instead of burning fat. Do some outside research.