Advice needed, from a very worried Mom! please help?

Options

Replies

• katie070563
    Options
    What are you frightened of that makes you leave it so long before calling the police? The police will be interested in your missing son. Is it normal for him not to give you any details whatsoever of his girl friends and work? I can understand the confidentiality stuff behind the security work, but such organisations usually have sophisticated monitoring systems and reporting systems to keep tabs on their employees and protect their welfare. This all sounds quite strange, so you really should contact the police as they are the best to help you.

Good luck
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm a 911 dispatcher and i've taken calls like this before. You need to call the police. Explain whats going on and give them all the information that you have. I'm sure there's something they can do to help find out more information at least. It's a huge red flag the fact that all his cell phones are dead. That's very odd. I hope you get in contact with him. You're in my prayers.
  • omorgano
    omorgano Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This whole thing seems off. You don't know where he works (even though you have his security badge and said it was located in Wolverhampton), you don't know where he lives (except that he used to live in Manchester, which an hour and a half away from where you said his company is) and you don't know who his girlfriend is (even though they just went on holiday to Spain) Good luck
  • bhfood
    bhfood Posts: 77
    Options
    I think you should call the police and file a missing person's report. It certainly is warranted. I will pray you hear from him soon.
  • deemuffie
    deemuffie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good LUCK and Prayers Your way..
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I am sending good vibes your way. I understand your worries and understand why you would wait. I do hope you keep us posted. You've got a supportive group here.
  • olgamarie_t
    olgamarie_t Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    contact the police where he is at, keep us posted
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Is NikkNak85 back?

i was thinking something very similar :S and felt guilty for it too!

Interesting...
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    This whole thing seems off. You don't know where he works (even though you have his security badge and said it was located in Wolverhampton), you don't know where he lives (except that he used to live in Manchester, which an hour and a half away from where you said his company is) and you don't know who his girlfriend is (even though they just went on holiday to Spain) Good luck

Totally not passing the sniff test...
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    Bump
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    if he's used this site contact the administrators and see if they can get you access to his profile and copies of the messages he's posted. same thing with other social sites. contact the police as well.

I don't recall her saying that he uses this site, but she could do a search herself. To ask the administrators to go into his profile without a court order might be against the rules of this site and the law.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    maybe he's just trying to find himself
  • wallisjules
    Options
    hope you hear from him soon. YOu need to know more about your son. Get to know his girlfriend would be a start. When you find him asked them over for the weekend and explain how all this unknow is effecting you.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Just thought I would update you! My eldest son did a bit of digging this morning and got the name of the company that the `missing son` works for so I managed to speak with someone this morning :-) I had to do quite a bit of security checks due to the data protection act. They wouldn`t tell me where he is still, but they told me he is fine.

they have promised that they will pass on a message to him for him to phone me in the next few days.

so I feel so much better and that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach has finally gone.

But I feel like strangling him now I know he is OK, for not contacting me and making me worry so much !!!

Thank you again for all your advice and encouragement xx
  • annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    We are all relieved with you! And a few of us may wish to assist you when you scold him, too. :wink:

You could have him take a look at this thread to let him know how much worry over him was actually
    going on. That may help counter the "oh, mother, don't overdo it" comment he may wish to give. And
    get him to think twice about going off the radar without calling you. Take care and smile. :flowerforyou:
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Oh GOOD!! Now strangle him when you see him!
    I am a big fan of courtesy communication, whether you are "trying to find yourself" or not. He will find out one day, if he ever has kids.

SO RELIEVED, I was worried for you!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I know kids eh! Who in the right mind would have them???

Will really give him a telling off that`s for sure.

The upside is now I have the name and phone number of his company, so IF there is ever a repeat I can phone them.

The downside is I got my appetite back lol:noway:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I read the beginning and the end of this thread. I was going to say call the police where he lives, but thankfully that isn't necessary. So glad it turned out OK!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    After he found out his mom called his employer (for which he'll likely take justifiable ribbing) I suspect he'll be far more willing to check in with you in the future - if only to avoid a repeat. :laugh:
  • m1311
    m1311 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This whole thread reminds me that I don't have my daughters' newest roommates' telephone numbers. I hope that when your son does call you, you ask for his girlfriend's name and phone, as well as the name and phone of a male friend.