Driver License Weight

Options

Replies

• Csengure
    Csengure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh, man. Mine hadn't been updated in ages. Every time I went in for a renewal they just filled in whatever it said before instead of asking me. Meanwhile I kept getting larger. I never thought it was a huge (hah) deal until the last time, when I got the DOL's Overachiever of the Year who actually asked what my weight was. I told him the truth, that I didn't know because at the time I didn't own a scale. This set him off big time and he gave me a loud, rude, condescending lecture about how it had to be accurate because if I was in an accident, first responders would look at my license to determine how much I weighed so they'd know how to medicate me. He was adamant about this. I left in tears.

Now I'm smaller than the estimate he humiliated me into making, so I feel I got the last laugh.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Oh, man. Mine hadn't been updated in ages. Every time I went in for a renewal they just filled in whatever it said before instead of asking me. Meanwhile I kept getting larger. I never thought it was a huge (hah) deal until the last time, when I got the DOL's Overachiever of the Year who actually asked what my weight was. I told him the truth, that I didn't know because at the time I didn't own a scale. This set him off big time and he gave me a loud, rude, condescending lecture about how it had to be accurate because if I was in an accident, first responders would look at my license to determine how much I weighed so they'd know how to medicate me. He was adamant about this. I left in tears.

Now I'm smaller than the estimate he humiliated me into making, so I feel I got the last laugh.
    That's not true. My best friend is an emt and he said he's never once looked at a drivers lisence. And we do list them in our state. The guy was prolly just being a jerk.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    License renewal is a dull job. If the workers realised their jobs are mostly a waste of taxpayer money, they'd hate their jobs and the public even more than they do now.

Get rid of height and weight.
    Make it last until the driver is 70 years old.
    Make it so the police have to give you 5 days notice if they want to see it.
  • cjroberts08
    Options
    I am officially under my weight as well...I'm surprised they let me say cause on my license it says 250, but at the time of my picture I was around 305 lbs.. I guess it goes to show that once people get around 250 or 300 lbs it is harder for other people to estimate,..
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    wow, did i ever love that feeling the first time. another great moment was when a store asked me for a second ID because i looked nothing like my license photo; the cashier actually called a manager. i cheerfully explained that i'd lost more than 100 pounds. that was awesome.
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    LOL this thread is funny. My goal weight is actually my drivers license weight. I've never changed my weight ever since I got my first license at 16 (12 years ago) lol. At my heaviest last year I was 198. Now I'm 170 and my license weight says 140.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    That is great!

I had to renew my drivers license in September. For the first time since I have had my license, I put down my true weight. Now, 4 weeks later, my weight is wrong again, but this time it is over my true weight. Hopefully, next time I renew it, I will be able to list my goal weight.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I just got my permit and lied about my weight. :P I have 24 pounds before I get there, but I've been at the weight before and know I'll be there in a few months.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The last time I flew was in August (to visit a fellow MFPer!) Anyway, the TSA agent looked at my license, looked at me, looked at my license again and said, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight!" While I appreciated the comment, I was getting a little worried that she wouldn't let me through security. I'm thinking I may take my passport with me on my next trip since that picture is much more current.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I went to get my passport recently and when the clerk looked at my DL, she said "Wow! You've lost weight!" I wanted to hug her, but I thought that might be inappropriate. In 90 more pounds, I just hope I can still use both IDs.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My pic was at 282, I told them 232, and now I'm 182...and NO ONE has ever questioned it. Not that I use it often, but COME ON! LOL
  • RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When you turn 21 here you get a different license (or at least you did when I turned 21). My weight listed hasn't changed since then. It'll be awhile until I get back down there but OH BOY am I looking forward to it!
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I lied on mine too - I was probably 20 pounds heavier than it says. Now I weigh 40 pounds less than my license weight! I think it's common. I just didn't like telling people how much I weighed :(.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    YAHOO! That is fantastic!

My goal is my driver's license weight as well! Can't imagine going below it!

TRUE Story: I asked at the DMV if I could be charged with anything for stating the wrong weight! Nope. Ok, I said. Lie and keep it the same please!!!! :)
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I never look at my license. It's face side down in my wallet so I don't have to see the horrific picture every time I open it. I just looked at it because I have no idea what the weight was on there. Apparently I'm a delusional liar, because I would be lucky to ever weigh my listed weight!
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    LOL My Christmas goal is to be within 5 lbs of my DL weight of 170. First time in like...oh....(let me do the math here)....

at least 18 years.

ATM I am about 15lbs heavier than my license at 185 lbs.

If I can get below? OMG

BEST XMAS EVAH!!!!
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    My reward when I get to my final weight is to go in and get a new Driver's License. New photo, new weight!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to get to my DL weight!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    They don't list weight on a New York drivers license. I'm not really sure what the point would be to list that considering it's just not a valid way to identify a large percentage of the population who isn't consistent in their weight.
  • GaPeachRealtor
    Options
    Well, Well, I upped mine this year to 220 from 175 since high school. But between me and MFP I'm 250ish LOL

Next time I'm sticking to my goal weight on my license!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!