eating junk food and still losing?

Options

Replies

• Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    As long as if fits into my calorie plan....I will eat it. I just eat less than I used to. I try to save it for weekend functions.....or my somewhat free day.
  • shadoewz
    Options
    I am an old lady, and I confess: there are many days when I eat "junk"....and I'm still losing weight, probably because I've stopped eating a truckload of "junk" ;)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream, candy and homemade cheesecake every day even when I'm cutting - I just allow a certain amount of calories for treats like this.
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have been able to indulge lightly here and there-- maybe a small candy bar instead of a big one.. or a bite of someone else's cake instead of getting a slice of my own! However you can control \ maintain portions and still end with a smile and no guilt is how you should proceed :) Its different for every person- find YOUR happy medium using others advice and ideas! Cheers to you : )

LOVE this!! ^^^ Definitely this :)
  • rabbit1951
    rabbit1951 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat a bit of junk food every day, but make it fit into my daily calorie limit.

This.
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My philosophy is "Everything in moderation." If I were to cut pizza or ice cream entirely out of my life, I would be miserable. It wouldn't be a life worth living for me. So, I do partake. I just make sure to make room for the treat or workout extra to accomodate the calories.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I focus on my macros (carbs/protein/fat) and total calorie goals. If it fits - I eat it.

And, I am losing weight.
  • Cristofori44
    Options
    A little junk is good for the soul.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    When I eat it, it's not junk. So no.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    "there are healthier ways to get carb calories, but sometimes i just want that to be in the form of sour patch kids"

:D
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    building dessert into my plan keeps me sane. I wouldn't be able to make it for very long without dessert! I just try to make sure I hit my macro goals and stay within my calories.

Its working so far :-)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    If you eat unclean foods it will stop weightloss immediately, 100% clean eating is the way to go
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

I eat a pint of ice cream every single night, lost 150+ lbs doing this and have kept it off for 6 months doing this. Caloric deficit will lead to weight loss.
    this
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i lost alot of weight and ate junk now and then and in very controlled portions but this past summer i didnt measure and didnt pay any mind to what iw as eating and i gained 30lbs ... thats not very good ..now im suffering for it so its back to doing the right thing and if i am jonesing over not having ice cream or something else i want then ill go back to controlled portions of it
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Daily Junk food eater checking in...
    I would eat healthier but, im a super picky eater and it's hard for me to find food i like!

Seriously the only vegetable i eat is corn and pickled beets!
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm a really, really picky eater. I sometimes wonder if it's a disorder (a form of OCD maybe) because I am very habitual and methodical in my eating. Plenty of what I eat could probably qualify as "junk." A combination of having a bad gag reflex if I don't like a food (making me afraid to try new things) and having limited choices on campus makes it so that I rarely get something other than a slice of pizza for dinner. However, I have learned to eat around it and make it fit into my daily allowance. As long as the supposed "junk" fits in, I wouldn't worry about it. I eat pizza nearly every day, and I still lose. It's about how much of the "junk" you eat and what/how much you eat around it.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Sure. I eat about 100-200 calories of chocolate a day (out of 1800-2000 cals), all spread out. I also seem to end up eating Culver's or some other greasy joint once a week. Just make sure it fits your macros (protein, sugar, carb) goals as well as your calorie goals.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I eat what most here would probably consider "junk" everyday. It works because now I just eat one serving of that junk instead of 50 or so.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    If you eat unclean foods it will stop weightloss immediately, 100% clean eating is the way to go

Plus 6 doughnuts. :bigsmile: Sorry! I couldn't help myself! :blushing:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    What's junk?

I eat a really healthy diet. I ALSO eat a small piece of cake every week or two, I'll have a piece of chocolate or a bit of ice cream. I go out with my husband once a week and have 6 or 7 french fries off his plate. It's a small part of my calories, an miniscule part of my nutrients, and it's something I enjoy. It's within my calorie alotment.

I'm planning on eating carefully the rest of my life to keep weight off. I'm not going to say no to every silly thing I want to eat forever. It would make me nuts.