Too Tired To Exercise Most Days.

Options

Replies

• EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    And Eat Some Protein/Small Snack For Some Energy To Get The Workout Started.

You still haven't said how many calories you're eating and if it's at your TDEE maintenance level or if you're trying one those 1200 calorie diets. Eating "some protein" or a "small snack" isn't going to give your body the nutrition it needs. How are you going to be healthy if you're starving your body? It's like trying to cook a meal on an electric stove during a brown out....
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Okay so my suggestion is going to be a bit different. Try the other ones first IMO. Come home from work and take a 30 min nap - not watching tv/ not reading - close your eyes and try to fall asleep - look up meditation if needed. set an alarm. When the alarm goes off get up and go work out. This worked for me when I had the same schedule as you.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Why Do You Capitalize Every Word?

I thought I was the only one thinking this

Habit. Why Does It Matter? I Don't Understand The Relevance Of It Really... Not What The Topic Is About.

Actually, it makes it damn near impossible to read what you are saying. I had to read your first post about three times before my mind would allow me to understand what you said.

I have read everyone of your responses since then, and same thing - I couldn't tell you what you just said.

If you're trying to communicate - I think the general population is saying that it's not working so good with that habit.
  • EccentricDad
    Options
    Okay so my suggestion is going to be a bit different. Try the other ones first IMO. Come home from work and take a 30 min nap - not watching tv/ not reading - close your eyes and try to fall asleep - look up meditation if needed. set an alarm. When the alarm goes off get up and go work out. This worked for me when I had the same schedule as you.

^This.
    Introverts (especially ones with social anxiety) who work with the public need to recharge their social/emotional battery before they can go back out into the public. If you aren't an introvert, then you very well could have anemia (low iron) or a B12 deficiency (tired blood) so it goes back to my malnutrition idea. Are you taking a multivitamin yet? Very important as most foods today lack full nutrition due to early harvesting before they are fully ripe.
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that too! I made to drastic changes to avoid it. My cable wire was accidentally cut by tree trimmers and I did not have it fixed - that way I am not sitting on my couch spending the evening watching tv. I took my computer out of the living room so I wasn't tempted to sit there and play on it. I only eat at the dining room table, that way I am not eating in front of the TV. All of these things were very hard to do at first, but now, I don't miss any of them!
  • joliexlove
    Options

You still haven't said how many calories you're eating and if it's at your TDEE maintenance level or if you're trying one those 1200 calorie diets. Eating "some protein" or a "small snack" isn't going to give your body the nutrition it needs. How are you going to be healthy if you're starving your body? It's like trying to cook a meal on an electric stove during a brown out....

I Just Started Eating Better (Less Than A Week) And Basically Followed The Suggestion Of MFP To Have 1,200 Calories For My Weight Loss Goal... But Clearly It Seems That It May Not Be Enough And Can Be A Reason As To Why I'm So Tired And Have Little To No Energy At 3pm.
  • EccentricDad
    Options

Habit. Why Does It Matter? I Don't Understand The Relevance Of It Really... Not What The Topic Is About.

Actually, it makes it damn near impossible to read what you are saying. I had to read your first post about three times before my mind would allow me to understand what you said.

I have read everyone of your responses since then, and same thing - I couldn't tell you what you just said.

If you're trying to communicate - I think the general population is saying that it's not working so good with that habit.

I could read it fine. I think you're just giving her a hard time for personal reasons/preferences. If she wants to be hip and do things her own way, that's up to her. Her problems are still real though and need solving. Just get over the brain issue and help if you're going to help.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I do my workout in the mornings for that exact reason, by evening I am tired as hell

The only problem is you have to get to work at 6am, so you would have to workout around 4:30am or so.....or as some have suggested carry your workout clothes with you and drives straight to the gym

Just do it :smile:

Goodluck
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    You just have to kick yourself in the *kitten* and do it. It's not about energy drinks, supplements or snacks. That's all just a bunch of junk to make you spend money. Eat some protein (like a hardboiled egg, or celery and peanut butter) around 3:30-4 p.m., then drive straight to the gym. Don't stop, no excuses.

Either that, or try to workout in the morning. It's hard, but once you get used to it you are more awake all day.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Go straight to the gym after work. Have your gym bag ready.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

When I read each word in my head I read it as if it were the first word of the sentence. My brain doesn't like it.

This.
  • EccentricDad
    Options

I Just Started Eating Better (Less Than A Week) And Basically Followed The Suggestion Of MFP To Have 1,200 Calories For My Weight Loss Goal... But Clearly It Seems That It May Not Be Enough And Can Be A Reason As To Why I'm So Tired And Have Little To No Energy At 3pm.

Yeah, you should follow your TDEE. You can get it at this website:
    http://www.calorieline.com/tools/tdee

I was skeptical too at first because I was losing just fine at 1200 calories. But then I learned I was losing muscle and fat and now I'm "skinny fat" as a result... So basically, the scale says 144 lbs. But the body fat% says 16% and I still have a lot of work to do. So I went from 1200 calories a day, to 1500 (because I was skeptical still) to 1700, and soon I'll be at my "maintenance" which will be just shy of 2000. The science is all there that it's safe and I won't gain weight. You just have to measure everything you eat on a food scale (by weight) to make sure you don't go over. Or only eat portion controlled packaging products, but I on't recommend processed foods.

But seriously, look into a multivitamin and get your iron, b12, and magnesium. All 3 things helps with that lethargic feeling you're talking about. Chewies don't work, you'll need a pill. It's better to get it through diet, but you'll have to eat a wide variety of veggies and fruits each day to get the amount of vitamins that's in a pill.
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    before i retired i walked on my lunch hour. you come back refreshed..:wink:
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    Just do it.... tired or not... relax after.... push yourself! or don't go home till after you go to the gym
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    To force myself to workout I bring my gym bag to work and change into my workout clothes after work. The chances of me working out once I get home are slim to none. Once I am home from work all I want to do is cook dinner and veg out on the couch.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i :heart: my friends.
  • homegirl614
    homegirl614 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I found that not going home after work, and going straight to the gym gives me the best results. It is great getting home and being done. I don't feel guilty for sitting around watching TV then.

I so agree with this. If I just go to the gym before going home, I can do my workout. But if i go home first, I know it's not going to happen.
  • EccentricDad
    Options
    OP, I think you have a lot of great advice and it's very diverse. Hopefully you can find something in this thread that will help you. Good luck and try not to respond to anyone giving you a hard time as it will keep this thread active for the wrong reasons (something that happens to me a lot on here).
  • Sagebrush775
    Options
    80% of success is showing up. Get through the gym door and you will find after a few weeks you have more energy and drive. If the gym was important to you would have the energy to do it stemming from your desire and motivation.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to find some excersises or workouts you can do at home. That cuts out the 'going to the gym' part. There are some great home workouts. Start small, even 15 min a day to build the routine in to your life. You can work right up to some tougher home workouts like P90x but start simple - pushups, situps burpees, low impact aerobic DVD or something.