Pregnancy 2010 - Week 7

Options
2»

Replies

• elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    I don't want to do this anymore. Nothing is happening! Nothing! the weight isn't going away and the measurements aren't changing. What's the point of this and all this work if it isn't making a difference? I won't be healthy being obese, so what's the point? I eat the right calories, I work out 6 days a week, and I eat those calories too! My thyroid is fine and my GP says there's nothing to be done. 7 weeks! This is retarded and I am so fed up with it! I see everyone else and you're losing the weight, so why can't I? It's supposed to be calories in vs. calories out.

I'm so tired of this!

Jalara

I understand the frustration. Please don't give up! I know that it can be so hard to work and try and do everything right and never see that scale move. You just have to keep working at it. Eventually you will see that movement that you are looking for. Have you tried including any sort of supplement. A few years back I was trying to lose weight and no matter what I did I just couldn't seem to lose anything. I started using Hydroxycut for about 2 weeks and started seeing the movement that I was looking for. I quite using the Hydroxycut after I started losing and continued to lose. I believe that I just needed something more than just calories in/calories out in order to start losing. I ended up getting down to about to where I wanted to be and, of course, just put it back on, which I why I am here now. I am not a big fan of using drugs or taking any sort of pills but, after just over 2 months of counting every calorie burned and consumed with absolutely zero to show for it, I decided it was time to try something new. I don't know how you feel about taking supplements and such but, it might be what your body needs to give it that little jump start.

Keep working and doing what you are doing. The weight will start to come off... just give it time.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    where'd everyone go? Jalara, how are you doing?

Yesterday was a tough day, really sick pretty much all day so I was under calories by about 400 and didn't get much nutrition, but I'm not too worried about it, I'm counting on a better second trimester where I'll be kicking nutritions butt! haha, hope everyone is well, I've still been bad about exercising, but the hubby and I are going out to Alki Beach to walk this afternoon. Super sunny in Seattle today!
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, sorry to hear the morning sickness is still on the go, I am not exercising either, no morning sickness for me just tired all the time. I got my hubby to hide the scales yesterday, I have put on 1 kilo in 2 weeks and I don't want to obsess about my weight for the next 8 months. I am glad you can see the second trimester light , i wish I was as close as you are, they say after 12 weeks the chance of MC goes down alot, it didn't worry me last time but I had a bit of spotting last week and mild cramping, went to the docs and he said come back a week later if I don't miscarriage, so it's a week tomorrow and all is good, sorry to rant. Hope you had a relaxing day at the beach.
    mel
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    I'm not pregnant, nor am I TTC--actually, I just had a baby in January, but I'd love to join your group. I'm trying to lose the baby weight and more. Thought it would be nice though to join you all and hopefully be able to answer any questions you have regarding ttc and pregnancy as well.

I'm currently 134.2 and hope to get down to 120.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I'm still here, sorry to hear the morning sickness is still on the go, I am not exercising either, no morning sickness for me just tired all the time. I got my hubby to hide the scales yesterday, I have put on 1 kilo in 2 weeks and I don't want to obsess about my weight for the next 8 months. I am glad you can see the second trimester light , i wish I was as close as you are, they say after 12 weeks the chance of MC goes down alot, it didn't worry me last time but I had a bit of spotting last week and mild cramping, went to the docs and he said come back a week later if I don't miscarriage, so it's a week tomorrow and all is good, sorry to rant. Hope you had a relaxing day at the beach.
    mel

I'm so sorry to har that, it must be very scary. I've been having dreams about spotting and miscarrying and it's just a huge fear of mine. A friend of mine was also pregnant 2 weeks ahead of me but miscarried. I'm so glad that after a week you there's been no more problems and I absolutely believe and am praying that you're baby is healthy and safe and there will be no more bumps in the road!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I have been feeling super tired and unmotivated. This pregnancy is very different from two previous ones because all I want to do is sleep and eat. I'm also worried about something going wrong. I've been wearing my workout clothes since this morning, but have not gone down to walk on the treadmill. I feel so "blah"
  • smelmel
    Options
    Thanks Angela for the kind words.
    well I started spotting again this morning so i have done a first urine sample and am going to the docs in a few hours, I hope this time he will be a bit more reassuring if not I might go to another doctor, I just want him to say oh that's normal and stop worrying. I really just want to enjoy being pregnant not having to be scared every time I go to the toilet! Fingers crossed I will get an early ultrasound and see a heartbeat, maybe I should just ask for one.
    I hope everyone is doing well, relaxing and putting their feet up and stress free.
  • yessie75
    Options
    just checking if my new ticker works :)
  • yessie75
    Options
    trying again, sorry :)
  • Lovinglife
    Options
    Hi all ! :smile:
    First, congrats to those who are pregnant. :flowerforyou:

So now I'm ready to tell you my story.......

I'm 33 on sunday, from Europe, and married but no children. We're trying but I've miscarried 3 times, I think due to overweight. Today the weight said : 272 :sad:

I need to weigh 199 before the doctor will start the IVF treatment, I know, I have a long way to go.

I 'm eating after a plan given to me by my dietician, but I'm only om my 2nd week. I've been looking online to see if I can find some exercise to do at home, because right now I don't have the money to join a gym.
    I just went back to school to take some pre-med courses. I'm starting university in sept - studying medicine.

Loving life :flowerforyou:

Do we post every day ? When do we post weight ?
  • MommaPaz
    MommaPaz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    Just wondering if you'd let me join your group. I was actually reading along for awhile while DH and I were thinking about TTC. I found out last week that I am indeed preggo and would like to keep myself healthy this time around. I haven't gotten an official due date as of yet but will be making an appointment with my Doc this week. I'm thinking the end of October. I look forward to getting to know y'all!
    Oh I started (2 weeks ago when I last weighed myself) at 170lbs. When/how often are you weighing/checking in?
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies....it is so great to have so much support! We weigh in once a week, on Wednesdays.

I just realized I really need to get my butt in gear. Each month I am not making my goals, which is starting to add up. If I don't get going soon, I am not going to be where I want to when I get pregnant. This weekend didn't help, as we ate out 3 times, and I made very bad choices each time. For some reason I feel like I deserve a treat....but I feel that way every day...urg...so frustrating.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Thanks Angela for the kind words.
    well I started spotting again this morning so i have done a first urine sample and am going to the docs in a few hours, I hope this time he will be a bit more reassuring if not I might go to another doctor, I just want him to say oh that's normal and stop worrying. I really just want to enjoy being pregnant not having to be scared every time I go to the toilet! Fingers crossed I will get an early ultrasound and see a heartbeat, maybe I should just ask for one.
    I hope everyone is doing well, relaxing and putting their feet up and stress free.

Haven't heard an update since you went in for the doc appt, did everything go ok? Been thinking about you! If you haven't already I would request an ultrasound!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Hi all ! :smile:
    First, congrats to those who are pregnant. :flowerforyou:

So now I'm ready to tell you my story.......

I'm 33 on sunday, from Europe, and married but no children. We're trying but I've miscarried 3 times, I think due to overweight. Today the weight said : 272 :sad:

I need to weigh 199 before the doctor will start the IVF treatment, I know, I have a long way to go.

I 'm eating after a plan given to me by my dietician, but I'm only om my 2nd week. I've been looking online to see if I can find some exercise to do at home, because right now I don't have the money to join a gym.
    I just went back to school to take some pre-med courses. I'm starting university in sept - studying medicine.

Loving life :flowerforyou:

Do we post every day ? When do we post weight ?

Welcome! 4 pounds off in 2 weeks is a great accomplishment! Keep up the good work! We post whenever we have a comment to make or an update so you can do it as often as you like. However our weekly checkins are on Wednesdays and we start a new post that day. Hope that answers your questions
  • smelmel
    Options
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is well.
    Well this is my last post in here for awhile, started my period yesterday , I just can't bring myself to say the MC word.
    So back to weight loss and TTC. It really makes me appreciate the little angel we have already.
    I hope everyone has hassle free pregnancies and lots of healthy little babies in the next year.
    Goodluck and thanks for the support
    Mel
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is well.
    Well this is my last post in here for awhile, started my period yesterday , I just can't bring myself to say the MC word.
    So back to weight loss and TTC. It really makes me appreciate the little angel we have already.
    I hope everyone has hassle free pregnancies and lots of healthy little babies in the next year.
    Goodluck and thanks for the support
    Mel

Sorry to hear about what happened. BUT you don't have to leave us unless you're uncomfortable here. This actually started as posts for people who are interested in conceiving in 2010, so there are many here who are not pregnant ... just trying to be healthy so they will have a healthy pregnancy, etc. So feel free to stay and chat about how your health progress is going, etc. If you decide to leave good luck with the baby making!