I reached my first goal!

Replies

• liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Good for you! Keep it up, it'll get easier! A good idea is to have several goals, rather than just a specific weight goal. Sometimes when the scale doesn't budge for a while it can be discouraging--so it helps to measure inches lost, or fat percentage lost, instead of just weight. I've lost 30 pounds of fat, and I have put on about 12 lbs of muscle, so the total weight loss is only about 18 pounds-- but I've dropped 2 dress sizes! So it's helpful to measure by other things than only total weight.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Yay! Congrats on meeting your goal. You got this!

Also, take pictures so you can track your progress. Pictures got me through some slow times on the scale.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Congratulations! That already is an impressive loss! Must feel so good :) Keep us posted on your progress - can't wait to hear the good news :flowerforyou:
  • congratulations, way to go..... keep up the awsome job.
  • Congrats...
  • kirbyland
    kirbyland Posts: 16 Member
    Congrats! I'm trying to set small goals for myself too. First one being 20 pounds by Christmas..we'll see. But Congrats again, that's awesome, and keep it up!
  • Way to go!! What an awesome goal to reach!!!! Congratulations!

I agree with you, do not say UGH because you have so far to go....instead say YEAH....I lost another pound and I pray I never see that number on the scale again.

You see.... I am only 4' 11" and weighed 235. When I got under the 230 mark....I smiled and said I will not see that 230 on the scale again.

Keep up the good work!
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Thats fantastic Keep up the good work!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    well done...keep it up!
  • That is amazing and so encouraging! Keep going:) you've definitely inspired me to work harder!!:)
  • INFJ
    INFJ Posts: 86 Member
    Baby steps is the way to go! You'll accomplish more mini-goals :happy:
  • beezipper
    beezipper Posts: 18 Member
    You are the bomb! Keep on kicking your own butt - you deserve to be proud of yourself!
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Good job! We will all defeat that evil scale in time!
  • GREAT JOB!!! I'm doing the same thing, I have an overall goal, but I'm thinking of it 5-10 pounds at a time. Hitting those numbers keep me focused on successes. I think a lot of us have a end goal that is too much to think of at the start, at least I know I do.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    There's nothing "only" about 18 pounds. Great job!
  • LJ728
    LJ728 Posts: 52 Member
    WTG! :happy:
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    There's nothing "only" about 18 pounds. Great job!

Exactly! Yay you on your progress so far, and your commitment to keep going! Like you, I know that I am going to be here for a long, long time. Instead of thinking about how I need to lose 150 pounds (gulp!) I think about how I am going to lose 15 pounds, 10 times.

Feel free to add me... we have a lot of similar goals and we are at about the same place in our journey.

Congrats again!
  • 18 pounds!!! woo hoo! that is a wonderful accomplishment SOO Happy for you!
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Great job - keep going!
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Awesome! Welcome to twoderville! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!