My Success: Results of quitting smoking

Options

Replies

• goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Do you have any tips on how I can be supportive? He does want to quit but doesn't seem to have the motivation or drive to do so.

Unfortunately you can't force him to quit, he has to REALLY want to do it.
    There is a MASSIVE difference between someone who says they want to quit and one that really wants to quit.
    You can only offer the support and encouragement, but not push him into it, it has to be his decision.

Some people just need a wake up moment, that moment changes things forever. Where that moment comes from I am not sure.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    God Save the Queen!

Now, give me your gold.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

My husband and I quit three and a half years ago.

It seems like forever ago.
    Keep up the GREAT work!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I love this. Great way to stay motivated! Congratulations on quitting!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I wish my husband would quit! That would be a nice chunk of change, and he wouldn't smell foul anymore.
  • isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    THAT IS INCREDIBLE! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking and on your new found wealth!
  • JCulp19
    JCulp19 Posts: 82
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! I just quit 8 days ago and it is still a little bit of a struggle but I am determined. Sadly I wont be able to have 3 grand sitting in a jar because I rolled mine myself so they were actually pretty cheap but I did find this app that tells me how much of my life I have saved and by not smoking for 8 days I have saved 10 hours in my life which if you ask me is priceless :D
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Huge congratulations to you, Sir!!! Those stacks of money do look nice!
    I have been smoke-free for 9 weeks now. Each payday, I squirrel away $60 (which is actually LESS than what I'd have spent on cigs in a 2-week period) and I'm saving up for a 50" flatscreen tv. I should have it by mid-December. Can't wait!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    SO many congratulations to you!!! That's amazing that you quit and I'm so glad you did!! You deserve all the praise in the world!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting!!!! It's been a little over 14 months for me!!!:bigsmile:
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Thank you for the lovely messages :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing. I'm currently only 5 days in, but I'll be putting the money I would spend on smoking into a jar every day, and at the end of a year I'll have $2,438.40 USD.

I tried quitting before and did the same thing - I *still* have the nearly $500 from that, so I'll add it to the above number and have nearly 3 grand. I'm thinking a trip to Europe or Australia will be in order for my reward. :drinker:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I've been smoke free for about 4 years. That was one healthy step I made before my weight loss journey began 2 years later. Well done for your accomplishment! :drinker: :smile:
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Congratulations what a fantastic victory to share, Thankyou so much I showed my husband, hope this works :smile:
  • blueeyess55
    blueeyess55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I quit 3 1/2 months ago after smoking 30 years. Feel great & will never go back :happy:
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am trying to quit myself. I have changed everything in my life accept this BAD habit. Maybe if I did this, I would be more motivated to stick to it. I'm gonna try! Thank you for the fabulous idea!
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. Keep going because the health benefits are endless.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Great job! My boyfriend and I quit about 3 months ago, also. It's the best thing I ever did and I wish I had done it sooner as it was not nearly as hard as i thought it would be. We have not specifically been saving the money from it, though. Maybe we should.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!