Has this happened to you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I just started with a trainer, I love leg workouts the most.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Leg day is my favorite day.
  • jaegoffe
    Options
    Only time you need to squat is when you take a dump :L
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Haha I love the dudes at the gym with the tiny leg and buff upper bodies...

friend-dont-let-friends-skip-leg-day.jpg
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    There's a triangle shaped officer at the gym at our job. I sort of shamed him into getting legs going a bit.

I will refrain from reciting every single lift I've done in the past 6 years in order to highlight why Officer Triangle started adding a couple few leg exercises to the list. Suffice it to say that it is a LONG list.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    That said about squats, I'll do leg presses, but I won't go more than 20lbs with a kettle bell when it comes to squats because I have hip problems and it makes it flare up. I can work the muscles other ways. It might not have the same precise look, but hey! I can walk pain free! I use (total) 20lbs for lunges.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have a "Death to Legs" work out day i do once in a while. it is squats, goblet squats, dumb bell squats, dead lifts, romanian dead lifts, sumo dead lifts, good mornings, leg press, leg curls, and tons of body weight squats, lunges, and Toyotas.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Most gym rats have great guns and stick stick stick legs....
    LOL.. yes. For most, they'd rather put the incline up on the treadmill (without holding on I hope) or the resistance on the elliptical. To each there own, but for me, lifting just isn't the same if you're not doing something for the legs.

Then again, how many gym rats do you see with huge upper bodies and stick legs? (too many)
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I recently had this discussion with a co-worker. He was bragging about his "killer" leg workout on the Smith machine. In his defense, he does have some decent mass on him, but jeez, dude, really? I was trying to explain the benefits of squats versus the Smith machine, when he interrupted with, "And why should I take powerlifting advice from a hundred-pound girl?"

Um, well, maybe because I'm a 125-pound competitive powerlifter who currently holds a state record, but hey, what do I know? He's only worked there a little while, and I don't talk much about my little hobby, so he had no idea who he was talking to. Good luck with your leg goals there, Skippy! Some people............
  • brennsie
    Options
    hahahaha that's actually pretty funny.

I can't say that has happened to me (because I run so much, leg conditioning is necessary). That definitely happens to some of my friends though :P
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    ROFL!!

In all truth, My Death Squat Routine on the Smith Machine a.k.a Sir Smith, is my FAVORITE... Next to my Torso Torture on the Smith Machine... Unless I combine them in one day - for those days when you just don't know what you want to work more so it's Multi-Torture... And Sunday just happens to be one of those days :wink:

Oh, it hurts so good!

Death squats indeed. Smith machine is pretty much an injury machine. Human body isn't meant to move the way the Smith machine forces it to move. Squat without it, for the sake of your health.

In response to the amount of the lifts w/out Smith, I haven't paid attention, I just add weight until it feels right & I take the legs to fatigue on hardcore days or just to comfort level (I have dumbbells as well as a bar with several plates for home use). I use the Smith as an aide to avoid losing balance on my off days (multiple car accidents caused damage & I refused the surgery that gave me the 50/50 chance of walking or wheeling out of the hospital) and what I do on the Smith has been approved by PT & PFT; it comes down to posture & knowing WHAT you're working & WHY makes a difference on ANY machine one uses.
    In the end, I see my legs, they're cut & built so I'm doing something right somewhere along the way.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Haha I love the dudes at the gym with the tiny leg and buff upper bodies...

friend-dont-let-friends-skip-leg-day.jpg

Hahaha, I actually saw one of these people the other day and I almost cracked up laughing - I'd never really noticed them hanging out at the gym until I started looking into lifting :tongue:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Bumping