#$@*& Keurig Machine!!!

Options
Our beloved Keurig machine just died! :sad:

Does anyone have any suggestions for other single-serve coffee machines, or should we just buy a new one?

We've had it for about 2 1/2 years.

:drinker:

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    get another one! I got a coupon in the newspaper for 35-50 off a new one :)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'd buy another. I don't know how I'd live without the one I keep in my office...
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    My mother in law has one that does two cups of coffee at a time in separate cups, and it can do large travel mugs or regular sized cups.

A lot cheaper than a keurig.
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Get another. I loved mine.. hubby wasn't as keen on it though so it's been retired until I can sway him back *lol*
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'd just buy a new one. They're so awesome and I haven't seen another brand that compares! Plus 2 1/2 years is a pretty good lifespan, assuming you used it often. They're only just over $100 right? That's a pretty good deal for a few years of use!
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss :( lol! I know this is silly, and you've probably tried it already, but mine stops working from time to time, and unplugging it for a while fixes it. Worth a shot if you haven't yet?

If not, definitely buy a new one! I'd be lost without my beloved Keurig :love:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I cant live without mine, but I would contact Keurig they might have repair/replace warranty for it.
    I have had mine 6 yrs no issues other than regular rinsing through with vinegar.
    Mine was acting up, I had to fiddle with the needle that pierces the kcups then it worked again.
    If not I would buy a new machine.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'd get another. I freaking love my Keurig. It's probably my favorite kitchen gadget ever. Even more than my kitchen-aide mixer.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Our beloved Keurig machine just died! :sad:

Does anyone have any suggestions for other single-serve coffee machines, or should we just buy a new one?

We've had it for about 2 1/2 years.

:drinker:

Where did you get it from?
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Get a new one. Totally worth it!
  • Leah2975
    Leah2975 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss :( lol! I know this is silly, and you've probably tried it already, but mine stops working from time to time, and unplugging it for a while fixes it. Worth a shot if you haven't yet?

If not, definitely buy a new one! I'd be lost without my beloved Keurig :love:
    I agree! Mine does the same thing. Unplug it overnight!
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    I drink too much coffee for a keurig machine to be a fiscally sound purchase! I love my 14 cup kitchen aid coffee pot though!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Yeah , I would for sure say get a new one!! I drink entirely too much coffee for a single serving.
  • hobbitgrrl
    hobbitgrrl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would definitely buy another Keurig. My machine was part of a recall, so I had to send in the plug for my recalled unit, after which they sent me a replacement unit. While I was waiting for the replacement, I used my traditional coffee maker and it just wasn't the same. When it finally arrived, I had the replacement unit out of the box and brewing in about 5 minutes flat, LOL. I love my Keurig. <3
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Get another one! We did that immediately after finding out that it died. We had ours for 3 years though. It's just such a lovely machine. :)
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    But they create so much waste :sad: Many municipal recycling facilities do not accept #5 (which k-cups, among many other products are made from) and they just end up in the landfills. [/highhorse]

I just make a whole regular pot of coffee... and then drink said pot all by myself :drinker:
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    First I'd try unplugging it as someone else suggested. (ya know... like the IT guys telling you to shut your computer off and turn it back on!)
    Then I'd contact Keurig. I did a ton of research before I bought one for my Mom and one for me... one of the reasons I went with a Keurig was good reputation of customer service (although I have never needed it, knock wood!)
    Lastly, if you have to get a new one, read all the reviews on the Keurig site. When I did that, I learned NOT to buy the top-of-the-line one but to get a sturdier, more reliable second level one. That was a while ago, so things have probably changed.
    Hope this helps, and hope you're brewing again soon! I love the fall flavors!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Get a new one. Most awesome coffee maker ever!
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    But they create so much waste :sad: Many residential recycling companies do not accept #5 (which k-cups, among many other products are made from) and they just end up in the landfills. [/highhorse]

I just make a whole regular pot of coffee... and then drink said pot all by myself :drinker:

But if you are a creative type then they really don't add anymore waste. :wink:

The cleaned out K-cups work great for seed starter cups if you are into creative gardening. *lol*

Or, for the non-creative, you could just use the Keurig reusable K-cup filter instead of the pre-filled K-cups.
    :laugh: Sorry.. Craft Nerd here *lol*
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    But they create so much waste :sad: Many municipal recycling facilities do not accept #5 (which k-cups, among many other products are made from) and they just end up in the landfills. [/highhorse]

Only if you use the pre-filled K-cups. My husband and I adore our Keurig. We both have the My K-cup that you fill with any coffee, then brew, rinse after use and use again. It is better for us because we rarely want a cup at the same time, but we both drink lots of coffee.