Today I feel like crying because I am SOOOOOOO fat

Options
13»

Replies

• songbirdz74
    songbirdz74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had 100+ lbs to lose when I started (again) back in June. All other times before now I would get discouraged because I would look at the BIG # (100+) and cry because I never thought it was attainable. So far I've lost almost 40 lbs and realize, looking back, that it IS attainable! What I had to do was break it down in to 10 lb intervals & reward myself with something new - like new workout shorts or shirt - just something to make me feel good about myself.
    I started doing TRX at the gym and stuck with it even when it was sooo hard and felt like I looked crazy for being in there with all these pretty girls & ripped guys. I couldn't even get my hips off the ground or barely do a pushup, but I stuck with it!! I could have easily said "Forget It"! But I didn't! Now I can hold plank w/out my knees being on the ground - even in the straps! I can do pushups better and I can do some mountain climbers & pikes... It's the little things that I'm noticing. I'm getting stronger & it makes me want MORE!! I still have a LONG way to go, but I know that I can do this!! I can't get through an entire TRX session w/out resting some, but I can do a whole lot more now than when I first started!
    So what I'm saying to you is this, find something that might be hard at first but that you kind of enjoy & just DO IT! It's okay if you can't get through an entire workout (or an entire week w/out your soda), but strive to do better the next time, & then again the next time. Don't give up! You got this, girl!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Baby steps. Maybe switch to diet soda first.
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think we've all been there at one time or another. Losing weight has been the hardest thing I've had to do so far (even harder than giving birth). I struggle everyday to get motivated and I have my good days and a lot of bad ones. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time and remember everyday is a new day, a fresh start. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! It's slow process. I would love to lend some support, so please add me if you would like.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up, and don't let yourself get discouraged! We've all been there! Once you adjust to cutting down/giving up your Soda, you won't even miss it! I was a huge pop addict and I completely gave it up a year ago..I don't even miss it or crave it! When I do want that carbonated drink, I opt for Club Soda with Slices of Strawberry, lemon or cucumber.

You got this!
  • joramaker
    joramaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Please add a bunch of us as friends - after that, just log in every day and wham - instant motivation. Dont Give Up!! You CAN DO IT - get yourself some friends on MFP n you will see - we motivate each other DAILY!

Come with us!!! You can lose as MUCH as you want!!! YOU CAN!
  • joramaker
    joramaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree!! We are here to help. I'm sad you feel this way :( Please just believe in yourself and love the you inside. You can do it!
    Please add a bunch of us as friends - after that, just log in every day and wham - instant motivation. Dont Give Up!! You CAN DO IT - get yourself some friends on MFP n you will see - we motivate each other DAILY!

Come with us!!! You can lose as MUCH as you want!!! YOU CAN!
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    So one step at a time.. stop drinking soda.. I stopped drinking it about 4 months ago.. I drank SODA all day long.. hardly any water... so now I drink water... sometimes plain water sometimes with some Mio... sometimes lemon ect... I have not had ONE soda in 4 months... just doing that l lost about 4 pounds... then I started exercising ... and then I found this site... I track EVERYTHING I put in my mouth.... no lying.. cause the only person it's hurting is myself.. I weigh my foods.. I don't guess... ect... I exercise 5-6 times a week for 30 mins... walking , riding a exercise bike ect... I've lost about 20 pounds (some before this site) I still have a LONG way to go but I don't worry about tomorrow.. I stay in the day... I have over 100 pounds to loose... you can add me if you would like..... and don't think of this as a diet........ it's a lifestyle change... you gotta change .. can't loose the weight then go back to doing what you did before.. will gain it all back! good luck :flowerforyou:
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Sometimes it's good to have a good cry.
    You'll be ok :)
  • tinah68
    tinah68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also had over 100 lbs to lose (closer to 150!) and am down 70 since January. I was also drinking Pepsi
    like it was water and cut it out completely..have not had any at all since Jan. 8 ! :)
    But..I have found I am slipping back into some of my bad habits and haven't been logging at all...and I
    need to get back on track!
    So if you (or any of you reading this!) need friends to help motivate each other, please add me! :)
  • Han987
    Han987 Posts: 28
    Options
    You say you feel really upset by what the scale said, that seems like enough motivation to me. Clearly you don't want to always feel upset, so do something about it. Just work on things like you said no fizzy drink for a week, Imagine how GREAT you will feel after completing that. Then next week go for say 2 30min walks and no fizzy drink. Just keep going.
    There's a flight of 103 stairs up a hill near where I live I do it one extra time each time I go there, up to 6, and it feels like such a huge accomplishment, which in turn makes me happy so just make small goals and do them.
    When you don't feel like exercising, or when your about to eat something you know you shouldn't just think how strong you will feel if you go for that walk, or turn down the food. Compared to being forever upset
    Sorry that was quite long
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Know that it will TAKE TIME and you can't let yourself get discouraged. Cutting out soda was the easiest thing for me to do. You just have to tell yourself NO and will power plays a major role when losing weight. Don't buy it., don't have it in the house, don't order it when you go out. Once you don't have it for a while, you don't miss it at all. Start putting lemon in your water and drinking crystal light! You got this girl!!
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I rarely talk to anyone about how I feel about my weight, because most days I am in denial and just pretend that being fat doesn't matter. Today I got on the scale for the first time since February. The scale was not pretty. I have gained back the weight that I had previously lost, about 10 pounds, PLUS 4 more pounds. I can not keep doing this for the rest of my life. I want to eat healthy, and I usually don't. Today I have barely ate anything compared to how I usually eat, but I actually am following the plan on here and do not feel very hungry. The biggest thing I want to focus on this week, is NO PEPSI OR CHERRY COKE. I drink them like they are water. I don't care if I exercise this week, but I just want to stop drinking regular pop. I drink it so much, and I do not want to. Today it was so hard to get on the scale, but I actually even went to the store to get a new battery because my scale was dead. I considered leaving it that way, but I knew that I could not keep doing that to myself. I currently way 269.2 lbs, and I do not want to go any higher. It is embarassing to go to the doctor's office, as I am like how much do I weigh now. I will be 40 in March, and I desperately want to get more healthy than I am right now. Does anyone else have 100 or more pounds to lose and not feel motivated? I would strongly appreciate people's insight.

Feel free to friend me I am 48 yrs. old and had 104 lbs. to lose, I started in March to eat healthy and exercise I am almost to my halfway mark and hopefully will be at my goal weight by March. I found that MFP is the greatest tool they could have invented. If you follow the suggestions and tweek here or there a little bit you will have no trouble losing the weight!!!!
  • momgotspunk
    Options
    Today I went from about a six pack of Pepsi to only 1 can! Yey me! Then I went to a favorite restaurant and had a bowl of chili with NO CHEESE, NO SOUR CREAM, and NO CRACKERS. It was so yummy, and I didn't need any of that extra junk. Not only that, but I just completed my Food Diary and I am UNDER my calories goal. Yey! I feel so much better. Thanks to everyone for the extra support, I sure needed it!
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    I'm sorry you are feeling so down! It is not a fun place to be!

When I started I had 100 lbs to lose, and honestly I didn't think I'd ever be where I am today. It really is just one day at a time. I couldn't focus on the 100, I focused on 10 at a time.

Now, diet soda isn't the best, but it's baby steps, so could you switch from regular soda to diet and then slowly cut that down? That might be a starting point for you with that issue.

You can do this!

Great advice Stephanie I had 104 lbs. to lose and I took it 10 lbs at a time as well. I am almost to my halfway mark. Congratulations on your 85 lbs!!!!!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    honey i was 300lbs ..got down to 192 and now im 220... i gained thirty lbs this year ..i was like 'ok..enough is enough'. im back on track again . we are survivors here ... and you need to keep telling yourself positive things .. making wrong choices are ok if you learn from them ..look where things went wrong and figure out a way to correct it
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    Dont feel bad. My starting weight at 22 was 400lbs :( ( everyone including doctors said i looked 280lbs). But being 400lbs i was so big that i was unmotivated beause i thought i couldnt do it. Ive been big all my life, all my family is big. You take it one day at a time. Its been 2 months now and ive lose 35lbs. Which is amazing, im not starving myself i eat 1,200-1,500 calories per day unless i forget to eat a meal if im busy then its a little less.i work out 7 days a week in the pool burning about 900 calories.

I am lucky enough to have no health problems. no high blood pressure,no diabetes etc. Its a struggle but the end result is worth it! after 2 weeks i stopped wanting soda at all. Now to me it tastes gross. i drink lots of tea and ice lemon water. you can do it!! motivation for me is an outfit i got in a size 18 which is my starting point. a size 26 to a size 18. which i was a size 18 at 16. looking at that outfit everyday motivates me even more!

WOOOOOOW!!!! what an amazing attitude!!!!! you go girl would love to have you as a friend !!!!! we all need support like this on our journey to getting healthy.
  • melmonroe
    melmonroe Posts: 111
    Options
    That appears to be like serious sugar fluctuations! I used to have them, bad. Never under estimate the power of the BODY OVER THE MIND when trying to overcome sugar imbalances much of which is caused by things we THINK are good for us but are not.

Willpower WILL NOT work against sugar level drops creating serious cravings and binges that WILL (and not maybe) overpower all of your good intentions. Food is mighty powerful medicine/drug. So, if you sometimes think that you are losing your mind, well.... LOL!

I got sick of suffering and finally got my blood sugar levels under control. I can deal with being "hungry" as a rational human being now instead of the sugar high I used to seek out and crave daily/hourly and even as bad AS minute by minute. Hope you look into that -- while cutting soda is a good start, there probably is a lot more to it than that for you.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I started at 252 four months ago, I had 100lbs to lose then.....and now I'm close to ONE-derland, it's tough, you will be emotional, frustrated, tearful and most of all sweaty! BUT it is soooooooo worth it. You've done fantastic already to step on that scale and decide to make a change, now it's time to commit to really changing your life.

13 members of my family either have heart complications or have passed away due to them, I lost my father, uncle and grandparents in the space of a year, due to heart attacks. That is incredibly scary and I knew i had to change my life, I'm 29 and I didn't want to reach 30 with heart problems looming over me.

Eating right and working out is now a habit, they say it takes 21 days to make something a habit, so you just have to stick at this for 21 days to begin to make this your life going forward. I'm sorry you're feeling down, I know exactly how that feels, in fact, i still feel that way some days, wanting to get to the end of my journey faster, but then i realise this is a marathon not a sprint, it doesn't matter when I get to the finish, just that I do.

I cut the 100lbs down into smaller goals, so every time I lost 15lbs I had a treat, be that a new outfit or having my hair done or having a meal out in a restaurant. Now I just think about the next 15lbs, not about the next 50. It doesn't feel so big a task.

Invest in yourself and your health....because to quote Loreal: You're Worth It! :drinker: