Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5k run times

123457»

Replies

• amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    I did my first 5K on Saturday...just registering and finishing was a major accomplishment for me as I still have 50 lbs to lose and feel SO self-conscious running with people :-) My time was 44 minutes. I am signed up for another one on Thanksgiving morning....hoping that with training and focus I can edge closer to the 30's.
  • soultrain1913
    soultrain1913 Posts: 33 Member
    That is AWESOME! Congratulations! It took me 41 minutes on my first 5K. I'm currently in the 33-34 minute category now...trying to get to 30 minutes! Keep up the good work lady!!!
  • beachquilt
    beachquilt Posts: 39 Member
    I am 50 and just ran my first 2 5K's. The first was 36:32 and the second was 38:04. My husband and I have just started running this year and are really enjoying it. I was sad that my second race was slower but it was a good run - had a good pace and felt great the entire time. We have another 5K on Dec. 1 and I am hoping to beat my first 5K time! I LOVE running and being in races!!
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    I've run in two 5Ks. First was 30:20 and the second was 31:00 (my excuse was the miserable weather)
    I haven't ran since baby #2 but would like to eventually break 30.
  • 5K PR (or PB — which I don't use b/c it sounds like peanut butter! :) — 22:08. I want to run a sub 20 5K, but I'm working on breaking my 10K PR first (52 mins). Before that though, I gotta get back from an ankle sprain. Currently running 1-2x a week. Haven't lost speed, but haven't built much either. Avg. pace is 8:30/mi.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    This thread makes me want to run. My most recent 5K time was 28:01.
  • judcost
    judcost Posts: 33 Member
    My first 5K a year ago was 39 minutes, now im a sub 27 minutes :) Training and effort and youll produce, Have fun running!

Thanks great motivation!
  • judcost
    My first 5k was 43 mins (Sept 8, 2012), 2nd 5k was 33 mins (Oct 8, 2012). I have my 3rd in two weeks with a fellow MFP member. Can't wait!!!

Wow 10min in a month. Good job.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 350 Member
    My first 5k was just under 30 minutes. My PR from high school is 21:15, but I ran a 21:58 in May... I was the first female in which was a pretty awesome feeling. :)
    Other run times include: 10K 46:15
    half marathon: 1:42:32
    marathon: 3:56
    I really want to improve my marathon time!
    But in the meantime, I am working on doing less cardio and more strength, so we'll see. Good job everyone!
  • judcost
    I did my first 5K on Saturday...just registering and finishing was a major accomplishment for me as I still have 50 lbs to lose and feel SO self-conscious running with people :-) My time was 44 minutes. I am signed up for another one on Thanksgiving morning....hoping that with training and focus I can edge closer to the 30's.

Good job. Don't feel selfconscious. They're only thinking about finishing the race and it's often a boost to run with people. Makes you get out of that confort zone. You can do it!!!!!
  • Well done!
    My personal best is 24 minutes (this is 10 years ago), now I manage between 34 - 36 minutes, hope to improve soon
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    My time used to be under 28 minutes. Now, after foot surgery, I can only run for 20 minutes at a time. It's difficult to be patient until my endurance improves, but I'll never give up trying!!
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    First 5K in June was 31:02. Did one yesterday in 26:55. Not bad considering my goal for the year was under 28! I have a half next week Im hoping for under 2:15...but considering it goes up a mountain (1.5 miles @ 9% grade), I might be happy with 2:30 lol.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    My 19:15 PR was just after high school--a long time ago!

I blew my right ACL my freshman year of college and my left one a few years later. I didn't start running again until I was 41. I've been doing some interval training on and off the last few years and ran a 21:26 last November. I would like to get below 21:00 again.
  • krissy0511
    krissy0511 Posts: 10 Member
    First 5k was 2 years ago and I finished that 35:30, my most recent one I finished in 26:45. The next one is November 17 and want to finish in under 26 minutes. My first half marathon was in April and finished that in 2:05:35 and I will be running my second here on Sunday and hope to finish in under that time!
  • MMAGZ16
    MMAGZ16 Posts: 9 Member
    Ran my first and only 5k July 14th @ 195lbs (down 90lbs) at 27:48. NOW I have no clue how the heck that happened. Divine intervention I suppose.

JUST RAN MY 2ND 5K, MY TIME WAS 26:21 AT 182 LBS :)
  • scottjohnsonbcc
    scottjohnsonbcc Posts: 12 Member
    Well, I'm not running 5Ks yet but I ran my first 5 miles today! I'm really proud because I never thought I'd ever run or enjoy running but I do!

I did my first 5K exactly a month ago - age 44. Time was 26:44 - but I think that course was short - closer to just 3 miles, so it was probably closer to a 27:45 time. Ran a 4K race yesterday in 21:13, and like the above poster, ran 5 miles for first time in my life this morning, though my pace was slower and I'm sorer (about 10min/mile) - but must be some adrenaline to the races, because I always do better in race than my solo jogs/runs :)
  • kmorganlfc
    kmorganlfc Posts: 115 Member
    Just did my 1st 5k. Did it in 31m14s, which I'm really pleased about. I'm still about 3 stone overweight, so If I stick with the exercise and diet, I can see quite good times being done in the future.

:smile: