What is your biggest complaint about YOUR gym?

Replies

• sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    not enough space for stretching. It would be nice if the womens area did not pull double duty as the spin room. Someitmes the only time I can make it to the gym, the room is being used for spin and I dont want to workout with all of the guys
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    The swimming pool. I love swimming and used to go 3 times a week, but the swimming pool in my gym is also open to the general public and they don't seem to put any limit on how many people they allow in there. The pool is always too rammed to do any proper swimming and when they put the lanes up, even they get too clogged and they are not wide enough. This is all in the adults only periods too!

Ugh - that would stink.
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Garage. Cat litter box.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    The personal trainers. Their (Youfit) system needs to be updated, I pay for a session and the trainer no longer works there. Also how do you go to a gym and they do not have bolt cutters for your locker even though they threaten to clip locks by the end of the day ?
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    No squat rack, no deads, not sure I consider it a real 'gym' anymore more of a hamster wheel factory.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    The cost!!!! £1900 per year for Hubby, 11 year old, 7 year old and myself - Other than that I love it
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    The music sucks. Thank God for my headphones.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    No pool and only one squash court that is used for classes so not available most of the time.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    The gym I used to go to had rolls of sanitizing wipes for the equipment. My current gym has rolls of brown paper towels that have poor absorption, and spray bottles. People think one spray on the towel is enough to sanitize the machine. Yuck!
  • islebutterfly09
    islebutterfly09 Posts: 33 Member
    For some reason my HRM doesn't work when I'm using the recumbent bike while reading my Kindle. How am I supposed to lose weight if my HRM doesn't work?

I think maybe i is just the bike that does that, because my HRM won't work when I am on the bike at my gym either. My chest strap syncs with the bike, but the HRM watch goes screwy and tracks my HR at like 295... I just use the number that the machine gives me at the end of the ride.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 928 Member
    when they're out of clean towels...so annoying!
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    The personal trainer with the 13 inch arms always coming up to me and trying to get me to sign up for some sessions with him. I laugh in his face. Give it up already! LOL!
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    People not cleaning machines... ick
    NOBODY wants to put their hands all over something swimming in another persons sweat!
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    The distance. I love my gym. They have plenty of equipment and it’s an affordable price. My kids love the kids’ room with computers, flat screens and video games.

The distance keeps me from going. It takes 20 minutes to get there with no traffic and most days that is not doable. I would go every day if it was only a little closer. I work out at home and go to the gym as a treat.
  • Weight hogs....seriously, I pay good money to use those weights, too!
  • People "of a certain age" who walk three-wide, taking up the whole width of the indoor track.
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    The community center I go to has programs like hockey and swimming on right now, so while the kids are doing their thing, while their parents wait, they come in and hog the machines, just sit on them and talk, not actually use them. Ugh.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    I absolutely love my gym! Great staff and I work with a great trainer. No complaints here.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    The people there that look way better than me and can run way longer. And apparently no one else sweats. The gym itself is fine. :laugh:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,078 Member
    only one squat rack

^^^^ This