5'5 gals! Show me your progress!!

Options

Replies

• somedaysoon84
    Options
    5'5'' & 1/2 here!

SW 212
    CW 178
    GW 150 for now. i dont wanna be tiny, but i do wanna be healthy.

my current goal for pictures in 175. BUT.... i'm going on vaca, and dieting is on hold. going to eat maintenance for about 3 weeks, and see what happens.... maintenance for 160.
  • readyforthis19
    Options
    My SW 207.5
    CW 199
    GW 140

I started exactly a week ago and have lost 8.5lbs!
  • m6day
    m6day Posts: 3
    Options
    5'5"
    SW - 185
    CW - 172
    GW - 150

Began MFP May 24, 2012 and loving it!
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm 5'5"! Only started about a week ago though, but I've lost three pounds so far which I'm pleased about.
    SW 224lb
    CW 221lb
    GW 150lb

I have a long way to go!
  • dish23
    dish23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I hit day 365 today... YAY!!! (sorry, I'm a little excited) so one full year. I have managed to lose 48 lbs and keep it off... I don't think that I have lost anything in like the last 3-4 months, but at the same time, I didn't gain any either, so that is a good thing. I shared photos for the first time today, so I figured that I would share them here too. I started around 188 lbs and am now at 140 lbs, give or take 2 (depending on the day). I am very proud of what I have accomplished and I hope to keep it up in the future. Congrats to everyone here on their success so far, and all the best on your success to come :)

BampA3_zps7e2950c1.jpg

BampA_zps3518d678.jpg

BampA2_zps09b01105.jpg
  • forrolouise
    forrolouise Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5" and almost the big 3-0 (Nov 8th is the big day)!

SW: 147
    CW: 133
    GW: 127

I started on September 5, 2012.......I've been eating around 1200 calories a day (still not sure if I should increase or not...researching) and I've been doing Slim in 6 three times a week. Feeling good.....the initial 10lbs came off soooo fast. Slower now, but it's what I expected. Any work outs or suggestions are greatly appreciated!! :) I just ordered Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.....can't wait to get it.
  • Katelynramsay613
    Katelynramsay613 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    just joined this bad boy and hoping to shed some serious pounds!

SW: 155
    CW: 145
    GW: 115-120

Hoping to loose some flab and gain some ab
  • mitzhogue
    mitzhogue Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    anybody on here a big boned 5'5 gal? I'm 5'5 but I don't know if I'd be able to get below 160.... That's my goal for now and then I will reassess once I get to the 160s.... My first goal had been 145-155 but then I up'ed it to 160... what do you ladies think?

I am, and I'm shooting for the same initial goal of 160 even though I have much further to go. The smallest I've been as an adult was when i lost down to 157 from 194 around the age of 22, and I could wear any sz 10's and a few sz 8's. I have a large frame that is fairly muscular, and I'm working out more consistently than in previous weight loss attempts. I'm curious how my body shape will differ this time around. I would love to get down to 130 (or less), but the last time I weighed that I think I was in grade school. So basically, my plan is to reevaluate when I get to 160. Good luck to you! :)

^^^^^what she said. I'm 5'4" and fairly muscular. Anything below 160 and I look like I have been starving myself for months lol. My body is shaping up differently this time around (currently at 201 and in a size 12) so we'll see if the goal weight changes :-)
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    You all look so amazing!!!

BUMP :heart:
  • babyhazelz1
    babyhazelz1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    5'5- Started 31 days ago

SW- 185
    CW- 174
    GW- 135

A long way to go but its working :)
  • mlandrethsf
    mlandrethsf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Stats:
    5'5"--Large Frame
    SW: 258 Size 22/24, Men's 2XL shirts
    CW: 201 Size 16, Women's XL, Men's L
    GW: 164

Pics:

258:
    1114001948.jpg

201:
    0813011634a.jpg

I hope you dont mind me saying, I dont think you have a large frame at all. At least it doesnt photograph that way. Anyway, I just wanted to say Kudos on a great job! Almost 100lbs!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Those massive bangers must have been hard to exercise with too! :P

Massive congrats to everyone and may it continue well
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I dont know how to upload pics on here otherwise I would....I am only about 1/2 way through my transformation but here are my stats:

Height: 5'5"
    START DATE: 5/7/2012
    SW: 230 PANT SIZE: Tight 16 Pushing into an 18
    CW: 194 PANT SIZE: 14...Almost to a 12
    GW: 150-160 or a size 8/10

EDIT: I am pear shaped - hold most of my weight in my hips/thighs/butt

My goal really depends on how I look and feel at that time. I really just want to be healthy, fit and tone but still maintain my curves... :happy:

I love helping motivate others as well as receive motivation back :-)) Feel free to add me!

14119689.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Fwa.jpg

[How do I post an image? I tried BBC and HTML code to no avail.]

The left image wasn't quite at my largest [185 pounds], and the right is at my thinnest, about 140 or so. I gained back a bit last year, I feel as though I became more curvaceous and less teenager-y. Regardless, I want to get down to 135 pounds. :D
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    These were my results from the 30 Day Shred I did in Sept. My starting weight when I signed up in July was 135. Oh, and technically, I'm 5'5.5" :smile:

starting stats:
    SW: 125.8 lbs
    GW: N/A
    waist: 30"
    hips: 35.5"
    arms: both 11"
    thighs: both 20.5"
    chest: 38.5"

current stats:
    CW: 120.4 lbs
    GW: N/A
    waist: 27"
    hips: 34"
    arms: both 10"
    thighs: both 19"
    chest: 34.5"

Loss
    5.4 lbs
    waist: 3"
    Hips: 1.5"
    arms: 1" off both 2" total
    tighs: 1.5" off both 3" total
    chest: 4"
    (Plus 2.5 off my belly, stats which I never posted)
    Total of 16" lost.

Back (close up):
    closeback2.png

Back:
    back2.png

Side:
    side2.png

Front:
    front2.png
  • HZ15
    HZ15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Like most, I knew my weight was an increasing issue (literally) but the kick up the rear I needed to get started came as I started looking to work in the sports industry. Spending time with uber-fit almost super-human rugby players makes being the fat wobbly one even more embarrassing. Then I signed up to do a charity abseil off the roof of Murrayfield Stadium (Scotland's international rugby ground). I ticked the box and hoped, rather than knew, that I was within the weight limit.

That was in February although the abseil itself was not until April. That gave me plenty of time to lose some weight, right? Wrong! Although I cut back a little and walked and cycled a little more often, it was all just a 'little'. The diet proper started two weeks before the abseil and I signed up to MFP the week after that.

Anyway, the numbers:
    SW: 236 (16st 12) - a UK size 18/20 and pushing upwards (@ start of diet proper, prob 240+ at the start of the year)
    CW: 184 (13st 2) - a UK size 14
    TW: 151 (11st 1) - the top of my healthy BMI range (I know BMI is flawed but using this as a guide - will see how I feel when I near/reach there)

And the photos - aka "My Year in Lardy Butted Humiliation" guest staring several professional rugby players

January: 240ish before even the pre-diet
    Mossy2_zps7295c382.jpg

April: 227 two weeks into the diet proper. Taken at the abseil. I'm the fat cow with the chunky calves! Having to climb to the roof of the stadium, including up ladders and ducking under beams, with the head coach and a pro player BEHIND me was beyond humiliating (although, of course, they are far too kind to have ever said a word)
    SeanampTroy_zpse1dbcc8e2_zpse8c31291.jpg

August: 190 and actually weighing less than the players I'm pictured with!! HURRAH!!!
    DentsampTom2_zps3551af71.jpg

Another one from August and not featuring any rugby players (I'm sorry) but without the billowy top so gives a better indication of progress
    Wedding2_zps1c69fe6e.jpg

My marks of progress:
    Well, being around so many rugby players and being mortified at being heavier than so many of them, my weight chart has rugby players and their weights down the side. I started off being as heavy as some of the 'lighter' forwards (forwards being the big beefy ones that take part in the scrum) and some of the heavier backs, the 6ft plus pure muscle running and tackling machine ones.

I was never as heavy as the really tall blonde guy (he's 6ft5 and all muscle), but I am now over a stone lighter than the player in the abseil photo and a few pounds lighter than the other blonde player. The only players left that I'm heavier than are a few of the shorter whippets, like the one in the top photo (8lbs to go for that target).

Yes, I was so overweight that now being lighter than some really big muscly men is an achievement I'm very proud of!

The boobage is still an issue though. They won't go away!!! :'( I've lost 8 inches off my waist, 8 inches off my hips but only 8cm off by bust. Hoping, that it'll simply be the last place the weight goes from. I may not weigh more than many rugby players any more but I still look like I've two rugby balls stuffed up my t-shirt! ;)
  • flirzhja
    Options
    :happy:
  • flirzhja
    Options
    :smile:
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    First picture around 185lb.

2010a.jpg

SEP2010.jpg

Now at 135lb.

DSCF25952.jpg

DSCF1731.jpg

Everyone looks incredible! <3

you look AMAZING! pretty before but your face is really pretty now
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!