Have you ever met someone from MFP in person?

Options

Replies

• luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    No, but I think it would be awesome! I love my mfp friends! :heart:
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ladies do you prefer to have a male partner to work out with in the gym or you want a female?

Male. No offense to any females, but I find it exhausting going to the gym and lifting with most females...more often than not, all they do the whole time is either complain about the workout (and do the exercise at a snail's pace) or talk non-stop about things OTHER than what we're doing.

As far as meeting people from here...hmmmm, not too sure about that...I have a weird aversion about meeting people online (this includes dating websites)..

EDIT: Actually answered OP's question...
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Over a dozen! They've all been great people. Hardly any of them needed a second roofie. :wink:

Your van said "free candy"...I have yet to see any :grumble:
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have met a few friendly folk off here.

A small group met at a walking trail, it was a good time.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    On purpose - I've met Esvabelle. We had lunch once and then went to a football game another time. Lots of fun!

Sort of met kcwebguy. We were traveling to St Louis and ended up behind eachother on the highway. We talked on the phone for a bit. Fun stuff.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    no..but there is one particular person who I would love to meet in person :)
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    i think id be terrified if i came across a lot of the "people" on this site lol :noway:

edit: although i guess i should add that most of the people on my friends list in one room would make for some serious entertainment.

I agree.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I am this Friday! Woohooo!!!

Awwww Yeeahhhhhh!

woot woot!!
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have. I had my first MFP meet up back in August with two of my closest friends, and I just had two more of my besties come up to see me this past weekend. I had a lot of fun with them all. I've got plans to meet up with a bunch more in the coming months... Should be good times!
  • wrldtrvlr157
    Options
    I've met a few and look forward to meeting more. I only friend people with similar interests as me, so why not?
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Yes. I met one, and had an "almost meet" with another. All my MFP friends rock though, so would make an effort for any of them :)
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Not yet but counting the days ;)
  • trackstack
    trackstack Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If any of you in my area want to combine meeting someone from here with burning calories and shredding it up...add your name here :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/769498-circuit-bootcamp.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Yes! Several and they've all been amazing! I had a few IRL friends guide me to MFP and then I got to know more and more people on here so that when I went on vacation in August/September, I met up with 5 new people...my life will never be the same!

No it won't and that is the best part! yaya!

And yes, I have met a few and they have all been added to the list of people I need in my life!
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    I met one person. And yes, it was on purpose. We are now engaged. :)
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I'm married to someone that I met on MFP - so far so good. :happy:
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    I have met several in person...even went to Chicago to meet a couple...all of them have turned out great! I even have plans to meet another one of my friends today!!

Hey thats me.... I get to meet this awesome chicky today!!!!

about 3 others too .. pretty awesome so far :)
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    not yet but hopefully soon
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Only one, but I think he was a little weirded out by me being married. I just wanted someone to run with, talk about working out with (my husband doesn't work out, lol). Oh well!
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    so theres couples coming out of MFP?? haha thats really awesome!