Advice needed, from a very worried Mom! please help?

Options
1235»

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i am so happy to hear your son is okay. i don't have children so i can't even begin to imagine the worry/panic/pain you were going through for those days.

you can smile a bit knowing his coworkers are going to have fun with teasing him about his mom calling work. :)
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm relieved he's okay, but maybe he COULDN'T call you. That could be the nature of his job, since he's in security and can't give you any details about any of it. Sometimes they have to go off the radar for a while. I know it's hard, but maybe you should get used to not hearing him for stretches at a time. Perhaps you can befriend his girlfriend, and she can let you know when he's going to be out of touch for 1-2 weeks so you don't worry. Or, ask him to let you know so you don't wonder where he is all that time. When my boyfriend and I go on vacation, I tell my parents they won't hear from me for a week or two since we're going to be out of town. I call them as soon as I get home.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear he's okay. Give him a clip round the ear next time you see him (followed by a big hug, I'm sure!).
  • kgprncss01
    kgprncss01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    So glad he is okay :) It's part of our job as a Mum to worry about the kids no matter how old or where in the world they are.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest for all you people that have supported me with your help..

The girl he went on holiday with for a few days was not his `girlfriend` but a girl friend. So this is why I don`t know her, she may even be in the same line of work as him I really don`t know.

His last girlfriend from about 1 year ago, I do actually keep in touch with as she was a lovely girl :ohwell: things don`t always last, wish that they had, as she was like a daughter I never had!!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest for all you people that have supported me with your help..

The girl he went on holiday with for a few days was not his `girlfriend` but a girl friend. So this is why I don`t know her, she may even be in the same line of work as him I really don`t know.

His last girlfriend from about 1 year ago, I do actually keep in touch with as she was a lovely girl :ohwell: things don`t always last, wish that they had, as she was like a daughter I never had!!

No need at all to explain. At that age I never told my parents about any of my boyfriends until they got to a point where it was 'meet the parents', which very few ever made it to! If I had gone AWOL they wouldn't have had details on who to contact.

Must be really difficult to be a mum yet let your children be independent and have their own lives. Must be even more difficult with boys! I phone my mum almost every day but she is lucky to hear from my brother (who lives in Australia) once every two months.

Just really glad your son is safe.
  • annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh no, sorry to hear the appetitie is back, You had probably hoped it would stay missing
    for a bit longer, right? Wouldn't we all! The supply of celery and carrot sticks is at the
    ready in the fridge I trust. Some vigorous crunching could do wonders in a lot of ways.
    Have a lovely, calm weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • katie070563
    Options
    So glad to hear that all is well, have a good weekend
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    I am glad all is well- I am a mom, and understand worrying- but I went out of contact many times from age 17-24 for far longer than 10 days!!! Children will eventually pull away, and, though it isn't what parents want, it is normal. Chances are that he has you as an emergency contact somewhere, or someone else close to you is one, so if something bad were to happen, chances are good that you will be notified.
    He is 24, not 16!! ;)