300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• KiDoJo88
    Options
    Holy wow, that is AMAZING.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You are amazeballs! Seriously! I completed c25k program being over 200 lbs (started at about 220) and I was impressed with myself but you have blown that away. Great job & congrats!!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    YOU

KICK

A**
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!
  • rpnzl11574
    rpnzl11574 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As a fellow 300 pounder I think you ARE a superhero! I'm actually crying a little in happiness for you. I know how pleased I felt hiking a mile and a third around Devils Tower WY ... I don't think I could run 3 though (but I will get there).
  • missymelmel2002
    missymelmel2002 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    that's great :happy:
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I make excuses not to run at 147. There goes my kick in the butt! Great work! :flowerforyou:
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I wish I could get into running. =) Keep up the awesome work!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    WOW you are amazing! Truely amazing!!! Sending friend request
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!
  • pattydowell
    pattydowell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself for the GREAT job that you did my running the race. Most people would have not done it because of their weight and size.. Keep up the GREAT work.
  • NayaP
    NayaP Posts: 46
    Options
    Wow, you just removed any excuse I could ever have about running. You're AWESOME!
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    amazing well done, your a true inspiration!!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I started c25k at around 310 and now I'm down to 287. I am taking it very slow, I do a level each month instead of each week. October is week 3. I should finish the program in April which is great cuz there's a color run in my area in May 2013! Perfect! I'm in! I know I can do it and seeing you did it really helps since most people I see running are skinny minnies. Just because my butt isn't the size of a postage stamp doesn't mean I can't do it too. Thanks for posting!
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and such an inspiration!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You should feel like a superhero! I'm 317lbs (started here at 340) and even though I exercise 5-6 days a week and burn off anywhere from 5k-8k calories in that time frame, I still get winded when I walk for a long period of time. Running is completely out of the question til I lose more weight. My ankles are really weak and I've sprained them both four times each, broken my tibia at the ankle, and have broken toes and metatarsal bones in my feet. You should be VERY proud of yourself! You're an inspiration to other 300lb+ women like me!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    You are wonderful!
    I have also spent a lot of my life with a huge amount of activities that I really wanted to do stuck in the "No, too big for that." This whole fitness thing, it's amazing. I have CHANGED my body, actually changed it, so that I can do the things I want to. I grew up thinking that was impossible, being told by my parents that some people are just meant to be overweight, even obese.
    It's stunning to complete something from the "No, too big for that" box, even if I'm still overweight. Feels so good, and makes me feel so sad for waiting this long.
    Congrats to you, my dear, for changing your life. I'm so proud!
  • gaj87
    gaj87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You are a superhero. Congratulations!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!