Nightly Sweet Tooth

Options

Replies

• GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i get mini candy bars "snack size" and have 1 maybe 2 before bed.
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I save some calories and eat what I want. =) I wonder what it'll be tonight?!

^^^^ THIS!!!! Tonight it will be 2 chocolate chip cookies. :love:
  • leahneedstobethin
    Options
    Great tip. I think I'll try it.
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    have something healthy.

try Pumpkin with some crushed nuts and cinnamon mixed in. sweeten with a bit of Stevia.

Mix Dark cocoa with some vanilla protein powder and a bit of evaporated milk to form a sauce. Use that as a dip for sliced apples or some other fruit!
  • Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    I LOVE ice cream and it is my BIGGEST weakness. To curb the craving for it I do this:

Freeze bananas
    Slice them
    put in food processor with a tablespoon or two of almond milk

Comes out like soft serve! Sometimes I will add in a touch of peanut butter.....chocolate chips...or both! It is a super yummy treat and healthy too!
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like Atkins Indulgence Caramel Nut Chew Bar 130 cal.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've been working at curbing mine: cup of decaf coffee, 1/2 tsp sugar in the raw (avoid artificial sweeteners if you can, they can skyrocket your sweet tooth) & a square of Lindt 70% dark chocolate seems to work. The chocolate curbs a sweet tooth while aiding digestion & the coffee leaves the bitter taste so I really don't want to eat.

Late at nite I'm not afraid of the dark... it's the cookie monster I'm afraid of...
  • braga1992
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBGueNEM0RY&list=UUHMHowKsEJI9N2ulejB71jg&index=4&feature=plcp

I love this guy. Try this one out. If not, he has a whole bunch of other sweet recipes including cookies to make from scratch. All healthy high protein low carbs.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    If you have the self control, eat ONE hershey kiss!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Yup. I drink Good Earth Sweet and Spicy tea. It destroys my sweet cravings and it's sugar free.
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OMG I have this same problem.. I buy trail mix with chocolate in it and special k chocolate pastry crisps they are so good
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I agree with the low-cal hot chocolate. Here's how you should make it tho:

1-2 cups of low/skim milk
    1tbsp or so of cocoa powder
    sweetener (stevia, honey, splenda, or none)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    mmmmmm

it tastes good if you sprinkle cinnnamon on too.

Another healthy snack is apple and cinnamon with a little sugar

There are lots of healthy snacks on google and pinteerest. Email me if you want more help, I am exactly the same as you!
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 calorie brownies :). YUM

I also like to cut up an apple and a banana and snack on that.

Sometimes I take Choban Greek Yogurt (flavored) and mix a cut up banana in it. They even have a chocolate yogurt <sinful> :)
  • jaechange
    Options
    BUMP thanks ..
  • Dreamer058
    Options
    Never grilled fruit - I assume it is pretty good? How long? What do you put on it if anything at all? Just curious. Sounds like a great idea!!
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy and do carb backloading.
  • sariannach
    Options
    Of all things... when I bake Toll House chocolate chip cookies, I freeze them after they've cooled. One frozen cookie is about 130 calories. It has chocolate and sugar and tastes wonderfully sweet, it's cold so I don't want ice cream afterwards, and it's a little crunchy too so I don't want chips/crackers! Simple, tasty, and I don't feel like I need to eat everything I've baked "before it goes bad" either.
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Try the 321 cake recipe to help with the cravings. It has helped me when i NEED cake. All you do is get a box of angel food cake, and your favorite flavor of cake (chocolate, strawberry, white etc..), and empty those into a Ziploc bag. Shake them up really good and you have your mix ready. Now you make your cake. 3 tablespoons of mix, 2 tablespoons of water, and 1 minute in the microwave. I make mine in a coffee mug. Be sure and mix the ingredients together well enough that they look frothy in the mug. I also have sliced up strawberries and drizzled 1/2 of teaspoon of hershey chocolate syrup to add some extra flavor. I got this recipe from another MFP user. Hope it helps!
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! Thanks!