Looking for motivating friends on 1200 calorie diet!

Options

Replies

• GoGoldy
    Options
    Add me if you'd like.
  • DollyPocket
    DollyPocket Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Add me too if you'd like :-) xx
  • DoctorPMD
    DoctorPMD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help. That's about my daily calorie goal too.
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I eat an average of 1200 calories a day but I do intermittent fasting as well. I have some good friends who do the same thing and have had amazing success!!! One thing I am going to tell you is that lots of people will tell you to eat more because you will go into starvation mode. Starvation mode doesn't exist unless you have very low body fat (less than 12% for females). So just ignore them
  • CindyMarie_
    CindyMarie_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. you sound a lot like me! LOL I'm 21, also on a 1200 calorie diet and I am definitely obsessed with chocolate, my weakness. Feel free to add me :)
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Add me! MPF set me at 1200 cals :) Love new friends!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Why would you only want people who encourage you to undereat? Just curious.

You do realize that MFP sets many people up with a goal of 1200 calories, right? How do you know she's not sedentary? How do you know if she'll burn 500 calories a day and consume 1500 calories? You don't. Try being more supportive, people.

OP- Welcome to MFP. A place where you'll get all kinds of advice and support. Most of the people who sound rude are well meaning. Too many people eat less than they should and it really won't help you lose weight if you do that. However, there are plenty who are on the 1200 goal plan and eat more than that because of adding exercise. See what works for you. Good luck!

Oh, and my goal is set to 1200 right now, but I change it up from time to time.
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Im on 1200 and I am far from starving. The starving comments are so stupid. I've averaged a pound per week since I came back here and got serious- which was 9 months ago. It's been steady and as healthy as it can be. I've never felt better. You can eat a hell of a lot of food if you choose the right things on 1200/day.
  • MissLotte
    MissLotte Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have just started too on the 1200 cals. Feel free to add me. I don't know if it's working yet but will be happy to offer support to like minded people. xx
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I lost 30+ pounds eating 1600-1800 cals on rest days and 2000-2200 cals on heavy workout days. But if it won't bother you to see people who actually EAT and enjoy it and are still successfully staying fit, you can add me. :wink:
  • AnnMombourquette
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    For you chocoholics, try non-fat, no sugar added frozen yogurt. After not eating sweets for a while it is a pretty awesome treat and isn't hard on the calorie goals.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm set to 1300, but usually stay around 1200. Feel free to add me if so inclined. :)
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    hey, I'm a chocolate fan too, read my blog, it's full of my unorthodox dieting with 1200 calories too, and for all the non-believers, check here |
    |
    |
    |
    V
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello. Im Christina, im on my journey to lose 92lbs. Im also on a 1200cal diet. I am always welcoming more friends so feel free to add me if you like.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

Was asking myself the same question...

Opened the post because I was going to say "Sorry, can't help you, because I eat much more than 1200 calories!"

Now if the OP wants to talk about good health and would like my take on healthy foods; well, then, I'm in!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Was asking myself the same question...

Opened the post because I was going to say "Sorry, can't help you, because I eat much more than 1200 calories!"

Now if the OP wants to talk about good health and would like my take on healthy foods; well, then, I'm in!

Do you have any idea at all what you're talking about? Do you mean it's unhealthy to eat 1200 calories a day?
  • dancagal41
    Options
    Anybody could add me!
  • Mama_Lyn
    Mama_Lyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Why would you visit a thread you disagree with, of which you probably knew would be full of noobs, and try to encourage a debate that you'd more than likely lose? Just curious...oh wait, I know- fail troll is fail. :)

I'm at 1250- feel free to add me!

It's not trolling, it's called concern for a newbie who might not know better, from someone with lots of experience and, obviously, success! But have a nice day :flowerforyou:
    Pearls to swine, I think is the phrase.

You're right, except in this instance the swine would be those not cultured enough to respect other methods of losing weight, instead insisting on enforcing their OMFGYOUCANTLIVEON1200CALORIESYOUDUMMY attitude on those who see success from what they're doing.

Great phrase, thanks for trying! :) And yes, it is indeed trolling, no matter how many flowers are offered. smileysmileyflowersmiley.
  • Patti233
    Options
    Hi I am pretty new too and doing the 1200 calorie diet. I have to lose 30 pounds.. I can't figure out how to eat and stay under the sugar limit.. any ideas???????