NSV - My couch to 5k journey

Options
2»

Replies

• maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oh that is awesome! Congratulations to you. I love that program, I am on W8. It is a miracle to me that at my age I can do this! Love that feeling, don't you??
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You'll do great!
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments. It is amazing to me how much our minds can truly hold us back. I also find it amazing that such a simple plan can help so many people.

Good luck to all of you and all I can say is to keep at it. I had to redo week 4 because i started it and then had to travel for work. I have given up on way too many things in my life, so I am determined to see this to the end.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I got to week 7 maybe a week or two ago and straight up stopped using the app on my phone. Today I jogged for nearly an hour, and I went almost 5 miles. I jogged the first 45 minutes, only stopping to wait to cross the street, and then I walked for another 15 or so minutes. The first few weeks I could barely run for two minutes at a time. This program totally works :)

Oh, and I stopped using the app not because I quit the program, but because I don't need to waste the battery on my phone. The app was very useful for the beginning when it involved the walking and jogging intervals, but once you get towards the end it's just straight jogging for long blocks of time and I don't really need an app to tell me once 25 minutes has elapsed, I just use the watch on my HRM.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Enjoy this moment and strive for the next!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    awesome, I just down loaded c25k this morning, haven't started it yet, scared I will fail, and wish it had music to the tempo!!

Congratulations on your great accomplishment!!
  • JennyJStewart
    JennyJStewart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started the C25K this summer and I was very scared of failing as well - but I have kept on. I am also on week five and my next run is the 20 min non stop...and it scares me. But you encourage me to try anyways. My son also stared the program and yesterday ran his first 5k!!! He came home feeling like a million bucks! I can't wait to catch up to him. :)
  • CandiceScott69
    CandiceScott69 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I use the Zen Labs free C25K app, it allows you to play your iPod music during the program. The music does not interfere with the cues from the program. I start week three tomorrow.
    I do have a question for those of you that have finished the program. We're you able to finish faster than 8 weeks? I want to be able to do a 5K by tithe end of the month. I am hoping that I can push fast enough to make it.
  • mommeex6
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!! I'm at the end of week 1 - so this is very encouraging news for me! I am so afraid I'll lose motivation and quit. I'm a expert at justifying reasons I can't or don't have time for things.

Thanks for posting... you just made my day! Best wishes to you!!
  • squigglypuff
    Options
    I use the Zen Labs free C25K app, it allows you to play your iPod music during the program. The music does not interfere with the cues from the program. I start week three tomorrow.
    I do have a question for those of you that have finished the program. We're you able to finish faster than 8 weeks? I want to be able to do a 5K by tithe end of the month. I am hoping that I can push fast enough to make it.

I used Zen Labs as well, but I didn't like it because it would "forget" that I completed some days and I would be like "wtf, I did week 5 day 2 yesterday, why is it making me do it again?" I stopped using the program at week 7 and could run 5k in about 35 minutes. I don't know my exact time because I don't really care (lol) but I do plan on eventually trying to compete in a 5k race.
  • squigglypuff
    Options
    I also want to add that I didn't follow the program exactly as described. Some weeks I ran every day and didn't take rest days. Other weeks I only made it out to run once.
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    congrats! looks like youa re I are on the same schedule :). I am on Wk 5 day 2...I have a goal to run a 5K on my b-day in nov..as my gift to myself!!

Good luck to you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!