why do some of your MFP friends ignore you

Options

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    :grumble:

I try hard to post a word of encouragement and yes I know people are busy, but so am I and I try. Its seems to be only some of the women on my friends list, the men always say something.. I dont understand what I have done to upset these women.. I am on this site to lose weight only. Thanks for letting me vent. I guess you cant please everyone..
    Class 5 clinger.

A lot of people will 'unfriend' people who don't interact very often. It's more common than you might think.
    Doesn't make her "clingy"
    I tell my friends to unfriend me almost every day

...and if she is not getting the support she likes, she should kick them to the curb.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I only post on things that really interest me or that I'm impressed with, maybe your friends are the same way.... hmmm... *nevermind*

I don't expect my friends to comment on every little post that pops up of mine either.
  • connye13
    Options
    it really was just a question, i am not needy or want all the attention. I dont post everytime also, but I am courteous. again thanks for the replies,and some of you are funny, some are not , but all entertaining :flowerforyou:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I generally only comment if the person has hit a significant milestone or if they are describing a problem that I might have a helpful opinion on.
    Although I appreciate the "great burn," sort of comments I get, they do feel a bit contrived...like the person is going along doing their rounds of patting people on the back and it was just my turn.

Beyond fitness, I do enjoy some back and forth with people I'm particularly compatible with.
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I am quite a chatty cathy, so I post and comment as much as I can. I do have some friends on my list that are SUPER supportive, I interact with them all the time, but then I would say there are quite a few that I never hear from. The reason I don't delete them is because maybe they just aren't chatty and like to see the encouragement but are too shy to comment, or maybe just don't have the time. I figure everyone needs support in one way or another, but some may just like to build more of a relationship then some others. Don't let it bother you, if it does, just don't go out of your way to comment on their stuff, just do it to the supportive ones if you feel they are the ones that deserve it :) We are all on different phases of our journey, and some just aren't as open as others.

Friend me if you would like a supportive friend :)
  • ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    MY GUESS IS BECAUSE YOU'RE ANNOYING.
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I periodically go through my list and delete people who don't log in and a few here & there that don't even post on their own profiles (other than diary, weigh-in, etc.). I did delete one "friend" I'd had for a year because in that time she literally never interacted with me in any way. I don't care about the numbers; I just want to be part of a group of friendly, like-mided people!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

I try hard to post a word of encouragement and yes I know people are busy, but so am I and I try. Its seems to be only some of the women on my friends list, the men always say something.. I dont understand what I have done to upset these women.. I am on this site to lose weight only. Thanks for letting me vent. I guess you cant please everyone..

Thanks for the fresh new topic....I wonder why no one has mentioned this before? :wink:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    WHY is this always so hard?

That's what she said.............:bigsmile:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    47944_183229388481384_1698431753_n.jpg

I'm actually not really sure why they ignore me...**shrugs shoulders**
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    seriously? :grumble:
  • JennaM222
    Options

Class 5 clinger.

LOLZ i heart you.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I think you're taking it way too personally.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    They're probably not ignoring you, just busy. My life goes in cycles...sometimes I can MFP quite a bit, sometimes I can only be on to log food. Hopefully my FL understands and accepts me for what I can provide, though it's sometimes not much. If not, they dump me, I'm bummed, but realize they deserve to make this site what they need as well. Those that matter know that I am always in their corner, and if they ever need a friend, they can find me via other channels.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    They might be too busy and don't have the time to chat. Do they log in every day? It's motivational enough to see when your MFP friends stick to their plan.
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options

I just busted out lauging at my desk.

bwahahahaha!
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Do the ones that ignore you have a massive amount of MFP friends?

Maybe having too many friends makes it easier to get lost in the waves of posts, plus I am sure it's a hassle to go to each individual profile for a high Five or Way to go post every day when you have a lot of friends on here ...

Not a lot of friends, but still silence? Hrrrm then they just don't like you anymore *lol*

Seriously, they are probably busy.. but if it bugs you either message 'em and say hey and start the interacting flow or delete them all together
  • JennaM222
    Options

I just busted out lauging at my desk.

bwahahahaha!

As did i. And tried to friend him but he deleted his account :(
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    OP - I often don't comment on some people's posts b/c they have 200+ friends and I know lots of people will post there. I'm not ignoring them and I don't have 'issues' - I just figure that I should see if some other pal's posts have not been commented on yet and try to add my support where it might be needed. :flowerforyou:

- - -

ETA: I honestly don't see this as a gender issue, but that's just my experience here.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I generally only comment if the person has hit a significant milestone or if they are describing a problem that I might have a helpful opinion on.
    Although I appreciate the "great burn," sort of comments I get, they do feel a bit contrived...like the person is going along doing their rounds of patting people on the back and it was just my turn.

Beyond fitness, I do enjoy some back and forth with people I'm particularly compatible with.

THIS ^

I don't like to be a "serial commenter" and just say the same thing on every post to people who post similar things every day. I do try to read everything and I always try to comment when I have time, or if a status strikes me in a particular way.

I will usually post a global status about how everyone on my FL is doing a GREAT job, because I do see them, but commenting individually is sometimes just not possible for me. If someone unfriends me for that, that's fine, I am not what they need on their list, and most of the time I don't take that personally. This place is for me to use as I need it, not to please everyone, and the same goes for every other person on this site. It doesn't matter that much to me if someone overtly and publicly supports me or not. Some people don't interact much. Others do. It's similar to real life, really...would you "unfriend" someone in real life just because you didn't hear from them very often?