No BINGES for the rest of the year SUPPORT GROUP

Options
Hey Everyone,
So I do really well for like 3 weeks, and then I bake a pan of brownies and eat the whole thing. I was thinking it might be helpful to have a challenge group of people with similar binge issues... my idea is that if I talk myself into eating everything in sight, I'd have to post and explain why I think it's ok... if I still think it's ok, then go for it. LOL

We can check in every monday, and report if we've been successful! Let's see if we can make it all the way to the end of december.

Replies

• hawaii86442
    Options
    I have been told that sometimes binges are caused by not getting enough healthy food with the proper vitamins and nutrients.-also since you are female,I assume, that every one week out of four is based on your TOM. Good luck to you-and you have done well so far.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your well-wishes! I'm not really looking to diagnose my issues, I'm pretty sure they're more psychological than anything, I eat a very healthy and varied diet generally. Just looking for some people with similar issues to create a support group with.
    Amy
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    --also, if you having the craving-just go to a bakery and buy the fudgiest gooeiest brownie they have and enjoy----or if you are making them at home have a big piece and toss out the rest of the pan.Do they still have the smaller packages of brownie mix????

I have cravings for ice cream and french fries. So I stop at bk for fries and just gobble them up.--and the craving is gone--I get the junior size. For icecream I get the small sundae at DQ with toppings and just eat it until the topping is gone and toss the rest.

I always enter these cravings and indulgences on my diary.

Just thinking--this is not what you wanted--but to support you until Christmas I will eliminate those two indulgences to support you.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Lol, yah, those are the logical things, totally right that that's what I should do -- and I do for 95% of the time. But sometimes I get into this "I have this awesome diet plan that I'm going to start tomorrow, so today I can eat everything in sight... oh, not on diet today, here's a bowl of cereal before I go to bed"

I'm not asking anyone to quit any indulgences. I don't think a little bit here and there of bad for you things are bad. Go 1k over your calories, no biggie... This is more trying to avoid the mental trap... does that make sense?
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Nobody?? I can't be the only one that struggles with this... :(
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I would join! I'm fine with having a day where I overeat on junk, but the days where I just keep eating until I'm so sick are a nightmare.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i will add ya and join in!!!! i def can binge eat from time to time :( its not good...soooo yeap!!! im with ya!!! lol
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I can't seem to make it a whole week without a binge. I tell myself I'll have one "cheat meal" and it turns into a whole cheat day.
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    I'd join! That is sooooo me!
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Im with ya!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Have you made the group? How would I join? (I haven't joined any groups yet.)
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think everyone binges at one point or another. I used to have multiple binge days and then I'd beat myself up for it and start up again. I realize its all about moderation. Sometimes I also have learned binge days are because you are eating not enough calories maybe for a certain amount of time & its your bodies way of saying it needs more proper nourishment :)

PS: To the original poster, I'm an SDSU grad. LOVE LOVE LOVE and miss San Diego! :(
  • eatandexercise1
    eatandexercise1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really struggle with binges; I work out and I would look so hot if it weren't for the overeating. I'd love to join this group! Any extra help to lose the baby weight would be great.
  • Jobe72
    Jobe72 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I have a perfect few weeks and then I have a binge which is generally the beginning of the end:( I'm there now. Count me in!!!
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Yes!!!
    Thanks so much everyone! We can do this together. I'm not sure what happens... some days, it's like one thing leads to another, and suddenly I can hardly sleep my stomach is so full...
    I'm probably going to post pretty much daily to try to keep up with this, so you all will probably get sick of hearing from me.
    Amy
  • todayIwill26
    Options
    I could really use something like this! Have been having trouble staying in control lately. Start off every day with the best of intentions and then...... It all goes down hill..
  • Beatlegirl66
    Beatlegirl66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling with the binging right now. I do so well for 6 days and then boom...I am eating an entire can of icing with Scoobie Doo graham crackers. Last week I binged on an entire bag of ranch croutons! Huh! What am I thinking? I need some help getting back on track and to stop going overboard. Count me in!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I struggle with this too
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am a definite binger! Triggered by emotional stuff and even boredom. I am much, much, MUCH better than when I was younger, but definitely still have my moments. :(

Anyone, feel free to add me! I need more friends that would understand this!
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I could really use something like this! Have been having trouble staying in control lately. Start off every day with the best of intentions and then...... It all goes down hill..

Ditto!