Snacks in the workplace

Options
2»

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    -Bring your own snacks
    -Realize it is ok to enjoy a treat once in a while, food is not evil, and you are in complete control
    -Also realize that others won't or don't have to change, you're the one who wants the change.
    -If it isn't work...it'll be somewhere else. Build up that willpower now.
  • heater26
    Options
    IS it right by your desk / area?

I know at my work which is very similar there is always food available...mostly cookies and brownies and stuff.... but most the time it is out of sight and out of mind.... If it is your sight, unfortunate for you I would say your going to need alot more will power than me for example where I would have to leave my desk in order to get / see it....but I mean as everyone is saying... Just dont get any...

I know its much easier said than done, It's just going to take practice and will to break the habit.

Lol, i can see it and smell it. Must.be.strong.

...also went with eye patch. Keep you posted.
  • skuggevik
    skuggevik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also of the "out of sight, out of mind" philosophy. If you keep yourself satisfied with healthy snacks, eating at least every 3-4 hours, then it's easier to withstand the temptations. Just try and never go in the room or near it. That's the best advice I can give.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i started bringing my own.
  • socko6774
    socko6774 Posts: 200
    Options
    have you thought of cutting your hands off?
  • heater26
    Options

The thought did cross my mind, but then I glanced over at my bobbing for apples championship trophy.
  • socko6774
    socko6774 Posts: 200
    Options

The thought did cross my mind, but then I glanced over at my bobbing for apples championship trophy.

lol
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I realise this is a bit of an old thread, but I have just walked into the office lunchroom to find 3 different types of biscuits/cookies AND a fruit cake! Also, crackers.

There is also a big bowl of fresh fruit, which is nice.

But no wonder a colleague (and person new to an office environment) stacked on 6kg in 3 months!