Pumpkin Spice Frappe-Only 45.6 Calories!

Options
13»

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Isn't that the one from Chocolate Covered Katie?

Although I'd love some advice. I've been wanting to make this but tinned pumpkins REALLY aren't a thing in the UK and I can't find them anywhere. Any idea what kind of thing I could substitute?

I imagine any sort of pureed squash would work. Maybe you could try buying some pureed pumpkin or squash baby food. It's pretty much the same thing, I suppose. Or, if you're really dedicated, buy a pumpkin and make your own puree. You can keep any leftovers in the freezer.
    I just made pumpkin soup from scratch and there's leftover meat so might try that, thanks!
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    VERY IMPORTANT NOTE ON THIS: I have to assume that the "coconut milk" in the recipe is not actually coconut milk - real coconut milk, such as what comes in a can from Thai Kitchen (or something like that) has 140 calories for 1/3 of a cup! The "coconut milk" in this recipe must be the "coconut milk" in the same sense as "almond milk" or "soy milk," the kind that's in a carton and is used like the dairy kind of milk that you'd put on your cereal.

Just wanted to throw that out there so no one starts making these delicious things with the canned coconut milk thinking it's low-calorie and ends up consuming over 200 calories per drink (although they probably would be delicious!).

Other than that clarification though, thank you for the recipe - I love all things pumpkin spice!
  • jodyweaves
    Options
    Maybe butternut or buttercup squash? Do you have access to either of those? It's available here fresh (bake it in the oven and mash), frozen or as babyfood.
  • jodyweaves
    Options
    I tried this exactly as directed, even added a couple more teaspoons of Stevia, but it was pretty tasteless in my opinion. Bummer:(
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yum!! Thanks for this!!!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!