• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    no.

there's nothing wrong with bagels.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Eat the bagel! Go on, do it! MMM, delicious bagel. Add cream cheese or butter. It will be soooooo tasty.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have a bagel every day for lunch, and I have still reached my target weight, and am quite healthy. It's never even occurred to me to see bagels as a bad food. They're great. :-)
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I agree with the 1/4 bagel strategy, I used to on some days eat 2 full bagels, now 1/4 is fine, in fact I pre cut all the bagles and put them in the fridge.
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    tell yourself "i DO NOT eat bagels"

(people are more likely to stick to things of which they've declared themselves. I like "I do NOT skip workouts!")

Also, I can forward you my fat pictures - bagels helped me get there...

^^ This is the best thing I learnt today. I am going to tell myself indefinitely- "I do NOT skip my workouts!" ; " I DO keep a very regular account of what I eat".
    Thank you so much for this!
  • servingsarcasm
    servingsarcasm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Another option for bagel lovers is Western Bagels 2.0 The alternative bagel, they are yummy bagels that are only 120 calories. You can buy them at Walmart or online, they also have pitas and english muffins that are awesome.

http://www.westernbagel.com/buy_online_the_alternative_bagel.php
  • SeeShelle3
    SeeShelle3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: So happy to hear you didn't eat the bagel and opted for saving your calories for a night out. Hope it went well for you. You probably could have eaten/drank a couple of things that equaled that bagel and cream cheese you gave up. Good choice! Be proud of yourself. It's so empowering to CHOOSE rather than feel the LOST OF CONTROL with food. Next time you may choose the 1/2 bagel or even the whole bagel - but make it a planned choice. :drinker: