What is your new rule for weight loss???

Options

Replies

• Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Oh...........and

JUST
    DONT
    STOP

catexercisetodaymovetolefttommovetoright.jpg
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    1) Never do steady-state cardio every again.
    2) Cut myself if I binge.

I'm joking about (2). I just read this on a pro ana website. :noway: (Was doing research to figure out if someone has anorexia before you ask what I was doing googling "pro ana".)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    1) Never do steady-state cardio every again.
    2) Cut myself if I binge.

I did a little reading about that stuff some years ago myself...terrifying!

I'm joking about (2). I just read this on a pro ana website. :noway: (Was doing research to figure out if someone has anorexia before you ask what I was doing googling "pro ana".)
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    "Terrifying" is a good word. I thought the site I found was being funny but realised it was a serious site.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Mine is to not eat after 8pm

Eating at night for me is my biggest problem so i have decided to become more disciplined and not eat at night

What about u ?

Mine is "How can you have your pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Of course, I'm not a huge pudding fan, so when I say pudding, it's simply a euphemism for "yummy dessert." Usually it's cookies or cake. :laugh:
  • mustikas6
    mustikas6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don’t have any strict rules, because if I had, I know I would break them and that in turn would cause unnecessary stress. In general, I try to prepare my own meals, stay in my daily calorie limit, and make sure I have a little bit of sweets (chocolate) often enough to prevent huge cravings.
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    Eat more and focus on getting enough protein. I am currently trying to build muscle.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    From :smile: Pink Floyd if I recall correctly , WendyTerry
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Not to beat myself up when I over eat or get off my 'fitness' schedule. I've learned that this is what stunted my 'fitness' growth in the past. If I overate just once or didnt workout, I would throw the baby out with the bathwater. I dont do that anymore, I give myself forgiveness and realize that life is gonna happen and that sometimes its worth it. YOU CAN get back on track. Also be honest with yourself about what you eat, your body cannot be fooled it will pay you back.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Not to beat myself up when I over eat or get off my 'fitness' schedule. I've learned that this is what stunted my 'fitness' growth in the past. If I overate just once or didnt workout, I would throw the baby out with the bathwater. I dont do that anymore, I give myself forgiveness and realize that life is gonna happen and that sometimes its worth it. YOU CAN get back on track. Also be honest with yourself about what you eat, your body cannot be fooled it will pay you back.

True, true,true
  • 192orbust
    Options
    Eat clean, train hard, live life and have fun. My mantra. . .
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Kagami_Taiga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've got a few. No junk food, no processed food, no sugary drinks, eat lean meats, unless special occasion no alcohol, walk if possible.

That's all I can think of for now. Also, eat a tonne of vegetables.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a rule, more like an awareness that has gradually come on over the past several years of life, and the stuff that I have made it thru. These 2 realizations apply to every challenge in my life, not just weight loss.

1. Grow up and accept responsibility for my life. Where I am now, good or bad, is due to either an action on my part, or a reaction on my part. I may not have complete control over everything that happens in my life, but I do have control over how I respond to them. If I don't like something about my life, I have the power to either change it if possible, or to change my attitude towards it, if not possible. I cannot blame others for my choices. I cannot blame circumstances for failure.

and

2. Life is not fair. I cannot compare my life and my situation to others. I play the hand I am dealt. I may have to work harder and eat less than some others to reach my weight and health goals, but I WILL reach them if I continue to make the right choices for ME.

No pity parties allowed- JUST DO IT!
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    don't drink your calories
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

^^^Excellent rule!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    As much as I honestly hate to admit this ... no more alcohol. It makes me make bad choices!
  • darrensurrey
    Options

Oh, yes, forgot that one.
  • mfabris
    mfabris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat clean. Drink water. Get Movin now
  • Mzaka04
    Mzaka04 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To cook more and log every piece of food that goes in my mouth rather good or bad!
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Encourage others!