Last 10lbs Group - March Challenges

Options

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I like the 21 day challenge idea... I am a fan of everyone having the same challenge though, so that we all can root each other on and give tips and pointers along the way. I feel that we would have more of a bond as a team if we did it together. :smile:

I think checking in on the challenge daily would be a good idea.

A suggestion to make it easy is.... Try to follow me here : )

If we are all myfitnesspal friends, everyday one person.... ellipse22 maybe? Or whoever logs in first for the day.... could post in the News Feeds (which shows up on our homepage of my fitnesspal) the challenge. Then we all could 'check in' by making a comment on our outcome underneath the News Feed. : )

This way it is easily accesible everyday on our home page and we don't have to search for it, and we all can easily cheer each other onto success!

Just an idea! Let me know your thoughts......

That sounds like a great idea to me!

Starting March 1st I will post in my news feed about the challenge. I think we still need to determine if we are doing a group challenge or individual challenges??
    I like the idea of a group challenge too. It will be easier to hold everyone accountable and cheer each other on!

I agree!!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    If we are doing a group challenge then we need to pick our challenge. A few ideas were put out there....water, exercise etc.
    I think it's great that we have individual challenges but a group challenge could be something we all want to do.

Let me know what the consensus is.

Also, make sure you add me as a friend so you can see the news feed. I can post daily!
  • vanimami
    Options
    If we are doing a group challenge then we need to pick our challenge. A few ideas were put out there....water, exercise etc.
    I think it's great that we have individual challenges but a group challenge could be something we all want to do.

Also, make sure you add me as a friend so you can see the news feed. I can post daily!

Ok, I'm totally open to anything, I have a 24 oz water bottle by my desk at work and I drink that twice, but it's when I get home that I fail :blushing: I work out daily as long as I'm not sore, so I'd be up to any challenge :smile:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options

Ok, I'm totally open to anything, I have a 24 oz water bottle by my desk at work and I drink that twice, but it's when I get home that I fail :blushing: I work out daily as long as I'm not sore, so I'd be up to any challenge :smile:

I work out every other day, so I would be open to trying to make it every day except one.....everyone needs a recovery day.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Let's do water and exercise!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the double whammy -- Water and exercise. My exercise goal is 4 days a week. It's seems to work for me so far. Are we all trying to drink 8 glasses (64 oz.) a day?
  • vanimami
    Options
    I'm up for that, too. 64 oz sounds good to me and I'm going to work out 5-7 days a week. I'm down to the wire, so I need to up my workouts :smile:
  • ellipse22
    Options
    I'm up for the double whammy -- Water and exercise. My exercise goal is 4 days a week. It's seems to work for me so far. Are we all trying to drink 8 glasses (64 oz.) a day?

I think the goal would be 8 glasses a day as that is the general amount.

As far as exercise, it appears as if we all have different work out routines. Perhaps we could do exercise challenges such as so many crunches a day or squats or so many miles a day????
    To make it more interesting I could post in the feed a particular exercise to do (with suggestions from everyone else) that we could do daily...of course nothing too dramatic but something to just keep us going etc.

This is just a thought that maybe we could expand on.
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :flowerforyou: , Water & exercise challenges sound good, although I'm only allowed to walk right now. I hurt my back which is no fun at all :cry: Mary
  • ellipse22
    Options
    Weigh in day!!!!!!!!

I maintained this week. No loss for me but then again I figured that would happened.

I must have lost an inch or two because I am wearing a pair of work pants that are normally tight in the waist & hips. I put them on this morning not even realizing that they were a smaller size (half asleep) and was surprised that they fit comfortably!

YAY ME!!
  • gym_rat
    Options
    Weigh-in Day

Last week: 158.0lbs
    Goal for this week: 157.0lbs
    This week: 156.2lbs

Loss this week: -1.8lbs
    WOOT!

Next Thursday Goal: 155.0lbs

So far in February I have lost 6.0lbs. Feeling good!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    I must have lost an inch or two because I am wearing a pair of work pants that are normally tight in the waist & hips. I put them on this morning not even realizing that they were a smaller size (half asleep) and was surprised that they fit comfortably!
    YAY ME!!

Way to go "Chickies" :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: We might have to go from the "Last t 10lbs" to "Maintenance" before too long!

I weigh in tomorrow. Hoping to have not gained over my travel week-end. Going to try that water challenge again. Still on track for 4/7 days of exercise!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Weigh-in Day

Loss this week: -1.8lbs
    WOOT!

So far in February I have lost 6.0lbs. Feeling good!

Way to go "Chickies" :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: We might have to go from the "Last t 10lbs" to "Maintenance" before too long!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

I'm actually up .4lbs since last weigh-in (which was less than a week ago, but I decided to switch to Thursdays). After seeing a ridiculous loss last week (3lbs), I'm not too worried about just maintaining for a week. I feel thinner and clothes that were tight in December/January seem to be fitting better, so that's what really matters.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I weighed, but I am not really going to "check in" today because I am still on TOM and I think that accounts for the 1.6 gain that I am showing. I will continue to eat well and drink my water and will officially weigh in next Thurs.
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day for me! So I'm only down .1 lb. Oh well, its still better than a gain!

Last week: 135.5
    This week: 135.4

Great job everyone...lets keep it up! :bigsmile:
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    Yay! I was really worried about this week cos I've been out of town for work (for training) so no cooking facilities where I was staying, 'morning tea' provided (cookies, chips, etc) and going out for dinners with other people I've only just met so didn't want to make a big deal out of watching what I ate...
    Tried to pick healthy stuff on the menus, didn't get dessert when everyone at the table did (!) stopped eating when I was full not when my plate was empty (this is one of my big weaknesses)...
    Weighed in today with a 1 kg loss! (2.2 pounds). Also awesome because I have been stuck at 76 kgs (167lbs) for a few weeks now and was beginning to get worried and frustrated :( so am finally slightly beyond that at 75.5!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    Where did everyone go?

I had a good day for eating and I have noticed my appetite is changing..which is a good thing!!

Hope everyone had a great day! See everyone tomorrow!!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    Morning all!
    Happy Friday!

Busy day today...I'll be back later to check in on everyone!
  • IrishKeLL
    Options
    How can i join?? I Would loveeeeeee to be part of this :)