Will you log forever?

Options

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I realized today - as I'm now at 110 days logging - that I may be doing this for the rest of my life.
    I never thought of it...but I truly believe that I've seen the success I have seen thus far BECAUSE I am logging.

Is anyone else thinking this will need to be a lifelong commitment?

I think it will be for me. I'm so afraid that once at my UWG, I stop logging and start putting weight on again. I don't really know yet but I might just log forever, yes (and the weirdest thing is that the thought alone doesn't really bother me!).
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Im hoping to not have to log after a year.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I will be logging for the foreseeable future. I hope to get to the point where I really don't have to. Even then, I will be logging in my head. A smartphone with the MFP app is the best dieting tool I've ever seen. They can only get better with time.
  • chayleah
    chayleah Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have already stopped logging and I am still losing weight. I've actually lost more weight not logging calories, than I did in the 6 months I was logging. (I do still weigh and measure some things just to make sure portion sizes don't get out of control.)

I knew that I would not log forever and I didn't want to fall into the stop counting/put the weight back on trap so I decided to try losing with an "intuitive eating" approach. Counting calories makes me disconnected from my food and body....I would eat because I have calories left over, not because I was hungry or I would eat past fullness because I weighed and measure and already counted the calories for that portion size.

I have lost 7 lbs in 2 months of not logging, so if I can continue then I may never log calories again!
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    If I need to, I will. It's a wonderful tool.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    most definately, It helps keep me accountable...so many times i've lost, quit exercising and eating right, then gain it back...tired of that trip...so yes, this a life long commitment for me..
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i think that one of the main reasons it has helped me so much is that I have become more aware of what I am eating.
    For example, the pasta I used to get and eat ALL of for dinner sometimes was 1200 calories all on its own!

So through MFP I am learning to recognize high calorie meals, learning portion control (Eating half the pasta and saving the rest for the next day), and other skills that will be useful to me in the future and will probably mean that I won't need to log for life.

For now though, I am happy with logging and plan to continue for quite some time!
  • Hellguy76137
    Hellguy76137 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I realized today - as I'm now at 110 days logging - that I may be doing this for the rest of my life.
    I never thought of it...but I truly believe that I've seen the success I have seen thus far BECAUSE I am logging.

Is anyone else thinking this will need to be a lifelong commitment?
    Since January 2011 I have been logging food. First on Weight Watchers, then on my own and now on here. I have been off and on over this time but the truth is that I have been able to maintain my weight without exercise through logging. I plan to continue for life but I am realistic in that I am falter from time to time. I intend to make my food log part of my lifestyle change of healthy eating and exercise.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Forever? No. Next week? Probably not.
  • wymanic
    wymanic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'll log forever a I see it as a positive lifestyle change like increased exercise and better sleep!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Until the power goes out!!
  • stygmah
    stygmah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes. In one form or another. I logged 15 years ago until I lost access to the app and gained every pound lost and more back. I hope they keep the app forever. It's what I need to remain in control.
  • Pollyanna75
    Options
    I hope not!

My goal is to use the logging to get me on track and teach me how to make better/smarter food decisions. But I do not want to be logging for the rest of my life.

Ditto!!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I will or not. I have quite a ways to go, so I will certainly be here for quite a while. Once I get to my goal weight and maintain if for a while, maybe I won't log anymore. But right now I feel pretty addicted, like this is my lifeline. So we shall see.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    No, because the goal is to learn proportions, eventually you should be able to get a good idea of how much and what to eat on a regular basis.

That being said, you eat a lot one day for a special occasion or whatever- go light the next.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am in and out right now with logging. I feel I will always log but if I miss a day here and there that it is ok.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think so! I'm too addicted to stop :)

This
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    yep :drinker:
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    This has been the one and only way to get the weight off and keep it off. Gentle reminders daily of how many calories are in some foods are so helpful. It takes a few seconds to log and I plan on doing it as long as I can :)