Replies

• krissy0511
    krissy0511 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love this, thanks for sharing!:smile:
  • brianfmatthews
    brianfmatthews Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OK - can someone please explain 'cotton is evil' to this n00b?

ditto!

Wet a cotton t-shirt and try to run in it. It sticks to your skin and is not a pleasant experience.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • getfitjourney
    getfitjourney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love this!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! Gonna print it out and hang it up somewhere (along with the picture I found recently of the rhino on the treadmill with a picture of a unicorn taped next to it)

Cotton holds moisture, makes you clammy, and causes chaffing. Get a technical (moisture-wicking) material for pretty much every article of clothing you want to run in. I will admit that I often run in cotton undies, but my capris, shirts, sports bras, socks, and all my winter layers are ALL moisture-wicking.

As for rest day, that varies by runner. Yes, you need to take a rest day, regardless of what level you're at. However, some people like to have a "cross-training" rest day - instead of running, they will swim or bike ride or something. If you're going to cross-train on your "rest" day, then you need to actually CROSS-train, ie, work completely different muscles than the major running ones. If you choose to walk, take it REALLY easy. Remember to still stretch after whatever you do.
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm a "baby" runner (5 weeks into it haha). Sounds like my new list of rules to live by!! Thanks :bigsmile:
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this! Love it!!
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i dig it!
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Awesome & Thank you For Sharing:):) :heart:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Like hell Ill covet my neighbors medals all I want
  • stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    LOL at 10
  • FloridasFinest
    Options
    Bump...so I can view it later from home. Stupid work computer won't let me see it. Grrrr.
  • tritostayfit
    Options
    Have you ever been chaffed to the point that you bleed? Wear cotton against your skin and you will see just how uncomfortable it can be..

ditto!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Think of the sweat! :noway:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Cotton holds moisture, makes you clammy, and causes chaffing. Get a technical (moisture-wicking) material for pretty much every article of clothing you want to run in. I will admit that I often run in cotton undies, but my capris, shirts, sports bras, socks, and all my winter layers are ALL moisture-wicking.

Thank you. As I've only started running after it got cooler, I haven't been sweating that much, and most of my shirts are technical shirts, so I haven't experienced an issue. I will keep it in mind for later though.
  • ngoethe
    ngoethe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love it! <3
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    <3