WTF is happening?!

Options
13»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Early Happy Birthday to ya! :bigsmile:

Do you usually take rest days, at least one a week? I always take at least one, sometimes two if something comes up or if I'm just particularly sore or tired, but a few weeks back I decided I needed a longer break. I was going to take an entire week off, but couldn't because I had a 5k that weekend, so I decided to take 4 full days off, with zero exercise. Loved it! And taking a few days off and letting my body rest actually made the scale go down a little. :tongue: I was worried that taking a break of more than a day or two might derail my good workout habits, but it didn't at all. And I came back rested and feeling strong. So enjoy your weekend!

I think you're on the right track. You've come a long way, and you have the right mindset of telling yourself that this is not a setback, and you know you're never going to go back to the way you were. You've developed healthy habits - it's all an ongoing process and just needs to be re-evaluated and adjusted as needed along the way.

Have a great weekend! :drinker:
  • LittleLadyLisa
    Options
    Thank you, geekyjock. I will take all that you've said into consideration. I've been a machine...work out a lot and I work a lot. How I find as much time as I do to work out, I don't know how I do it. I am lucky to say I love my job so the stress level there is low. But the past 4 months in my personal life, stress has been on the high side. Went through a bad break up that left me very broken hearted, and most recently there was a death. So yes stress could play a huge factor for sure. Things are finally calming down and moving forward in my personal life so hopefully the stress level is decrease by a lot.

Amy - thanks so much for the bday wish and you're kind words! I do take one day off per week from working out...I typically take saturdays off. Maybe once in this round of insanity, I took two days off one week due to lack of time. I'm going to give myself a break and focus of the positive. Have a good weekend as well. :)

Ihateroses - this is my third round of insanity. I am no stranger to it. I do the whole video and I do it right. If you're doing it properly, you're strength builds every day and your endurance grows, muscles get stronger every day. I am still dripping in sweat with each session and believe me I am doing it right.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Clothes are not fitting any different. I am a size xs-s in tops, and a size 4/6 in pants.

I do feel more toned. I and do know that some of the weight gained is muscle but ten is way too much. I've been on this journey for a year and half now and this has never happened. I'm a nurse, and I studied nutrition a lot so I just don't know if I need to cut calories, add more work outs...even though I don't have much more time to work out. I already do insanity for 108 mins a day, along side daily activity.

I'm searching the web hoping to find more answers, I might invest in a heart rate watch that calculates calories burned. I always calculated it myself. I check my heart rate through out the work outs, and find the average and then do the formula to figure out calories burned.

I would just like to know what I am doing wrong. Ugh.
    If your clothes are fitting the same and you actually feel lighter, I wouldn't worry so much about the number on the scale. It's the number in your clothes or measuring tape that matter the most. It may be a small amount of muscle,but with that said it is extremely hard for even a male to gain 10 pounds of muscle in a year, let alone a female in a few months, unless on steroids.
    Try to relax about the number. The scale is but one small tool to help gauge where you are. If you are able to work out harder, are stronger and still in the same size clothes... That's the most important thing!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

Ihateroses - this is my third round of insanity. I am no stranger to it. I do the whole video and I do it right. If you're doing it properly, you're strength builds every day and your endurance grows, muscles get stronger every day. I am still dripping in sweat with each session and believe me I am doing it right.

Sorry! I think I may have worded myself poorly. Did not mean to imply you weren't doing it right, just from experience I was surprised you could push yourself to do 2 sessions in a day.

I think this is your problem though, because you are going it so much your body is wayyy too used to it and it is not as effective.

I'm pretty sure you can't actually build muscle doing so much cardio.
  • LittleLadyLisa
    Options

Sorry! I think I may have worded myself poorly. Did not mean to imply you weren't doing it right, just from experience I was surprised you could push yourself to do 2 sessions in a day.

I think this is your problem though, because you are going it so much your body is wayyy too used to it and it is not as effective.

I'm pretty sure you can't actually build muscle doing so much cardio.

No worries, I knew what you meant. Lol.

Well, the thing with insanity workout is that it's a different video everyday so you're muscles don't get used to the routine. One of the reason I love it so much, it never gets boring and it's a challenge every time. With insanity you def build muscle...a lot of squats, push ups, etc. But I do think I am over doing it so I am going to take break from it. I appreciate your comment, thanks. :)
  • LittleLadyLisa
    Options
    Clothes are not fitting any different. I am a size xs-s in tops, and a size 4/6 in pants.

I do feel more toned. I and do know that some of the weight gained is muscle but ten is way too much. I've been on this journey for a year and half now and this has never happened. I'm a nurse, and I studied nutrition a lot so I just don't know if I need to cut calories, add more work outs...even though I don't have much more time to work out. I already do insanity for 108 mins a day, along side daily activity.

I'm searching the web hoping to find more answers, I might invest in a heart rate watch that calculates calories burned. I always calculated it myself. I check my heart rate through out the work outs, and find the average and then do the formula to figure out calories burned.

I would just like to know what I am doing wrong. Ugh.
    If your clothes are fitting the same and you actually feel lighter, I wouldn't worry so much about the number on the scale. It's the number in your clothes or measuring tape that matter the most. It may be a small amount of muscle,but with that said it is extremely hard for even a male to gain 10 pounds of muscle in a year, let alone a female in a few months, unless on steroids.
    Try to relax about the number. The scale is but one small tool to help gauge where you are. If you are able to work out harder, are stronger and still in the same size clothes... That's the most important thing!

Thank so much for your encouragement!
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My first thought when you said you do Insanity twice a day was....Are you eating enough? You have to be burning at least 1000 calories a day at that rate. I'd say rework your numbers and figure out how much you need to be eating with that much exercise.

My second thought was...are you taking rest days AND are you taking time off between rounds of Insanity? Shaun T reccommends taking 2 WEEKS off between rounds. If you go to the Team Beachbody site, Shaun T has done live chats that you can watch for more info.

I agree that Insanity is awesome. Recently finished my first round. Loved it. I am also petite 4' 10, currently weigh 102 lbs. Lost about 6-7 lbs with first round of Insanity. I certainly understand how 10lbs makes a difference on a small frame. I have built some muscle from doing Insanity so I'm mainly focused on measurements now.

You've done great. Good Luck !