I lost 60 lbs at age 51, Anyone Can, Any Workout

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• AuntShanna
    AuntShanna Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this. I am 5'1" and starting my weightloss adventure over. I have hit a new high of 184.8 lbs.... I have tried and tried to lose weight with most "diet plans" and I never get very far... they want me to eat 1400-2000 calories on a 5'1" frame... it SO doesn't work. Your story is so inspirational/ motivational to me... Thank you so much for sharing it.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Great work in your diet and training but once you follow the links it does tend to feel like this post is a feeder link intended to promote advertising for the Venus Index programs and products.

It does happen to be part of my story, if I found another some other workout than that would have been part of my story instead. I can't change my history. But you can accomplish the same thing doing other workouts and changing things up and eating at a deficit. My main intent is to encourage other woman especially older women who have struggled like I did and society says to give up this is what happens when you get older like us. I'm a retired lady and completely a volunteer. Take it or leave it. I have nothing to gain or lose either way. I know people are suspicious and even surprised that I am a volunteer deputy and write fitness articles as a volunteer. My whole life is volunteerism at the moment and I'm proud of it. Someday soon I might be getting a job in the fitness field and then I won't be on here helping people for free and I guess you all will be glad that I am gone.
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspirational story! Thanks for sharing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    wow
  • katzav
    katzav Posts: 67
    Options
    speechless!
  • MattBoySlim
    MattBoySlim Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    wow awesome job
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    I'm pretty happy to still be here and still maintaining going on 5 years now. :smiley:
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Although I think my words back when I originally posted here were pretty clumsy. I was so excited. I've come a long way in that category now too. Back when I posted this thread I wasn't working and now I am actually an online coach, brand ambassador, and fitness author for three different companies. And I won't say who they are on here because it does not matter! I've been loyal on MFP all by itself.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you've re shared this post. It's so inspiring! I want to be like you when I grow up.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    In the end I actually lost 85 pounds :)
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are an amazing inspiration! Especially to this fellow short woman.. Congratulations!
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    DocMeagan wrote: »
    WOW! You are an amazing inspiration! Especially to this fellow short woman.. Congratulations!

Never lose hope. Never give up! <3

• jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You've had an amazing journey and this is very inspirational for anyone 50 years and older!!!
  • khill5555
    khill5555 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!