Replies

• Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Thank you!! :smile:
  • jabmzmom
    Options
    That is awesome!! I just started using an app to run a 5K. I completed week one last week and start week 2 tonight.
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    hurrah. I have just started C25k. Feeling inspired.

Thank you so much!! Good luck on the C25K program (I've heard from a lot of people that it is an excellent program..good for you!!!!!) :smile:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    That is awesome!! I just started using an app to run a 5K. I completed week one last week and start week 2 tonight.

Thank you so much!! That is awesome!! (congrats on your accomplishments so far...you will do great!!!!)...Keep me posted on how your doing!! :smile:
  • ellrunner21
    ellrunner21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, well done you!! I ran my first 5k about 4 years ago (I hated running before then) and this coming Sunday I will be completing my 4th Half Marathon (and I ran a Marathon last April). Running is great ... it's free, it's not expensive, it helps shed the pounds and keeps you fit and most importantly IT MAKES YOU FEEL GREAT. Everyone who runs is doing it for their own reason and when you reach your goal, the feeling is immense.

So once again, well done on your first 5k and I look forward to hearing how your first HM goes too!!!

Keep on running ....... xx
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Way To Go!! :drinker: What was your time? If you don't mind sharing? Congratulations!

Thank you! (38.19)

Oops...should have been 38.18 :wink: :laugh:
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    That's fantastic, well done you!! I ran my first 5k about 4 years ago (I hated running before then) and this coming Sunday I will be completing my 4th Half Marathon (and I ran a Marathon last April). Running is great ... it's free, it's not expensive, it helps shed the pounds and keeps you fit and most importantly IT MAKES YOU FEEL GREAT. Everyone who runs is doing it for their own reason and when you reach your goal, the feeling is immense.

So once again, well done on your first 5k and I look forward to hearing how your first HM goes too!!!

Keep on running ....... xx

Thank you so much!!! (your 4th half marathon, & already completed a full marathon?? INCREDIBLE!!...great job!!!!) :smile: I agree, running is different than anything else I've done...it's that complete sense of accomplishment, & the feeling afterwards (and even the day after..lol) is incredible....I agree, the feeling is immense!! (this is my first running goal that I've accomplished...looking forward to working hard and trying to accomplish the half marathon goal).

Again, thank you....and look forward to hearing how your half marathon goes this Sunday (you will do amazing!!!!!) :smile:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Congrats!

Thank you so much :smile:
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Much applause to you!!

And I liked seeing your plan to work for a bit on your 5k time and prep for a 1/2M 6 months out. A good approach that will let your body continue to build up and reduce risks of overtraining or injury.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just competed in my first 5k Saturday 10/13. It is an awesome feeling!
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Congrats! Much applause to you!!

And I liked seeing your plan to work for a bit on your 5k time and prep for a 1/2M 6 months out. A good approach that will let your body continue to build up and reduce risks of overtraining or injury.

Thank you so much!!! (building my body up slowly for a half marathon is my plan because avoiding the risk of injury is so important, but working on building a better 5K speed is also a goal of mine) :smile:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Congrats! I just competed in my first 5k Saturday 10/13. It is an awesome feeling!

Thank you, & congrats on completing your first 5K also!! (I agree, a completely awesome feeling!!)..Way to go :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!