Childrens names?

Options

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    For a boy: Alexander Michael

For a girl: Michaela Alexandria (although, I do love my daughter's name even more than that one, LOL!)
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    Girl---Carrington (Karrington, Kherington),Danielle, Gabrielle,Paige
    Boy-- Carrington, Braxton, Brice, Sheldon

My daughter's name is Carrington. I really like Danielle but it didn't sound good with our last name.

Like one other poster said. Have the call the name out look and hear what it sound like. I did that and rejected plenty of suggested names because of it.

Congratulations to the new parents to be!!
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    John, James, David, William for a boy.

And yes, I'm white, boring, and think trendy names are silly.

I don't really have any favorite names to say, but a baby book name is great, one with the "top ten for the last 5 years" is preferable.
    Don't choose any of those.

Don't add your own little cutesy artistic flair.

Don't give them a name so their nickname can be "___" if you want to name your kid maci (may-cee) don't name them madeline.

It is *their* name. They have to put up with it at school, in the work force and all 500 million forms they will have to fill out their entire life. Not you. They will also have their named called 5 million times, So don't give them on that is hard to read, pronounce, or has five syllables and a '.

Names will reflect them on their resume. Employers have hundreds of applicants for every job and yes, they look at names.
    "We already have 5 Johns in this office..neeext"

A name that can fit either gender.

The name of a city

If it's a traditional name, use traditional spelling.

Say the name out loud... holler the name as if you're calling the kid. Do you sound ridiculous?

The first name shouldn't be a dead person's name. You can honor that person with the middle name. Those are some big shoes to fill as it is.

There are nice names out there that aren't boring but aren't super common.

I like the name Paul, Scott and Mariah/ Melanie and sophia .. though some of them have recently become popular.

Umm, so what's the problem with an apostrophe in the name? Irish names have apostrophes. So what exactly are you referring to, ethnic names? As for nicknames, many cultures give nicknames that actually could go for their first names. Hence why they have that box titled "Other names Used/Nicknames" on Job applications. Huh, we won't even get on the Honey Boo Boo issue.

When is this ignorant world going to wake up? It is just a name. Who the h*** cares if their parents want to put an artistic flair on it by spelling it differently, hyphenating it, putting all different kinds of syllables in it. Our names make us unique individuals. Who wants to go through life with a common name when no one is a common individual. Simply put a name does not determine what kind of quality of life you'll have or what job you will secure! Wake up folks.
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I don't think I"m gonna have kids.... but If we could it would be:

BOY: Damien Michael
    GIRL: Shelby Lynn
  • simplythefreakingbest
    Options
    quite surprised not to see my girls names up there when I picked them they weren't popular but times change hey!!

I have Summer Grace and Violet (Lettie) Hope :)

If i'm ever blessed with another I love Patrick for a boy and Merida for a girl (depends how popular after disneys brave :( )
  • boperoni10
    boperoni10 Posts: 3,034
    Options
    @kaaO2c
    why so angry?
    Even your photo looks angry?

Its all just opionions, no need to get upset.
    My son has a common name, but i am not going to take it personally that you dont like them.
    Relax...Enjoy!
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Jax, Clay, Tyg, Juice, Chibs
    C'mon we both know the only decent name up there is Jax's lol... Well Tyg is a cute name, but only if it's a nickname. That being said, *coughs* my 11 month old son's name is Jaxon ;) Not just after the character, but a couple other reasons too :D.
    My 3 yr old daughter's name is Mariah.
    Ps. Did you watch last Tuesday's episode? TYG is soooooooooooo grosssss!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    John, James, David, William for a boy.

And yes, I'm white, boring, and think trendy names are silly.

I don't really have any favorite names to say, but a baby book name is great, one with the "top ten for the last 5 years" is preferable.
    Don't choose any of those.

Don't add your own little cutesy artistic flair.

Don't give them a name so their nickname can be "___" if you want to name your kid maci (may-cee) don't name them madeline.

It is *their* name. They have to put up with it at school, in the work force and all 500 million forms they will have to fill out their entire life. Not you. They will also have their named called 5 million times, So don't give them on that is hard to read, pronounce, or has five syllables and a '.

Names will reflect them on their resume. Employers have hundreds of applicants for every job and yes, they look at names.
    "We already have 5 Johns in this office..neeext"

A name that can fit either gender.

The name of a city

If it's a traditional name, use traditional spelling.

Say the name out loud... holler the name as if you're calling the kid. Do you sound ridiculous?

The first name shouldn't be a dead person's name. You can honor that person with the middle name. Those are some big shoes to fill as it is.

There are nice names out there that aren't boring but aren't super common.

I like the name Paul, Scott and Mariah/ Melanie and sophia .. though some of them have recently become popular.

Agreed!!!
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My baby girls name is Aviana :) Avi-ah-na is how we pronounce it
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    Jaxon (Boy)
    yae yae! Jaxon Christopher
    1. My husband's grandpa that raised him passed away in 2009 and his name was Jack.
    2. I love the nickname Jax (from SOA)
    3. I love the character Jax ;) (Mine and my husband's favorite show)
    4. Christopher is my husband's first name.

He was almost a Riley or Deakon (as in Deacon Frost from Blade) lol
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    My sons are named Gregory and Donovan.

I also liked Gabriel, Zachary, and Xavier.

If I ever have girls they would be either Caitlyn, Rhiannon, or Veronica (Ronnie).
  • karlupe
    karlupe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my son is Luka and my daughter Petra, transleted in english it will be Luke and , hmmm not really sure about my daughter name its womens version of name Peter, if I have more kids it will be Filip (eng. Philip) and/or Mihaela (eng. Michaela)
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    I like Thalia, Aja, Lahna, Dahlia, Bella, Nadia for girls..

I like Dalton, Deakon, Dean, Aaron, Tyson....Damn it, I can't remember what the name was I liked almost as much as Jaxon. Ugh! After I named my son I never thought about it again.
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    My baby girls name is Aviana :) Avi-ah-na is how we pronounce it
    That's a beautiful name.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    When I was choosing the names of my children I thought about when they grew up. What names could be both fun and professional.
    It would be hard to picture something like "Please welcome the President of the United States, Bambi Smith." I just don't think so.

My daughter is Catherine (I figured with that name she could be anything (lawyer, doctor, chef, actress, etc).
    My son is named Gregori.
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    My sons name is Michael Elijah..not original.many many Michaels out there....
    My daughters name is Alaina Rose

Names i like now for a boy: Issac, Seth, or Shelton (family name)
    for a girl: Olivia, Jazlyn, Josslyn
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I think the most important thing to remember is: It is your CHILD'S name. Not your dog's name, or the name of the city where you honeymooned. That child will grow up to be an adult one day, and want to be taken seriously. Your kid's name should not be the time you choose to express your own individuality and creativity. It's THEIR time, not yours, so don't pick something trendy that shows how cool and "with it" the kid's parents thought they were at the time.

My cousin named her boy Kyler. KyLER?? What, are we just MAKING UP names, now?? Adding random letters to a perfectly good existing name? She's retarded. And just like I predicted, the kid HATES his name. Refuses to answer to it. What was the point, I ask? All it proves is, ten years after the fact, she was dumb enough to have jumped on the "I-want-to-show-everyone-how-hip-I-am by-giving my-kid a-ridiculous-androgynous-non-name" bandwagon.

My mom always said, imagine them wanting to be a newscaster or weatherman. "And now, let's hear the weather from ____" If it sounds unprofessional or retarded, rethink it, cuz chances are your kid will hate you for it.
  • LeeLee0415
    Options
    If its a girl Noelle, not many ppl have that name. Boy Noah or Calvin
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Umm, so what's the problem with an apostrophe in the name? Irish names have apostrophes. So what exactly are you referring to, ethnic names? As for nicknames, many cultures give nicknames that actually could go for their first names. Hence why they have that box titled "Other names Used/Nicknames" on Job applications. Huh, we won't even get on the Honey Boo Boo issue.

When is this ignorant world going to wake up? It is just a name. Who the h*** cares if their parents want to put an artistic flair on it by spelling it differently, hyphenating it, putting all different kinds of syllables in it. Our names make us unique individuals. Who wants to go through life with a common name when no one is a common individual. Simply put a name does not determine what kind of quality of life you'll have or what job you will secure! Wake up folks.

I agree with your second point, that your name does not determine who you are or what quality of life you're going to have. And I do think that people get used to names that seem unusual/uncommon at first.
    These are nice ideas in the abstract.
    The problem is that we all have to live in the real world. The problem is that it is annoying to have to constantly spell your name, constantly see it mis-spelt or mispronounced. That might not seem to be a big deal to you, but it's annoyed me all my life - and my name is pretty conventional, just not spelt in the way that people expect.
    And if people looked at my name and thought I was going to be male because I have a "boys" name ... then that would bother me too.
  • How about something nice and simple and NOT summit silly that when the baby reaches school age that the other kids take the micky out of - it aint fair :happy: