Goal Clothes

Options
1235»

Replies

• EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    YES ! hahaha i have goal clothes i even have clothe im going to buy online! but i really want My jeans, i love love them they were so comfy and i was so sad i grew out of them :(
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i sure do i have 2 bathing suits i bough with birthday money i want to get into for spring. i also have a rack of dresses and skirts (about 3 skirts and 3 dresses never worn becasue i cant get into) that i want to be able to get into
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I buy the next size or two down from where I am when I'm cruising charity shops (= Goodwill, I think, in the US). I have an "aspiration pile" ordered by size - the things I'm likely to fit into soon on the top. The pile is on a chair in my bedroom & I work through it every couple of weeks. Today I'm wearing jeans, t shirt & sweater that came from that pile a few days ago :happy: Brilliant!!
  • Imserene
    Options
    I held onto a pair of 80's parachute pants until last year. I gave up because I know I will never be as small as I was in my 20's. I had to face the fact that I'm 49 and even if I reached the goal and they fit I would look like a middle aged woman trying to look like I'm 20 and to me that's worse than never fitting in to the pants again. Remember too, as we age our bodies change, womens' hips get wider, gravity takes it's inevitable course and things just don't fit the way they used to. Have you noticed that sizes are much different than they used to be? The size numbers are the same number but the cuts are actually larger than they were 10 or more years ago. If your hanging on to goal clothes that are over 10-15 years old I suggest you go and try on the same size in a store now you might be pleasantly surprized! Keep up the hard work and whatever works for you to acheive your goal!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've never been one to hang onto clothes that no longer fit (too big or too small). Since I was 15 years old (21 years ago as I am 36 now!!!) I've usually fluctuated between a plus size 20-24 even with a weight difference of 70 lb larger or smaller, I am just ALWAYS in that range.

Currently I'm wearing a lot of 18's for the first time since 2001 although some jean brands I still have to get size 20. I am wearing a 1X shirt for the first time ever (since I was like 13-14 yrs old).

Yesterday I did something I NEVER do and bought a stiff denim dress from a thrift shop in size 16. It does not fit me. It will go on all the way, but I look like a stuffed sausage in it right now. However, I do think I will be able to wear it. My goal is to fit into it next summer at this time. I'm way too frugal and practical to buy things that don't fit, but the dress is really, really nice and it was on sale for one dollar :-)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Goal was size 10, but I'm size 6!

This is one thing I'm "afraid of". Not that I will ever be anywhere near that. But my goal is 14-16 and I don't know how my body may change in time or if I could end up sticking at an 18 or even reaching 10-12. I know sometimes you can skip a size. I went from 3X tops to 1X tops. You just never know.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i used to do this, but didn't find it helpful.
    Using fitness goals is much more motivational for me, and I can control that much more than how quickly my inches or weight changes.