Eggs? Eat ALL the Eggs?

Options

Replies

• kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat two eggs every morning, and I feel full longer, more energy then if I were to cereal or bread... I've found nothing wrong with them!
  • suegmune
    Options
    I used to eat 2-3 regular eggs every day for over a year straight (and a couple times a week for all the years prior). My cholesteral and general bloodwork always came back fantastic.
  • donabow
    donabow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised to see that many people still don't understand that the cholesterol in your food DOESN'T go to your arteries... healthy fats are good for your body and your heart... saturated fat is your friend! I eat at least a dozen a week. It's trans fats, processed foods, and sugar-laden junk that's bad for you. Not wholesome eggs. Eat the whole darn thing.

EXACTLY.........couldnt have said it better myself
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I eat one whole egg en 3 egg whites breakfast. Excellent source of protein to start your mornings! You avoid the extra cholesterol with the egg whites. I use real eggs, not processed egg beaters.

I do the quoted as well, it's just cheaper to buy real eggs though so that's why I wanted to know the real story on eggs. The yolks are full of choline and I want ALL the choline. But I can't has the choline if I am fearing the cholesterol.

I eat 1 egg a day and 2 to 3 egg equivalent in whites but I'd rather just eat 4 eggs in the morning... Just trying to figure out the safety of it.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    The problem with high cholesterol comes when people don't do anything to stop the cause of the inflammation and the body sends more and more cholesterol which then builds up and causes problems. Cholesterol is not the problem, inflammatory causers are! Cholesterol is just our misunderstood friend with very good intentions

And how am I supposed to know what "inflammation" is causing my spike in cholesterol? What about the people who are genetically prone to high cholesterol? Where is that "inflammation" coming from? Sorry but I don't buy that. What you eat, how much you weigh, activity level, family history . . . . this is what increases your cholesterol levels not some mythical "inflammation".

While one does have to be cognizant of their total cholesterol numbers it's the LDL's and Triglycerides that you really need to pay close attention to. My total cholesterol is high however all my other numbers -- HDL, LDL, Tri's -- are all quite low.

Inflammation is far from myth. Ever hear of arthritis? It's classified as an inflammatory disorder. Additionally, "high-grade" systemic inflammation "accelerates vascular risk" in people with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Low-grade systemic inflammation has also been linked with Type 2 Diabetes in that it can be predictive of other the other warning signs of T2D.

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/108/24/2957.short
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16472046

Perhaps the supposedly healthy foods that you're eating aren't so healthy for you?
  • EccentricDad
    Options
    I will not eat ALL the eggs anymore than I will clean ALL THE THINGS!

Hey girl, I see how you've been catching on to my meme references and I think you're awesome. :flowerforyou:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I eat one whole egg en 3 egg whites breakfast. Excellent source of protein to start your mornings! You avoid the extra cholesterol with the egg whites. I use real eggs, not processed egg beaters.

I do the quoted as well, it's just cheaper to buy real eggs though so that's why I wanted to know the real story on eggs. The yolks are full of choline and I want ALL the choline. But I can't has the choline if I am fearing the cholesterol.

I eat 1 egg a day and 2 to 3 egg equivalent in whites but I'd rather just eat 4 eggs in the morning... Just trying to figure out the safety of it.

d_15401.jpg
  • EccentricDad
    Options
    Scroll up to top > See Home? Recent Posts? My Topics? Settings? Search?

OP, you could save us from about 90% of your threads if you just used that last function.

Nah, it's more fun being OP and wasting your time. Trololololololol.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    safe. unless you have heart disease of course.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Just had two hard boiled eggs for a mid morning snack :)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I eat EB eggs, I think its lower in cholest, but either way, prob should not live on yolks. I personally eat anywhere from 1 - 3 a day if you include eggs in recipes and etc.

I guess, if you start having health issues, go to a doc, they can tell you.
  • EccentricDad
    Options

d_15401.jpg

BADASS! Any deets on it? Do you take it?
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    Last I heard, it's good cholesterol. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Eggs are really good for you.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

d_15401.jpg

or you could save your money and eat the whole damn egg.
  • EccentricDad
    Options
    God, I never considered how many eggs are in every day processed foods an yet here we go eating it for many years as a child up to adulthood... I guess that solves it then, eggs are safe. No sarcasm either, that validates the safety of it. Eggs are in EVERYTHING that is baked and I'm still alive and kickin'. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • chawwklattt
    Options
    I eat 5 ALL eggs every morning last 2 years...
  • EccentricDad
    Options

d_15401.jpg

or you could save your money and eat the whole damn egg.

You have no idea how deficient people are of choline do you? An egg has like 23% of your daily requirement. A supplement is ideal if you're not eating 5 eggs a day.
  • EccentricDad
    Options
    I eat 5 ALL eggs every morning last 2 years...

And I trust bloodwork cholesterol (HDL/LDL) came back fine? Because that's my concern.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Scroll up to top > See Home? Recent Posts? My Topics? Settings? Search?

OP, you could save us from about 90% of your threads if you just used that last function.

gogirl.jpg
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol is not the problem, inflammatory causers are! Cholesterol is just our misunderstood friend with very good intentions :wink:

Cholesterols. Very misunderstood creatures they are. But what would cause the inflammation? Underlining celiac or something like that? Or are you saying something else that would cause the disease? And knowing inflammation isn't a bad thing, why is there so many anti-inflammatory meds on the market? Not trying to argue, just trying to understand because I don't know and it's like trying to find out the answers.

You might be interested in the body of research that suggests that humans are, by and large, actually gluten sensitive, and even a good portion of those who don't have "full-blown" Celiac might actually be causing low-grade immune responses by eating grains.

Inflammation, in and of itself, isn't a bad thing, the problem is chronic, systemic inflammation. Inflammation, like stress, is meant to be an acute, short-term response to external stimuli in order to protect the organism. But when the faucets are on high all the time, and your body is constantly flooded with cholesterol, cortisol, adrenaline, etc. then the systems that generate those hormones/chemicals start burning out, and/or the systems designed to regulate/flush out those hormones/chemicals when they're no longer needed get overwhelmed, resulting in an excess and build-up. This ends up causing (or contributing to) things like arthritis, leaky gut (a typical comorbid of Celiac before going gluten free), Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease, etc.