The Right Guy

Options

Replies

• TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    If you aren't losing the weight for you (internal motivation) - for the sake of pride or liking your reflection in the mirror - the external motivations will fade (male attention, approval/praise from others.) It's okay to want those other things, but you'll be happier if you're doing it for yourself.

To be honest, PART of the reason I wanted to get fit was to be more attractive; but I got fed up being so fat. lol I'm not where I want to be, but I'm seeing getting there, feel more confident and have noticed more women are interested/attracted - but I'm not looking right now because my health is top priority right now.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Don't Stop Believin'
    Hold on to that feeeeeelin......street lights, people oooooooohooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!! \m/
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    good progress , 50 lbs more
    Huh? Wha?! :angry:

I was just fixing to say something similar, but you were much kinder than I was going to be. What a jerk! :mad:
    Allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment: the OP's ticker does indicate she's about 50 lbs from her goal. Maybe he's just congratulating her on her success so far and encouraging her to continue and not give up.

And if he's just a jerk, you can easily say the same thing back to him, as his ticker indicates he is also about 50 lbs from his goal, but he's only lost 8 lbs to her 50...
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    First off... I don't think "Mr. Right" is real. At least I haven't met him.

But... I gotta say... I think that when I (and you) start doing this for ourselves... and start liking ourselves... than he may appear. Just a thought.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    After a bad breakup last year I read the book "He's just not that into you"

I've been single ever since....and now it's quite comfortable to be honest
    No drama, no stress, I come and go as I please and can hang out with my guy friends whenever I feel like it.

Why rush?? It's not all it's cracked up to be anyways
  • suegmune
    Options
    People who try too hard rarely get what they want.
    Do this for YOU. Your confidence will be oozing from your body, and you will attract the right guy eventually.
  • gingerjen7
    Options

Congrats, you're a *kitten*

Woahhh and here we have an example of girls jumping to conclusions!...If you look at hit ticker...it looks like he has 50 pounds to go...I'm pretty sure he was talking about himself.
    Even if he isn't talking about himself, the OP's goal is apparently another 50 lbs, so I don't see what the big deal is.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

I was just fixing to say something similar, but you were much kinder than I was going to be. What a jerk! :mad:
    Allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment: the OP's ticker does indicate she's about 50 lbs from her goal. Maybe he's just congratulating her on her success so far and encouraging her to continue and not give up.

And if he's just a jerk, you can easily say the same thing back to him, as his ticker indicates he is also about 50 lbs from his goal, but he's only lost 8 lbs to her 50...

Yea I gotta back gingerjen up on this one.....

Men aren't as stupid as some women like to believe and they can spot that bitter woman a mile away.....sooooo yea
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    OH sweetie, I understand what you're feeling because I'm fighting the same battle but I've come to this conclusion: EFF IT! Love yourself. Bask in your beauty. Feel your own self worth. Treat yourself well. Know yourself well. Live your life to it's fullest. Treat yourself AND OTHERS with respect always. Be open to life & it's opportunities. Don't wait for love but do what you love! Love will come knocking when it knows your truly ready. Until then - LIVE! xo :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Very well written. :flowerforyou:
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Saying "good progress, 50 lbs more" is rude nowdays?

edit: if someone weights 400, and lost 100lbs, is it MORE rude to say , good progress , 150lbs more. ?
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    wait what.....

are you interested in the "RIGHT GUY" or interested in all guys "But it still seems to me that guys aren't interested in me"

cause the right guy takes time.....it'll happen....

but any guy? sometimes they are noticing, you just don't notice them noticing...

this right herr
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options

edit: if someone weights 400, and lost 100lbs, is it MORE rude to say , good progress , 150lbs more. ?

OH NO HE DIDDDDENNNNT!!!!

Get em girls!
  • gingerjen7
    Options

I understood what you meant, but perhaps you can't see what other people think you meant. The topic of the OP's post is a perceived lack of interest in her from men. Your comment may be taken by others to mean, "Well, you're still fat, lose another 50 lbs and then guys will notice you." It could come across to others that you're being incredibly shallow and glossing over her accomplishment and focusing on the work she has left to do.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options

I understood what you meant, but perhaps you can't see what other people think you meant. The topic of the OP's post is a perceived lack of interest in her from men. Your comment may be taken by others to mean, "Well, you're still fat, lose another 50 lbs and then guys will notice you." It could come across to others that you're being incredibly shallow and glossing over her accomplishment and focusing on the work she has left to do.

It is sad we can get negative feedback, but the more you converse, the more power you give them. It's nice to defend, but sometimes you gotta let it go, and it(he/she) will usually go away too. There's also something called "ignore" option
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options

OH NO HE DIDDDDENNNNT!!!!

Get em girls!
    If he were worth the time.....Yeah, I would. ....I KNEW IT! :mad:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Well, apparently, I'm not the only one who took it that way. That's why it's so important to express COMPLETE thoughts in FULL sentences. Would have really taken that much longer to write, "Congrats on your 50lb loss! Only 50 more to go. You can do it."
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Well, apparently, I'm not the only one who took it that way. That's why it's so important to express COMPLETE thoughts in FULL sentences. Would have really taken that much longer to write, "Congrats on your 50lb loss! Only 50 more to go. You can do it." It's especially important when considering that the comment came from a guy and the subject of the thread was about the OP having trouble with the fact that even after a 50lb loss, guys still don't seem to find her attractive.
  • gingerjen7
    Options

It is sad we can get negative feedback, but the more you converse, the more power you give them. It's nice to defend, but sometimes you gotta let it go, and it(he/she) will usually go away too. There's also something called "ignore" option
    What's sad about negative feedback? Criticism is just as valuable (maybe even more valuable) than praise. At least from criticism you can grow. Besides, negative feedback also illustrates the right to free speech. There's nothing sad at all about that.

Also, I don't think he needs to go away. It was a misunderstanding that can easily be cleared up by and objective observer as long as people are willing to drop their defensiveness. Not a big deal.
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So I've been on this journey since February. Lost over 50 pounds and I am so excited! But it still seems to me that guys aren't interested in me. Anybody still struggling with the same thing?
    Bringing due attention back to Brittany. You're beautiful! Your progress is VERY impressive and inspiring! Keep your chin up. Man or no man life is too short to waste it worrying! :heart:
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    To everyone saying "You never find the right guy when you're looking for him," I call bull****. I met my fiance on an online dating site. It doesn't get more "looking" than that. We've been together 2.5 years, living together 1.5, engaged 7 months. Having done a lot of dating, I can assure you that he is VERY MUCH the right guy and not "just who came along," and I love him more every day.

::ahem::

Ok, on to the meat of the question: is your incomplete weight loss journey effecting your dating potential. Answer:different guys have different tastes. Ergo, some may be attracted to you as you are now, and some may not. This will be the case no matter what you weigh. If you really want to find Mr. Right, you just need to put yourself out there. TRY online dating, or join a Meet Up group for something you like to do, or whatever. Regardless of what people say, it's very rare that you will just magically happen upon someone who is perfect for you in the course of your every day life. Does it happen? Sure. Should you count on it? Not unless you want your companions in your old age to be feline. Go get 'em, girl.