That 'Holy Crap' Moment

Options

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't know the feeling of stepping on and seeing 300 pounds, but I do know the feeling of stepping on the scale and being back at square one or worse. It's a sucky moment. At one point, I tried to buy bigger clothes to make myself feel better, but they end up shrinking! So, I'm with you! It's time to get this journey rolling again.
  • viccigb
    viccigb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My moments have also always been in pictures. Somehow I always think I look hot only to find out later, I'm not! LOL
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about that "Holy Crap" moment. They suck! But welcome to MFP! If you would like we could be friends and get thru this together!
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had my holy crap moment when out of the blue, my dad and I started discussing my weight. Although I've been heavy all my life, my family had just gotten used to it. Now it feels like it was the families best kept secret, never discussed. My dad is physically impaired and that day I saw myself in him "if I don't get myself together." This is now a fight for my life and God is with me. He is with us all if we let Him in.
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Mostly, how I felt was my "holy crap" moment. Constantly tired, constantly hungry, generally not feeling the best and having the simplest things leave me winded. A single flight of stairs shouldn't have made my breathing and heart rate pick up the way it did lmao. :(

Another moment was weighing myself on the work scale. We didn't have a scale at my house or the ex-boyfriends place, so I never had a clue what I weighed. But even I could tell without a scale I was gaining weight, so I decided to hop on. I was nearly 180 and it shocked the crap out of me. I decided then and there that I had to do something. No more excuses!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mine was when a friend of mine that is about my same height and weight suddenly lost 15 lbs. Well we had actually been trying to workout /eat healthy for weeks but she had done it and i hadnt. I felt so ashamed that we had been the same for so long and now im the fat one. needless to say i started weight watchers on monday. Im going to weigh in tomorrow to see the progress but i already feel better!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My moment was when I had to lay on the bed to zipper my jeans. The zip cut my finger, but I got it up. Then I stood up, sneezed and broke the zipper. That was my moment.
  • webarr2003
    Options
    HI Jaime. My name is Erica and my moment came when I was begging the doctor to see me, because I was having chest pains. After coming from the doctor, I was told the only thing I had going for me was my age and I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at 28 years old. Since March of this year I have lost a total of 40 pounds, which I'm still amazed with. So welcome and never give up. Also you can add me if you need support on your journey.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    My Holy Crap moment was in ICU with a heart attack in April '11.
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yep, the "holy crap moment" mine was when I weighed almost the same as when I was 9 months prego (my daughter is three now). Ugh, and pictures were the WORST!
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When my BMI hit 49.9%.

YOU are awesome! YOU can do this! You have come to the right place. This place turned my life around.

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dirtystacks
  • yorkiemom0820
    yorkiemom0820 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! YAY FOR YOU! I KNOW YOU MUST BE PROUD!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ginncjb
    ginncjb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep...had my moment today & it was from a picture. :embarassed:
  • itsbakertime
    itsbakertime Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! We're all in this journey together. Everyone has there beginning. I wish you the best of luck on you journey to a healthier, happier you.
  • 23dragon
    Options
    My moment was told I am borderline diabetic, short of breath, clothes tight, just absolutely can't stand to get on the scale/look in the mirror, so several "Moments" I guess.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Seeing pictures from my 30 year high school reunion was my Holy Crap moment. I was embarrassed to be there. I was always thin in high school. I've just joined MFP. Together we can do it!! Please feel free to send a friend request. The more motivation and inspiration the better.
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    For me it was pictures. I hate pictures. :-(

feel free to add me
  • Sharlaew
    Sharlaew Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For years, I blamed the extra weight on having children. Well, my older son is 26 and the younger one is 24. I decided it was time for me to take responsibility. I started walking on a treadmill in June 2012 and I'm still at it. So far I've lost 26 lbs and and I would love to loose another 25. MFP has been wonderful and has made this journey much easier. I think I'm hooked for life!
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I was well over 200lbs...and had no idea...then my sister told me she was 200lbs..and I knew I was bigger than her...and I had a cardiac issue(not weight related) but it left me so weak and tired..and I gained even more...finally I said "I'm done!" I am now a size 6-8 and on a mission to lose the middle fat and be done forever with being over weight.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi Purdue girl - from an IU girl (who has a Purdue niece). I feel your pain - I was amazed to discover i weighed in at 290 although I did manage to drop a few pounds before I started MFP. I am down 33 pounds and 2 pant sizes - from 26 to 22. As you start losing keep your eyes on sale racks - who wants to pay full price for clothes you will outgrow soon!! Keep up the good work!